Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5094 5095 [5096] 5097 5098 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14505469 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76425 on: May 15, 2015, 11:23:49 pm »

I need to make this into a real setting... >_<

I've been having a hard time coming up with a Pathfinder setting to run... and I am tired of not getting it done. So I am just going through the steps.

As much as DF's stuff is nice, it lacks a certain level of transparency I need.

I was being serious here.  A combination of DF and Bryce 3D can produce a REALLY kick ass 3D map presentation.

Bryce has the ability to generate a terrain object from a greyscale heightmap, which DF is able to readily provide.  Add water layer, some cloud layers, sprinkle vegitation around, move the camera, and get your rendering.

Seriously, you can make some boss shit with that.

This isn't from bryce, but it IS created quickly from a directly used DF heightmap.
Spoiler: Squee (click to show/hide)

For real, DF can give you some very high quality source materials to make VERY good maps with.  A little bit of softening and use of the "levels" threshold tools in GIMP or photoshop on the heightmap file, and you can make it VERY detailed, and without any of the steep falloffs in the water zone.  I mean REALLY high quality maps can be made from the data DF provides.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:35:11 pm by wierd »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #76426 on: May 15, 2015, 11:45:25 pm »

Df makes some great base data definitely, but it all ends up looking like so much intersection of various noise fields. Which is exactly what it is. Maps often feel like they lack distinct geography.

You can definitely take what DF spits out and modify it to make something astounding, I agree, and sometimes it spits out something really good on its own, but purely by chance.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #76427 on: May 16, 2015, 02:07:15 am »

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:10:40 am by alway »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76428 on: May 16, 2015, 04:06:09 am »

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76429 on: May 16, 2015, 06:04:01 am »

I keep finding all these similarities between DW and Touhou characters. It keeps weirding me out.
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #76430 on: May 16, 2015, 06:10:57 am »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/may/14/china-van-carrying-50-people-video
Expert level clowncar-ing. 1 van containing 50 people.
FTFY

they even had funny hats :V
The only way to improve this is to have the van carry 6 billion demons.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76431 on: May 16, 2015, 07:34:54 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76432 on: May 16, 2015, 07:39:50 am »

I need to make this into a real setting... >_<

I've been having a hard time coming up with a Pathfinder setting to run... and I am tired of not getting it done. So I am just going through the steps.

As much as DF's stuff is nice, it lacks a certain level of transparency I need.

I was being serious here.  A combination of DF and Bryce 3D can produce a REALLY kick ass 3D map presentation.

Bryce has the ability to generate a terrain object from a greyscale heightmap, which DF is able to readily provide.  Add water layer, some cloud layers, sprinkle vegitation around, move the camera, and get your rendering.

Seriously, you can make some boss shit with that.

This isn't from bryce, but it IS created quickly from a directly used DF heightmap.
*Edited Out, He showed pictures here*

For real, DF can give you some very high quality source materials to make VERY good maps with.  A little bit of softening and use of the "levels" threshold tools in GIMP or photoshop on the heightmap file, and you can make it VERY detailed, and without any of the steep falloffs in the water zone.  I mean REALLY high quality maps can be made from the data DF provides.

I don't think anything will help anyway. Dwarf Fortress always makes single continents anyhow and feels small in the grand scheme of things (but that is to be expected... Dwarf Fortress even in large worlds is considered to be either the size of New York or Britain).

Besides I think I'll drop the project, it takes hours of work and I don't think anyone is impressed... which means players won't be impressed... Which means I won't get anyone wanting to join a prospective game.

So now I have to scrap the entire thing and come up with a new setting and world.......................

And people say being a DM is easy :P

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #76433 on: May 16, 2015, 07:41:12 am »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:10:52 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76434 on: May 16, 2015, 07:47:10 am »

Who says that? Those people are terrible.

Someone who hasn't DMed before.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76435 on: May 16, 2015, 08:02:25 am »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/may/14/china-van-carrying-50-people-video
Expert level clowncar-ing. 1 van containing 50 people.
FTFY

they even had funny hats :V
The only way to improve this is to have the van carry 6 billion demons.
K6BD reference! Hurrah!
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #76436 on: May 16, 2015, 10:11:36 am »

What the fuck?

Well, I made it through the whole thing. It never gets any less painful. For some strange reason the Henderson's Castration device was an easier watch than this. I love h3h3's reaction: "this video is why terrorism exists."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76437 on: May 16, 2015, 10:14:40 am »

... I have no intention of actually watching that, but I will say the creators' nom de guerre are amazing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76438 on: May 16, 2015, 10:17:44 am »

What the fuck?

Well, I made it through the whole thing. It never gets any less painful. For some strange reason the Henderson's Castration device was an easier watch than this. I love h3h3's reaction: "this video is why terrorism exists."

basically the answer to the question of why nobody should breed anymore

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 5094 5095 [5096] 5097 5098 ... 11037