Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5258 5259 [5260] 5261 5262 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492308 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78885 on: June 12, 2015, 06:03:02 pm »

Endears you with fetishistic attachment to shadowbanning and epik upboating according to your heart's content; that's not even going into how they take muh meymeys and make them family friendly, as edgy as bowling balls and original as Hollywood
I understood maybe half of that, and I don't into reddit. Is that good or bad?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #78886 on: June 12, 2015, 06:07:43 pm »

Endears you with fetishistic attachment to shadowbanning and epik upboating according to your heart's content; that's not even going into how they take muh meymeys and make them family friendly, as edgy as bowling balls and original as Hollywood
Yes

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78887 on: June 12, 2015, 07:35:31 pm »

"Shadowbanning" is Redditese for a global ban (i.e. by global admins instead of sub moderators) where you can still post but no one can see them unless a moderator specifically allows them.

"Upboat" is "upvote" (to approve of a post and make it appear higher in post rankings, also increasing user's "karma") but misspelled.

"Muh" is an interestingly versatile "tic"; originally a "stupid" mispronunciation of "my" ("muh feels") basically intended to be a sarcasm marker indicating that you are mocking someone else (like speaking in a stupid mockery of their voice).

"Meymey" (also "maymay") is a term mocking the mainstreaming/watering down of "memes" and the slipping standards for what qualifies as a "meme", based on phonetic spelling of an alleged mispronunciation.

Anyway, the overall message of the post is a) Redditors are obsessed with being heard and getting fake karma points by circlejerking above having any meaningful discussions, and b) in the site's role as a "content aggregator" users find memes from places like 4chan and water them down to have broader appeal in their quest for popularity.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78888 on: June 12, 2015, 07:36:39 pm »

yeah basically the trick to using reddit is to avoid 99% of the site

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78889 on: June 12, 2015, 07:38:50 pm »

ugh
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 08:08:54 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78890 on: June 12, 2015, 07:48:19 pm »

Chill, man. I get that you're pissed, but that kind of shit-talking will only bite you in the ass.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78891 on: June 12, 2015, 07:52:57 pm »

Snip
Let's all calm down, shall we?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 07:58:09 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78892 on: June 12, 2015, 07:54:36 pm »

Let's not start a big argument here, it already seems like it's getting to the point where the thread might have to get locked for a bit.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78893 on: June 12, 2015, 07:56:41 pm »

That seems like a smart idea. Let me change that post to something less argumentative.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78894 on: June 12, 2015, 07:59:44 pm »

Let us regain our chill composure.

Pretty sure thats in a sig somewhere around here, not sure who has it. Relevant though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78895 on: June 12, 2015, 08:00:10 pm »

I do hope Cinder isn't banned, but he should probably take a break from the forum's for a little while at least.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #78896 on: June 12, 2015, 08:13:46 pm »

For a hazy moment I thought it was in the ghost of the rage thread. Maximum honesty, the thread slayer.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78897 on: June 13, 2015, 12:37:33 am »

Make sure to download Skyrim Unbound, it completely removes the pointless and boring prison-wagon ride (and the Helgen sequence) from the beginning of the game.

That stupid wagon ride was by far the single biggest flaw of the game. (The portion of the Helgen scene after you gain full control of your character is actually semi-worthwhile, but if losing it is the price to pay to remove the wagon scene it is still a massive gain in terms of game quality)

EDIT:
This goes double for people who have never played the game before. Best not to ever encounter that scene at all. It's completely worthless like the tram ride at the beginning of Half-Life

Except the tram ride was made exclusivly to show off yhe fancy new game engine that valve had JUST made. They could load it up for future investors and say "this is what vavle the company can do. It wasnt so necessary for skyrim.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #78898 on: June 13, 2015, 12:41:11 am »

The wagon ride intro scene was kinda neat from a story perspective. It's easy to circumvent it after the first time through simply by making a savegame afterwards.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #78899 on: June 13, 2015, 12:46:00 am »

Except the tram ride was made exclusivly to show off yhe fancy new game engine that valve had JUST made. They could load it up for future investors and say "this is what vavle the company can do. It wasnt so necessary for skyrim

I'm sure you mean Bethesda.

Also, Live Another Life mod for Skyrim is flavorful way to skip Helgen.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 5258 5259 [5260] 5261 5262 ... 11037