Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4370 4371 [4372] 4373 4374 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480606 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65565 on: December 16, 2014, 11:09:33 pm »

I wouldn't risk it.  I'm not saying you will get in any direct trouble, but it could cause some hostile sentiment, and grow into something bad.

Edit: maybe I'm overly cautious, but I wouldn't do it.  I have been very tempted at times, though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:11:53 pm by Ogdibus »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #65566 on: December 16, 2014, 11:20:03 pm »

I don't see any problem with it in this case. The rage thread has rules along those lines, but's that's because raging at other forumgoers comes dangerously close to the guidelines.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65567 on: December 16, 2014, 11:32:36 pm »

Quote from: Orange Wizard
I don't see any problem with it in this case. The rage thread has rules along those lines, but's that's because raging at other forumgoers comes dangerously close to the guidelines.
That just means you get blindsided if the shit hits the fan.  x3

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65568 on: December 17, 2014, 12:01:02 am »

Ask for a cheeseburger with ketchup and mayo. Instead of mayonnaise I get butter.

How?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65569 on: December 17, 2014, 12:03:03 am »

Both are opaque, and offwhite(is)!  At room temperature, both are creamy and easily spreadable...

If they have butter in a great big kitchen squeeze bottle (Say, for brazing/toasting buns), and it is not labeled, I could easily see how the mixup can happen.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65570 on: December 17, 2014, 12:14:54 am »

Didn't look like it came from a squeeze bottle. More like it was scooped out of one of those mini-packets. It was definitely still cold.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #65571 on: December 17, 2014, 12:15:28 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65572 on: December 17, 2014, 12:17:00 am »

Also sometimes messages just get mixed up, forgotten, whatever. I've got a fairly strong preference towards plain sandwiches -- no condiments or veggies, just bread and meat -- but the amount of times people (taking an order at a restaurant or otherwise) mess that up is far from negligible. You'd think "nothing but bread and meat" would be hard to screw up, but apparently not.

Think at least part of it is that cooks or servers or whatever get caught up in the routine or rhythm of doing things a certain way and just... mess up variations or whathaveyou. S'irritating, but eh. So long as there's someone around that'll eat it it's usually not that big of a deal.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65573 on: December 17, 2014, 12:22:20 am »

It goes beyond annoyance when a diabetic person order coffee with artificial sugar and the barista decides that she is a skinny bitch and put real sugar in it to do her "a favor".
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65574 on: December 17, 2014, 12:27:19 am »

sounds like a lawsuit, Objective
 Are you sure I cant assimilate just a little of your stuff :?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65575 on: December 17, 2014, 12:34:15 am »

No contest on that.  That can actually be very dangerous for the diabetic in question, especially if they are type-1. (There really ISNT any insulin! Not the same as insulin resistance type 2, where there IS insulin, it just is not working as it should be)--  Especially when presented in liquid form, along with a metabolic stimulant that accellerates delivery to the bloodstream.  That has "Can maybe cause a coma" written all over it, especially if the diabetic has not taken their insulin jab yet, or is close to the time they would need to take it.

I totally "get" that sugar substitutes simply do not sweeten the same way sugar does. (Most are many times sweeter than sugar, lack the warmth of sugar, lack the mouth-feel of sugar, etc...) and that the barista might be a coffee snob that insists that these things be "Right"-- but that isn't grounds to possibly be imperiling the customer, when they ask for a sugar substitute.  Instead, the barista needs to have a good grasp of how to balance the harshness of the artificial sweetener to get as close an approximation as possible.

prejudices are problems everywhere, and everyone has them. Be it "skinny bitches",  "Turtleneck hipsters", or any other stereotype people have. 

On the flipside of that sordid coin though, I feel it is important not to go TOO far into the PC direction, since prejudices are personality faults that help define who a person is, and what their personality is.  I am against reprogramming people in any form, even when they are biggoted a-holes. They have the right to be biggoted A-holes. What they dont have the right to do is harm other people. It's a delicate line.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65576 on: December 17, 2014, 02:06:45 am »

So that's... What... The third time we've had to call 911 for a medical emergency at the house, in two weeks. People going to the hospital left and right.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #65577 on: December 17, 2014, 03:41:08 am »

sounds like a lawsuit, Objective
Probably not, if it's in NZ, but fines/compensation would be involved following a successful court case.

Quote from: Orange Wizard
That just means you get blindsided if the shit hits the fan.  x3
That would be an idiom.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #65578 on: December 17, 2014, 04:10:08 am »

Ask for a cheeseburger with ketchup and mayo. Instead of mayonnaise I get butter.

How?
Why is there even an option to put butter in the hamburger in the first place??

Wait wait wait, don't tell me... America?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65579 on: December 17, 2014, 04:23:49 am »

Spoiler: huge (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 4370 4371 [4372] 4373 4374 ... 11037