Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4848 4849 [4850] 4851 4852 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454275 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72735 on: March 25, 2015, 04:27:47 pm »

So they got rid of Jeremy Clarkson. Apparently he got into a fight with a Top Gear producer. He was pretty alright as I recall, but I haven't watched the show in almost 4 years.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #72736 on: March 25, 2015, 04:37:53 pm »

My dog decided that my duvet was absolutely delicious for some reason.
That was a bit weird.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72737 on: March 25, 2015, 04:40:28 pm »

So they got rid of Jeremy Clarkson. Apparently he got into a fight with a Top Gear producer. He was pretty alright as I recall, but I haven't watched the show in almost 4 years.
Well, given the situation, it's not that surprising. He got back after an entire day of shooting, ordered a steak, but the hotel restaurant was closed and offered him some cold sandwiches, the producers said they were way too far from delivery range of any takeaway and Clarkson flew off the handle, hurled ethnic slurs at the (Irish) producer and punched him in the face.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72738 on: March 25, 2015, 04:43:56 pm »

When someone threatens to kill you, the right reaction is to offer them gifts and confess your undying love for them. Thank you for this valuable lesson -- I'll always keep it in mind.
Well it can't make it worse. Might even put them off.
I'm fairly certain that that was precisely J. C.'s original idea: Drive the bullies away with relentless love-bombing. It could work, in theory -- I'm sure there are historical precedents... ???     

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #72739 on: March 25, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »

Of course you have to consider the alternative, what if one of the horrible people sees through your ploy and says yes? Then you've managed to stick yourself with a horrible person and you have to take the "bad guy" role on yourself to get rid of them. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72740 on: March 25, 2015, 04:50:46 pm »

*Imagines Jesus hanging out with Pilate* :D

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #72741 on: March 25, 2015, 04:51:36 pm »

Of course you have to consider the alternative, what if one of the horrible people sees through your ploy and says yes? Then you've managed to stick yourself with a horrible person and you have to take the "bad guy" role on yourself to get rid of them. :P
Who knows. Maybe it could blossom into something unexpected.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72742 on: March 25, 2015, 04:58:54 pm »

Have you read "The Master and Margarita"? It has that, and more!
._.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72743 on: March 25, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »

Aw man now where am I going to get my weekly fill of middle-aged men doing pants-on-head stupid shenanigans?

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72744 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:06 pm »

Have you read "The Master and Margarita"? It has that, and more!
I have, several times. That's why the image popped into my mind.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72745 on: March 25, 2015, 05:11:59 pm »

I've got a horrible addiction. I've caught myself several times now reading Indy!Harry fanfics solely for the purpose of counting the clichés. Send help.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #72746 on: March 25, 2015, 05:13:27 pm »

Cliche #1: Dumbledore is a manipulative evil bastard.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72747 on: March 25, 2015, 05:15:12 pm »

That's basically a requirement when your job is to manage great hordes of children and teenagers.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #72748 on: March 25, 2015, 05:16:15 pm »

I wouldn't exactly call around 300 children a horde.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72749 on: March 25, 2015, 05:17:23 pm »

Too broad. You've got to break it down into subsections re: preventing Harry from a) accessing his (natch) vast family fortune, b) emancipating himself, c) becoming friends with purebloods who aren't Weasleys, d) not being in an actively abusive household, e) learning 'proper' magic, et-fuckin'-cetera.

I came across a real doozy today, though. Some schmuck was so eager to pile on the stuff that he decided to have a goblin fill in for the helpful wand-waving shopkeeper who is the traditional purveyor of "here, let me make your magic trunk of holding superlight and shrinkable/enlargeable on demand". Now I want a story where the goblins manage to figure out how to use human magic and completely knock the canon plot off the rails with another one of their rebellions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 4848 4849 [4850] 4851 4852 ... 11040