Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4172 4173 [4174] 4175 4176 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440939 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62595 on: November 07, 2014, 09:05:50 pm »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #62596 on: November 07, 2014, 09:14:05 pm »

Life is Bad in Western Countries
* Tawarochir redirects Dutchling to the Laugh Thread.

I'd say it's a tie between these ones:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can't see the one captioned "WWII Victory Celebration in Germany" (image size limits), but they can't seem to even get their facts right.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #62597 on: November 07, 2014, 09:14:29 pm »

Is... is that the Russian Onion?  Or did someone in Russia just go full North Korea?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62598 on: November 07, 2014, 09:27:06 pm »

It's pretty clearly intended to be humor, given the content of the rest of the site. Looks sort of like Russian Cracked, except with more articles about military vehicles and fewer lists.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62599 on: November 07, 2014, 09:46:49 pm »

I am kind of wondering how long it will be until we start to have a sort of different age system.

A sort of opt in age system. So people can say they are any age they want to be.
Like... in games? And whatnot?

Because if so, we already do. It's called "lying".

Hell, I still adjust my age by a few years by habit, despite being well over the age of majority nowadays. No point in giving accurate information unless there's reason to, and there's very rarely reason to online.

No no no. In real life.

Legally changing your age.

Sounds silly, but I say give it 50 years.

It is kind of one thing I somewhat dislike about legal shows that take place far into the future. They often feel like they are just tackling issues of today... except in the future. Rather then it being things that might exist in the future.

For example "Are aliens people too?" which is just... racism... being dealt with... in the future... Or worse "Are cyborgs or mutants human" at which I have no idea what sort of insane craziness would have to pass in order for that to be an issue. We have cyborgs now.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:49:03 pm by Neonivek »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62600 on: November 07, 2014, 09:48:36 pm »

I can say with 84% certainty that that is not actually taken at cape Canaveral.  If it was the woman would be heavier and sitting in a Rascal Scooter.

Everything else about that pic is accurate though, I think it's a fake but a well educated fake.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62601 on: November 07, 2014, 09:55:15 pm »

I am kind of wondering how long it will be until we start to have a sort of different age system.

A sort of opt in age system. So people can say they are any age they want to be.

Hell, I still adjust my age by a few years by habit, despite being well over the age of majority nowadays. No point in giving accurate information unless there's reason to, and there's very rarely reason to online.

No no no. In real life.

Uh.

Are you high or something?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62602 on: November 07, 2014, 10:00:12 pm »

No no no. In real life.

Sounds silly, but I say give it 50 years.

It is kind of one thing I somewhat dislike about legal shows that take place far into the future. They often feel like they are just tackling issues of today... except in the future. Rather then it being things that might exist in the future.

For example "Are aliens people too?" which is just... racism... being dealt with... in the future... Or worse "Are cyborgs or mutants human" at which I have no idea what sort of insane craziness would have to pass in order for that to be an issue. We have cyborgs now.

Considering a significant number of people are still racist assholes today, that one about being xenophobic is depressingly accurate.  If society has troubles dealing with different ethnicities, I can imagine it would be infinitely worse with sentient aliens.  Fear of the Other is always present in our cultures.

But, yes.  I agree with your overall point about changing age, could make quite the interesting story if someone was brave enough to do it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #62603 on: November 07, 2014, 10:05:55 pm »

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/legacy-of-the-void/#multiplayer

I've been waiting for Legacy of the Void forever. So far I'm seeing TONS of zerg buffs compared to what they've done for terran and protoss. This is especially disconcerting given that this is the protoss expansion, and they should be getting some major buffs. Somehow, they have nerfed the protoss immortal by taking away hardened sheild.... ??? I am confused by what I am seeing.

Zerg units were never supposed to be individually balanced against a protoss unit, but were meant to make up for it in superior numbers..... That's why an SC 1 hydralisk cost exactly half as much as a dragoon and dealt half the damage of one.... Two of them equaled one goon and it worked.... [sigh].
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:38:25 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62604 on: November 07, 2014, 11:20:35 pm »

Curses, I think I have developed Owl City induced insomnia.
It's come full circle.
Name should've tipped you off, C. :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62605 on: November 08, 2014, 12:40:45 am »

I'm watching Louis for the first time and it's eerie how close to home it hits. Like, every scene in the first episode is pretty close to something that happened to me fairly recently. That's part of what's hilarious but it's also really weird to see your own socially-awkward self perfectly represented on a TV show, complete with the strangers you meet every day.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:29:07 am by Sergarr »
._.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4172 4173 [4174] 4175 4176 ... 11040