Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4581 4582 [4583] 4584 4585 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441538 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68730 on: February 01, 2015, 02:25:50 am »

It says a lot about bay12 that we're concerned about building a computer properly during an apocalypse scenario.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68731 on: February 01, 2015, 02:26:45 am »

How else do we rebuild civilisation the forum?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68732 on: February 01, 2015, 03:11:33 am »

So, I'm using the weekend to catch up on reading some fanfics. A few are old mass effect and halo ones, but mostly they are Worm fanfics.  I finally find some relatively lighthearted ones, and I'm switching between the four of them, reading a chapter from one and then a chapter from another.  All of a sudden, in one of them, an Endbringer attacks.  Several important characters die, and things turn to shit like they always do in Worm.   Then, once I get past all the cliffhangers in that fight, I move to the next story. An Endbringer has been attacking, but the main character has been fighting it off with a giant mecha.  Everything is going well, and then suddenly everything goes to shit and the main character dies.  Hoping that this next one turns out better, I start reading.  Nope, Slaughterhouse Nine starts torturing one of the characters rather graphically.
So I move on to the fourth one. One of the main characters calls the rest of her team to check in on them, apparently a friend of theirs answers, she talks about how they are watching a show, all the children members of the team are there, and everything appears to be going fine, and I'm not really paying attention because I start to skim over that sort of thing, but the whole time I'm waiting for something to happen. And then, suddenly, this line comes up- “Ooh, Sirkalla! That’s a pretty name! I’m Riley!” 
There is no such thing as a Worm fic that is happy.  There is no god, only grimdark. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #68733 on: February 01, 2015, 03:14:00 am »

Try Synesthesia by Xomniac
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68734 on: February 01, 2015, 11:55:40 am »

I opened up my spam email account today to get my hands on a Minecraft account reset, because I took the "random nonsense" approach to my security questions.

It appears that among the spam college advertisements and email notifications of PMs on the forum, I have gotten some advertisements for relationships with "Russian women" with suspiciously Western-sounding names, an email from the "English Bank" about how a Mr. Chan Tak Kin needs my money, and a few people claiming to have randomly sent me a few thousand dollars out of "the good of their hearts" or because "the Bible told them to."

Ah, spam email, you never get old.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68735 on: February 01, 2015, 12:03:38 pm »

My sister's boyfriend tried upgrading the RAM in his computer.

He bought the wrong card for his computer.

He tried cutting it to make it fit.

Did it work? *runs away*

Maybe he needs to just download some more RAM instead.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #68736 on: February 01, 2015, 12:04:24 pm »

"the Bible told them to."

Ah, spam email, you never get old.

B-but... Tawa, it did tell me to send it to you! You didn't delete my e-mail did you?!

:P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68737 on: February 01, 2015, 12:22:32 pm »

Alright, so I was playing Space Empires V (it's a space 4X), peacefully expanding my empire before raising an army and conquering the known universe (It's a 4X game, after all, and conquest is the more satisfying path. Diplomatic victory ? Bah).

So I had an issue about population. Namely, my people were hydrogen-breathers and I had allied with the Phong, carbon dioxide-breathers. We had treaties of free passage of population, so I had two populations on some of my planets. And they also had some of my people who went in their planets.

In the game, if a race inhabits a planet and the planet's atmosphere is unbreathable, then the planet must be domed and therefore less space is usable for planet facilities.

So the problem was that, there were some of my race on carbon dioxide worlds and probably some Phong on hydrogen worlds, so I was about to move the respective populations to atmospheres they can breathe. (Yeah, population segregation, but hey... it's better to live on a planet that you can breathe the air instead of living under domes).

So I started building population transports, and I activated the population and population transport ministers. (Means, AI will help with some parts of my space empire). I go to the next turn, thinking jokingly "what's the population minister gonna do ? Kill all the populations that don't breathe the right atmosphere ?".

Then next turn I see a large amount of cargo scrapped on some planets. They return organics to my treasury.

Then I realize what the cargo is, and what are the "organics".

Holy batman purification cannibal jihad of doom !

I mean, what the fuck, computer. You sure solved my problem but damn you didn't need to slaughter around 350 million of my people and a good 50 million of Phong to solve it. I'm a conqueror, not a bloody nazi !

Not to mention the butchering them and using them as resources. Now my ships will probably have the occasional skull, heart or intestine in them. (No, they are not organic ships)

Not to mention the perfectly coexisting populations beforehand.

Now what do I do ? I suppose realistically my empire should fragment into two and civil-war itself into oblivion, with losing my Phong treaty and the other empires waging war out of disgust, but that would be a waste of playing hours of a game that looked good.

Not to mention that the game considers population as a cargo and is continuing it's merry way, don't care.

Well, I suppose I can cancel the building of population transports now. And cancel both the free movement of populations AND my "population minister".

Yes please.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68738 on: February 01, 2015, 12:38:43 pm »

'Cancel' him? I'd be more aligned to grind him into dust like he did the others.

...What? I gas ants. Of course I'm a nazi.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #68739 on: February 01, 2015, 12:45:31 pm »

Wait, wait. The AI did an action with dire consequences for you without asking you? And that action was genocide? You might want to exorcise your computer of any nazi spirits haunting it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68740 on: February 01, 2015, 12:53:50 pm »

'Cancel' him? I'd be more aligned to grind him into dust like he did the others.

...What? I gas ants. Of course I'm a nazi.

Oh, it's just a program in the game activated by a button. It's not even a character in-universe.

At least I don't think it is. Because if it is... well... damn it, where is my violent kind of imagination when I need it ?

Wait, wait. The AI did an action with dire consequences for you without asking you? And that action was genocide? You might want to exorcise your computer of any nazi spirits haunting it.

Oh, it wasn't exactly dire. It did weaken my empire for sure, but at the same time now I have more space to build in my planets.

It is still disturbing, though.

Also, my computer isn't giving me subliminal imaging of swatiskas, so I assume it is not a nazi.

Nor would it have any reason to. I mean, politically I'm a Machiavellian. Racial purification, racial hate ? Not only very evil but more importantly very stupid move politically.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #68741 on: February 01, 2015, 02:39:06 pm »

I may or may not be being sponsored skinny jeans for a performance. What has my life become?!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68742 on: February 01, 2015, 02:40:53 pm »

... your life has apparently become a burlesque.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68743 on: February 01, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »

Apparently today is the Superbowl or somesuch? Huh. I learned this like ten minutes ago from Bay12.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68744 on: February 01, 2015, 08:34:53 pm »

Apparently today is the Superbowl or somesuch? Huh. I learned this like ten minutes ago from Bay12.

Yeah, they did a piss poor job of advertising it this year.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 4581 4582 [4583] 4584 4585 ... 11040