Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4152 4153 [4154] 4155 4156 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440210 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62295 on: November 04, 2014, 06:00:07 pm »

I recommend bringing up how (depending on whether you're talking about pigmentation or light) black or white is every color, then do the whole thing in the absence-of-color color to make a point.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62296 on: November 04, 2014, 06:29:12 pm »

One of my partners asked the teacher, and she said that it's because colours or images may offend others in the class.

We are allowed graphs and tables, but we can't include more than a couple and they must be colourless as well.
HOW THE HELL DO YOU OFFEND SOMEONE WITH A COLOR?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62297 on: November 04, 2014, 06:31:44 pm »

One of my partners asked the teacher, and she said that it's because colours or images may offend others in the class.

We are allowed graphs and tables, but we can't include more than a couple and they must be colourless as well.

* Arcvasti puts on shades

Challenge accepted.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62298 on: November 04, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »

an advantage, a strength, and an opportunity were similar to each other or not. The non-english partner insisted that all three were completely different things with no similarities.
Well I mean, they are different. Sure in some cases you could use advantage and strength in place of each other to say a similar thing, but it's not really the same. And opportunity is way out.

Hey, I worked why I like that picture!

The emotional part of my brain is retarded!
Well yeah. If it were reasonable it wouldn't be emotional.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62299 on: November 04, 2014, 06:33:56 pm »

Note that you aren't actually offending someone, you're offending someone on the behalf of someone else.

The real peril of being a leftist now isn't being executed by fascists, blacklisted and degraded by neo/classical liberals, or whatever, it's being associated with the idiots that propagate this sort of thing.  ::)

By the way, everyone needs to stop using Darkling, the beige-on-brown/black offends me just by knowing that other people are using it. Also those little dorf faces are unacceptable, everyone needs to go back to the blue-white triangles.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62300 on: November 04, 2014, 06:49:14 pm »

* Tawarochir declares war on Flying Dice.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:05:44 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62301 on: November 04, 2014, 06:49:45 pm »

Ready the surface-to-air missiles!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62302 on: November 04, 2014, 06:51:39 pm »

^This. Needs more question marks though.

Sort of like saying, 'those presentations don't use my favorite color, I'm offended'.

As for images, I doubt the subject you're doing would get any images that are offensive to someone, but um yeah, she could just say no offensive images but she wants to cover the bases, no idea.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62303 on: November 04, 2014, 07:04:10 pm »

an advantage, a strength, and an opportunity were similar to each other or not. The non-english partner insisted that all three were completely different things with no similarities.
Well I mean, they are different. Sure in some cases you could use advantage and strength in place of each other to say a similar thing, but it's not really the same. And opportunity is way out.

In several of my classes we were taught that in business terms, a strength is an internal advantage caused by you or your company, and an opportunity is an advantage that is created by a force external to you or your company.

Not quite the same thing, but not enough of a distinction to warrant us separating and confining different positives we've gathered in completely different paragraphs with their own special headings. Which was what the argument was about.

But I don't quite understand what is wrong with colours or images. Or "big words".

Though it is possible to actually get offensive images for this subject. For example, I was considering grabbing some screenshots of some parody accounts on facebook or twitter, as a possible way that social media could backfire on a company.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #62304 on: November 04, 2014, 07:29:03 pm »

BlackFlyme, are you in a high school? That sounds like high school bullshit. If you're in a university, that's terrifying.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62305 on: November 04, 2014, 07:33:39 pm »

BlackFlyme, are you in a high school? That sounds like high school bullshit. If you're in a university, that's terrifying.
I'd probably call it middle school bullshit actually.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62306 on: November 04, 2014, 07:35:44 pm »

BF's in college, if memory serves.

EDIT: Unrelated; no matter what I do, the forum is adamant that it's an hour ahead of the time it actually is for me.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62307 on: November 04, 2014, 07:41:06 pm »

College.

And I'm guessing that the forum time doesn't account for Daylight Savings Time. It's an hour off for me too.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #62308 on: November 04, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »

Probably special business terminology then. From what I've seen business has an annoying tendency to redefine normal words to have specialized different meanings (similar to psychology, and opposed to science and engineering which just make up new words instead).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62309 on: November 04, 2014, 07:51:54 pm »

College.

And I'm guessing that the forum time doesn't account for Daylight Savings Time. It's an hour off for me too.
Thing is, when I go to fix the time, it says at the example that it's "19:52" or what have you.
Pages: 1 ... 4152 4153 [4154] 4155 4156 ... 11040