Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4808 4809 [4810] 4811 4812 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443454 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72135 on: March 16, 2015, 05:05:03 pm »

(obesity isn't unhealthy!),
Obesity is unhealthy, but not everyone who isn't skinny is obese. The problem is society's views on weight and how anyone who is bigger than a size 2 needs to slim down so they can be attractive.

That's just my take on it anyway.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72136 on: March 16, 2015, 05:10:52 pm »

Yeah, but when the US's obesity rate is one in three, you know that's missing the point.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72137 on: March 16, 2015, 05:13:05 pm »

Sounds like someone needs to be introduced to the gaining community (some of that probably NSFW, I haven't checked though). They deliberately try to get as fat as possible and actively deny any claims that it's bad for you.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72138 on: March 16, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »

What makes it honestly hard to even mildly dislike the gaining community is mostly because well...

People are incredibly unfair, hurtful, disrespectful, mean, malicious, and overall derogative to people who are fat... and they are often seen as icky, unattractive, or stupid... They are seen as acceptable targets of scorn and jokes and that anything you say about them is "true".

While the current popular aesthetics is thin, often painfully so, and as young as possible.

It makes the "Gaining community" a lot less crazy then just everyday people.

---

There are reasons why I think "accepting you are fat" is a thousand times a greater ending to a plot then "I am going on a diet because being fat is terrible!".

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72139 on: March 16, 2015, 05:20:11 pm »

It makes the "Gaining community" a lot less crazy then just everyday people.
wot
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72140 on: March 16, 2015, 05:21:51 pm »

There are reasons why I think "accepting you are fat" is a thousand times a greater ending to a plot then "I am going on a diet because being fat is terrible!".

Saying being unhealthy is actually healthy is not in the slightest bit better than realising you have a problem and attempting to fix it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72141 on: March 16, 2015, 05:23:27 pm »

Saying being unhealthy is actually healthy is not in the slightest bit better than realising you have a problem and attempting to fix it.

And constantly harassing people for being overweight constantly non-stop saying they are terrible people for being fat, that they are icky, and that they are stupid... is far FAR worse and constant.

As I said, they are just a BIT less crazy then the average everyday person is. The gaining community aren't going to come up to you and harass you unlike say, an everyday ordinary person would :P, They aren't the PETA of Fat.

Not that there isn't a way to be fat and healthy (it is a very controlled diet)... but that isn't what the gaining community is talking about.

It is all about perspective.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:26:15 pm by Neonivek »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72142 on: March 16, 2015, 05:28:05 pm »

Thing is, there is a substantial gap between "thin" and "unhealthily obese" which usually gets lumped in with the latter category. Although eating a lot for the end goal of getting fat, as opposed to it being a byproduct of nomming, seems pretty silly. And yeah, being a douche to people = ungood.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72143 on: March 16, 2015, 05:28:46 pm »

You've got an interesting view of who the "average everyday person" is there, Neo.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72144 on: March 16, 2015, 05:30:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am starting to see what Feminists see when guys say they don't see sexism xD
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:34:02 pm by Neonivek »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #72145 on: March 16, 2015, 05:34:46 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:33:23 pm by penguinofhonor »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72146 on: March 16, 2015, 05:35:09 pm »

What do fat kids like Graknorke?

Hey Graknorke, what celebrity is too fat?

What was that Graknorke? you don't like what person because they are fat?

Hey Graknorke remember that TV show we saw last night with all those fat dumb ugly people and the thin hot smart people?

Ok class, and now you know if you don't exercise everyday you will get FAT the worst possible thing that could happen to you!
I'm not sure who you're trying to build a strawman of here, but it's not an effigy of anyone/thing that I recognise.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72147 on: March 16, 2015, 05:37:05 pm »

I'm not sure who you're trying to build a strawman of here, but it's not an effigy of anyone/thing that I recognise

Naw I am just pointing attention to things most people would recognize in their everyday life. The thing is that it is so ingrained in our culture I am not surprised most people can't really see it anyhow.

But I'll stop ranting anyhow.

Suffice it to say the Gaining community is delusional. It is one thing to find fat fetching, but it is another to say that fat is healthy. It would be no different from saying that anorexia is good for your health.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72148 on: March 16, 2015, 05:37:17 pm »

There's a really beautiful double-standard here, though. Why is obesity and related behavior (overeating, choosing unhealthful food, eating more than your metabolism needs/can handle) something which is perfectly normal and out of an individual's hands while nicotine addiction, drug use from mild and largely non-addictive stuff to hard drugs, alcohol consumption, &c. are terrible things that make people evil by association?

Because, y'know, I've got a fucking great metabolism. I can eat whatever I want without gaining an ounce. But I don't, because it's really bad for the body and will still kill you down the line even if there aren't visible signs. If you get fat easily, that's just one more incentive to have some goddamn self control. Society comes down on chronic alcoholics, smoking addicts, drug addicts, &c. for choosing to destroy their bodies, so why not overeating? It's certainly easier or as easy to break free of than any of the others, considering that it's just habitual rather than a chemical addiction.

Or to put it another way, how would you feel if alcoholics started campaigning in the same way, insisting that they aren't hurting themselves and encouraging other people to drink themselves shitfaced as often as possible, to never drink water or milk or juice when booze is available?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #72149 on: March 16, 2015, 05:40:07 pm »

Obesity itself isn't a problem. If it was - if it was that simple - there would be no problem because obesity can be cured in one afternoon with liposuction.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:41:49 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 4808 4809 [4810] 4811 4812 ... 11040