Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4527 4528 [4529] 4530 4531 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14438404 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #67920 on: January 20, 2015, 10:02:57 am »

My cat took a stab at eating a chip the other day. He didn't finish it but he ate half of it. I don't know what potato cuboids deep fried in fat must taste like to a cat.
... most cats I've had will pretty happily eat potato chips. Also the other potato chips. You'd think an obligate carnivore wouldn't be terribly interested in a spud, but apparently if you put enough salt on something a cat will eat it.

It's kinda' fun watching a cat eat a jalapeņo flavored one. It takes 'em a while, and there's a fair amount of running away and coming back >_>
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:04:52 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67921 on: January 20, 2015, 10:45:32 am »

People arguing that a word for a certain contraption means something else than intended by its creator and using that "something else" definition to "prove" that it's completely useless.
._.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67922 on: January 20, 2015, 10:49:55 am »

My cat will jump onto the counter and steal whole steaks and chicken (breasts?) then hide under a table and eat the whole thing. If you get too close he growls and hisses at you.
Though he has no claws so it's pretty easy to pull him away, cut off the hits he was eating and do whatever we do with those huge chunks of meat.

My dog did this with a whole side of roast beef that was on the counter. Went to make a sandwich, was confused. Later found the tinfoil under the fridge somehow.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67923 on: January 20, 2015, 11:00:13 am »

My dog can take cups and glasses off the table somehow, without disturbing their contents. Every so often I'll find a cup that had previously been sitting on the coffee table with some liquid in the bottom sitting upright in the middle of the floor and completely empty. This morning he grabbed a mostly empty cup of coffee off the table and drank it all down when I was walking the other one and everyone else was asleep. He's sneaky though, I've never seen him do it and neither has anyone else. I'd set up a video camera, but I sold it years ago.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:03:05 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67924 on: January 20, 2015, 11:07:55 am »

I got a job offer from Rotterdam, Germany today. I'm woefully underqualified, I don't have a passport, and I speak about as well in German as your average toddler. I had to turn it down.

100k Euro/year looked really damn nice, though. ;_;7

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67925 on: January 20, 2015, 11:09:49 am »

But . . . Germany is probably in my top 5 places I would consider moving to.  :|
  Shame.  The money looked cool though.  You live here in America, yea?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #67926 on: January 20, 2015, 11:10:11 am »

I got a job offer from Rotterdam, Germany today. I'm woefully underqualified, I don't have a passport, and I speak about as well in German as your average toddler. I had to turn it down.

100k Euro/year looked really damn nice, though. ;_;7

I'm fairly sure, and Google seems to concur, that Rotterdam is in the Netherlands. And there isn't one in Germany either.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67927 on: January 20, 2015, 11:13:22 am »

Wow, I fucked that one up. Going back to look on it, this one was in Bremen. Wow, I feel like an idiot. I get job offers from all over the world all the time that I'm super underqualified for (I usually just laugh them off because there's no way I'm getting them,) and a large quantity of them are international, and I'm easy to confuse, so...

This one was just notable because of the pay involved.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67928 on: January 20, 2015, 11:15:53 am »

Wait, so you got an unsolicited job offer from a foreign company offering an enormous sum of money for a job you aren't qualified for? They seem like a perfectly legitimate group of people...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:17:29 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67929 on: January 20, 2015, 11:25:56 am »

Wow, I fucked that one up. Going back to look on it, this one was in Bremen. Wow, I feel like an idiot. I get job offers from all over the world all the time that I'm super underqualified for (I usually just laugh them off because there's no way I'm getting them,) and a large quantity of them are international, and I'm easy to confuse, so...
Bremen isn't that great anyway. But why don't you apply for those jobs, just to see what happens?

(And where do you get these offers from anyway?)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67930 on: January 20, 2015, 11:26:06 am »

That happens all the time in the tech field, though. Hell, it happens with legit companies in the states. I've had offers from Microsoft, Epic Systems, Google and Amazon. The recruiters just blanket all of the job board websites and hit everyone who has the word "computer" or something on their resume.

Bremen isn't that great anyway. But why don't you apply for those jobs, just to see what happens?

(And where do you get these offers from anyway?)
I've applied to a handful of them, gotten my hopes up, and been absolutely crushed when I get turned down due to being underqualified. Now I just kind of laugh them off. Monster is where most of them come from, although I've gotten more than a few nibbles from CareerBuilder and Dice, too. The damn army is constantly beating down my email from CareerBuilder, even though they won't take me in any capacity.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:28:50 am by MaximumZero »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67931 on: January 20, 2015, 11:35:19 am »

Well, Max was a boxer, correct?

Max confirmed for hitman
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #67932 on: January 20, 2015, 11:46:09 am »

Better. Mixed martial arts cagefighter.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67933 on: January 20, 2015, 12:55:10 pm »

Indeedy. Kickboxer, Muay Thai fighter, MMA cagefighter, tournament savant, and all around "karate bum," (despite never doing karate). Had to "retire" due to injuries, although that just means I can't train anymore because it hurts too much.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #67934 on: January 20, 2015, 01:11:48 pm »

Implementing Battleships in Java without using two-dimensional arrays is weird.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 4527 4528 [4529] 4530 4531 ... 11040