Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3310 3311 [3312] 3313 3314 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442161 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #49665 on: May 18, 2014, 06:55:57 pm »

Why? He's a dick, we are dicks, everyone's a dick. Pretty consistent, actually.
I was referring to the body part of the equation. I don't particularly want to spell it out.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49666 on: May 18, 2014, 06:57:30 pm »

...Err, not really. He didn't hate us. He hated the attitude :v
I'll admit, I've never really figured out the functional difference between the two. It's always been a sort of "I don't hate you, I just hate who you are." Considering that, in practice, you and your behavioral patterns (attitude, etc.) are identical, it's... pretty much the same thing.
"I like your body, but you're a total dick."
Which gets exponentially wierder when you factor in the fact that God created us in his image.
Speaking of creationism, can we please stop talking about religion?

Last time I had a conversation about that particular topic, it somehow devolved into a bunch of frothingly hateful Russian priests, annoyingly inconsistent liberal arts students, zealous muslim converts fresh from the prison, surprisingly erudite and considerate skinheads and overly elitist moderators themselves calling each other names until one of the moderators got actually insulted, went ballistic and permanently banned all the participants after deleting the entire subforum.

And then he sent us all a 7600+ words long email, which basically amounted to him being D'Arthagnan and us being fags.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:02:06 pm by Knit tie »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #49667 on: May 18, 2014, 07:00:44 pm »

Sure, I don't mind not talking about it.

And I have to say, that situation sounds funny to me. Not entirely sure why, but I laughed.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49668 on: May 18, 2014, 07:05:26 pm »

As for the Bible on homosexuality (And I most certainly do not agree with the view expressed):
"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet"
Do note. Lust, and not love. Were it ever mentioned that it was love, then it would be explicitly inferred. It was never mentioned.
There's a whole chasm of differences between the two that the point of interpretation or understanding still holds.

Last time I had a conversation about that particular topic, it somehow devolved into a bunch of frothingly hateful Russian priests, annoyingly inconsistent liberal arts students, zealous muslim converts fresh from the prison, surprisingly erudite and considerate skinheads and overly elitist moderators themselves calling each other names until one of the moderators got actually insulted, went ballistic and permanently banned all the participants after deleting the entire subforum.

And then he sent us all a 7600+ words long email, which basically amounted to him being D'Arthagnan and us being fags.
.-.
Scary.
I do this mostly with the people in my community and everything is super clean. Yeah, we're very mixed. Muslims, Christians, Catholics. Stuff like that :v

I just wonder how volatile it gets in other places. Not that open-minded/fluid I guess?
Seriously, many people take things too literally. Let's eat our lord and savior! >_>

WTF: Spiders.
I believe they know when I'm watching them.
I look at my window. I see a jumping spider. It stares back at me through the glass, perched on the windowsill.
It turns around then hops out of view.
I turn back and look again a few minutes later. It is in the same position as it was originally, looking at me. Then it jumps away.
Again.
They're watching me. And/or I don't clean my window that much.
._.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:28:21 pm by Tiruin »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49669 on: May 18, 2014, 07:08:46 pm »

They're not watching you, they're watching out for you. The spiders simply want to make sure that wasps or mosquitoes aren't attacking you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49670 on: May 18, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »

They're not watching you, they're watching out for you. The spiders simply want to make sure that wasps or mosquitoes aren't attacking you.
...That explains the webs and the...stuffs.

I should clean it up. Thank you :x

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #49671 on: May 18, 2014, 07:12:28 pm »

They're your friendly neighbourhood spiders. Give 'em some respect, they work long hours fighting the bad and still get bad PR!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49672 on: May 18, 2014, 07:12:51 pm »

I'd make a reference to Graknorke's situation from the Rage thread, but that can't happen to you, Tiruin.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49673 on: May 18, 2014, 07:12:59 pm »

Muslims, Christians, Catholics. Stuff like that :v
Heh ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #49674 on: May 18, 2014, 07:14:02 pm »

I'd make a reference to Graknorke's situation from the Rage thread, but that can't happen to you, Tiruin.

You say that like you can't get a mosquito bite on the clit or labia.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49675 on: May 18, 2014, 07:14:18 pm »

They're your friendly neighbourhood spiders. Give 'em some respect, they work long hours fighting the bad and still get bad PR!
Happen whatnow?

Anyway, yeah Dwarfy :) That's how I lost my arachnophobia. Understanding those little ones (I had a pic on house spiders in the Philippines in..err, one of these threads I think. Maybe this thread?). But I'm still biased to love jumping spiders more.

Because erratic movement.

You say that like you can't get a mosquito bite on the clit or labia.
Oh.
*searches context*
OH.
 x3

Though in all seriousness: I've never heard of anyone getting bitten by insects in the...nether regions.
Ever. Until I met Graknorke.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49676 on: May 18, 2014, 07:22:54 pm »

.-.
Scary.
I do this mostly with the people in my community and everything is super clean. Yeah, we're very mixed. Muslims, Christians, Catholics. Stuff like that :v

I just wonder how volatile it gets in other places. Not that open-minded/fluid I guess?
Russian internet users, as a general rule, suffer from a clinical inability to even concieve that they might be wrong in their opinions. Combine this with the traditional slavic character trait of getting insulted when people disagree with you and voila! - the majority of online discussions very quickly devolve into pointless bickering.

Seriously, many people take things too literally. Let's eat our lord and savior! >_>
That was, I believe, a satirical retort to someone taking the bible too literally.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49677 on: May 18, 2014, 07:29:59 pm »

.-.
Scary.

Russian internet users, as a general rule, suffer from a clinical inability to even concieve that they might be wrong in their opinions. Combine this with the traditional slavic character trait of getting insulted when people disagree with you and voila! - the majority of online discussions very quickly devolve into pointless bickering.

Doesn't help when people act like trolls or spew conspiracy theories.

Still though, what you said certainly isn't all Russians. You, Sergarr, and Comrade P. for example.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49678 on: May 18, 2014, 07:32:41 pm »

Two words: Ukraine thread.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49679 on: May 18, 2014, 07:37:04 pm »

Not as bad as Gogis and Webber though.
Pages: 1 ... 3310 3311 [3312] 3313 3314 ... 11040