Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4957 4958 [4959] 4960 4961 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14509134 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74370 on: April 17, 2015, 08:32:52 pm »

Why are they always the one pointed out as bad then?

Because people are incredibly bad at risk management and threat assessment

Don't forget the brown recluses, though! Something something flesh eating something. At least the widows mostly just kill you.

But yeah, black widows aren't a guaranteed kill or anything like that, just a potential one. Which is plenty to freak folks out, heh.

More people in the US are killed per year by cows (~20) then by ALL spiders combined (~6), and most of the spider deaths are either very young children or people who are allergic to the spider bite.

Really, a healthy adult is not going to die from a black widow bite. If you go to the emergency room and aren't showing an allergic reaction they probably won't even bother giving you anti-venom.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74371 on: April 17, 2015, 08:34:30 pm »

I continue to ask questions with obvious-sounding answers after they've been said. >.>

Today has not been the best for me in that way.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #74372 on: April 17, 2015, 08:57:55 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:23:31 am by penguinofhonor »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74373 on: April 17, 2015, 09:16:40 pm »

More people in the US are killed per year by cows (~20) then by ALL spiders combined (~6)...
Don't mess with cows man.
I spent about 1/4th of the first 9 years of my life on my grandparents cattle farm (spent the weekends there).

Cows are scary.  Even the regular cows, not just the bulls.  When I was playing fort out in the pasture with my friends the cows would just surround our treefort if we didn't keep a heads up.  They would just sit there, eating grass and looking at us.  We couldn't leave, they weren't scared of us.  And they were too big for us to risk trying to go through.  We would just have to wait til they all moved on, or until grandma came looking for us.   I had a nightmare once where we were playing with the claypit by the stream and the cows just ran us over and ate us up like the grass without giving a single fuck.  I will happily eat a hamburger but I'm not coming within 20 feet of a living cow.

Those eyes....those souless eyes....
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74374 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:14 pm »

I talked to my grandma today on the phone. She said she was afraid my brother was going to join ISIS or something.
A few days ago my dad decided that he needed to teach me how to use a gun to "defend Christianity" against ISIS. Despite repeatedly being told that neither of us have a firearms license, that ISIS is literally on the other side of the world, and that I am morally opposed to shooting people... nope, he's still convinced that the terrorists are coming and it's up to me to fight them. He hasn't brought it up since.

Other strange things he's done include spending almost a minute motioning with his hands saying "here, have some bonds" as an attempt to explain why the US economy is so big.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:37:55 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74375 on: April 17, 2015, 09:42:49 pm »

I wish my dad would teach me to use a gun. :(
Jealous. Who cares if the reasoning behind the offer makes sense, you should jump at the chance!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74376 on: April 17, 2015, 09:44:44 pm »

I think you missed the part where NZ actually has gun control laws. Also, I don't really want to. Crossbows are where it's at, dude.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74377 on: April 17, 2015, 09:45:45 pm »

I think you missed the part where NZ actually has gun control laws.
What does that have to do with the price of onions?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74378 on: April 17, 2015, 09:46:26 pm »

I guess an onion-gun would be more efficient, but it lacks the satisfying "thunk".

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74379 on: April 17, 2015, 09:47:33 pm »

Does he even know how to properly handle a gun?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74380 on: April 17, 2015, 09:53:35 pm »

By the sound of things the guy doesn't even have one. There are lifelong gun nuts in the U.S. who still don't understand the words "trigger discipline," so the answer is probably no.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74381 on: April 17, 2015, 09:57:23 pm »

Yeah, he doesn't own a gun. It's illegal in NZ unless you have a firearms license.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74382 on: April 17, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »

I guess an onion-gun would be more efficient, but it lacks the satisfying "thunk".
To be fair, potato cannons and whatnot (which is likely what you'd use for an onion gun) quite possibly are legal in your area. I don't think they actually count as guns. Kinda' like siege weaponry falls under different laws. Is places you can't own rifle but can build and operate trebuchet. Mostly because no one actually does it and so there just aren't laws against it :V

Also, from what I recall, the mechanics behind potato guns means there actually is a satisfying "thunk", just when it's fired instead of when it hits. When it hits, too, really -- high velocity potato has some serious oomph behind it. Maybe more of a thump, but they both fall under the purview of delicious impact, methinks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74383 on: April 17, 2015, 10:15:32 pm »

I can just imagine a revolution now.  The rebels armed with spudguns and trebs, walking around in bodyarmor made of phonebooks and ceramic bathroom tile wrapped in old rags.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74384 on: April 17, 2015, 10:30:36 pm »

No rage thread, so it goes here. RIP New Battlefront, we didn't even know ye.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 4957 4958 [4959] 4960 4961 ... 11037