Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5050 5051 [5052] 5053 5054 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517646 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75765 on: May 05, 2015, 11:07:48 pm »

P... please, sir. No milking the world-destroying tentacle beast ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #75766 on: May 05, 2015, 11:10:59 pm »

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Vanilla Plan'ifolia wgah'nagl fhtagn. Ďa! Ďa! Vanilla fhtagn!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75767 on: May 05, 2015, 11:15:22 pm »

Also no invoking the ancient spirits of evil for their smooth white emissions. that would make like the worst thundercats fanfic aaaahhhhh
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75768 on: May 06, 2015, 12:07:03 am »

Thundercats meets Dwarf Fortress? Summoning evil spirits to harvest their emissions as an endless food supply...

And mince biscuits, of course.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #75769 on: May 06, 2015, 05:28:31 am »

I think I found a rhythm to my classes.

Math & science days: 'The world is organized according to rules and principles that are infinitely complex and yet so incredibly simple, clearly there must be a purpose and meaning to existence! Human ingenuity will triumph over all obstacles!'

Writing days: 'Humans are disgusting, we only exist to cause eachother's misery, life is pain and then you die, God is a sadist, I hate this species, extinction cannot come soon enough.'

I know that we read messed-up stuff in writing class because pushing our buttons is the most effective way to challenge us and make students into well-rounded individuals. Doesn't mean that I have to like bitter medicine :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75770 on: May 06, 2015, 05:42:08 am »

I know that we read messed-up stuff in writing class because pushing our buttons is the most effective way to challenge us and make students into well-ruined individuals.
FTFY.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75771 on: May 06, 2015, 06:59:48 am »

So I've been looking around the Interwebz for a Biotech internship in London and right there, on a random page of a random job offer site, I see a job offer for a Chief Scientific Adviser for the entirety of UK intelligence services. Just like that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #75772 on: May 06, 2015, 07:07:50 am »

I think the cabal communicates via random job offer sites.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #75773 on: May 06, 2015, 07:13:04 am »

How else are they going to get anyone to apply for that position? Stalk random scientists and leave an unlabelled envelope on their desk?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #75774 on: May 06, 2015, 07:17:35 am »

It works for the Dark Brotherhood.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75775 on: May 06, 2015, 07:20:17 am »

It works for the Dark Brotherhood.
Do you even assassin? You *clearly* need to science an innocent, unsuspecting project, whether with or without the complicity of underaged orphans is unknown, before they visit you.

Also, it gets better - a couple pages later I found a page openly recruiting people for an intelligence recruitment and training program. In Life Science offers, so I'm assuming MI5 deals in life science by way of removing the former part of the equation.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75776 on: May 06, 2015, 07:51:19 am »

I know that we read messed-up stuff in writing class because pushing our buttons is the most effective way to challenge us and make students into well-ruined individuals.
FTFY.

Naw it is probably because right now black and grey is in and we need to add yet another black and bleak writer to the masses of drooling morons who somehow believe that this sort of excessive blanket of darkness somehow more accurately reflects the world we live in then say... Someone who can walk three steps without being a despicable person.

Ehh it is just the current trend anyhow.

Though I am kind of tired of the only thing able to scratch that itch is either foreign television or cartoons.

It is like the idea of anyone being good... is considered childish.

I don't know... my dislike of "Black and Grey" comes only from Law Dramas where the current "Black and Grey Trend" made the characters go from people who were interested in the safety of others but believed in the law... Into characters who basically break every law possible and trick the criminals unlawfully because justice is broken and clearly their justice is superior.

I guess what really makes it bug me... Is that it is used as an excuse for things like torture.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:03:15 am by Neonivek »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75777 on: May 06, 2015, 08:06:50 am »

FTFY.

Naw it is probably because right now black and grey is in and we need to add yet another black and bleak writer to the masses of drooling morons who somehow believe that this sort of excessive blanket of darkness somehow more accurately reflects the world we live in then say... Someone who can walk three steps without being a despicable person.

Ehh it is just the current trend anyhow.

Though I am kind of tired of the only thing able to scratch that itch is either foreign television or cartoons.

It is like the idea of anyone being good... is considered childish.

I don't know... my dislike of "Black and Grey" comes only from Law Dramas where the current "Black and Grey Trend" made the characters go from people who were interested in the safety of others but believed in the law... Into characters who basically break every law possible and trick the criminals unlawfully because justice is broken and clearly their justice is superior.
+100 yes to this. I've yet to find a recent-ish made video game or a book which would've had a genuine good and not-stupid character. These "black and gray" people always say that "this is soooo not-banal, compared to a typical black and white stuff", except that they've as far as I can see expunged the "black and white" people from their forms of art. It's ridiculous.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75778 on: May 06, 2015, 08:23:14 am »

My favorite type of fiction though isn't even Black and White

It is Grey and White

The thing about "grey" fiction is that it lacks boundaries. Any good you do is undone and any evil you do is unnoticeable in this terrible world. It is why most people write "Black and Grey" when they write "grey" fiction.

Law and Order: SVU is Black and Grey.

It definitely isn't Grey.

Grey writing lacks heroes and villains who are actually people. The real villains are society and any change for the position is long, hard, and likely not even worth it.

1984 for example could be considered Grey Writing.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:29:23 am by Neonivek »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #75779 on: May 06, 2015, 08:29:55 am »

+100 yes to this. I've yet to find a recent-ish made video game or a book which would've had a genuine good and not-stupid character. These "black and gray" people always say that "this is soooo not-banal, compared to a typical black and white stuff", except that they've as far as I can see expunged the "black and white" people from their forms of art. It's ridiculous.

It's not a fiction writing class, it's research writing. You can only be against something if you know that it's happening, and I only know that some of these things are happening because I had to read about them for class.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 5050 5051 [5052] 5053 5054 ... 11037