Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3289 3290 [3291] 3292 3293 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462506 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #49350 on: May 14, 2014, 06:42:13 am »

I think the WTF was more the sheer bulk of old games the person bought.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49351 on: May 14, 2014, 07:03:28 am »

I think that the best way would be to remember genocides, but not make light of them. There's a difference between remembering and normalizing.
Jokes are how we cope with suffering. Should we gut Monty Python for making light of the worst conflict of all human history? Of course not.
The best holocaust jokes don't make light of the slaughter, they make light of the jackasses responsible. Taking a steaming shit on the legitimacy of whatever legacy the Nazis have left behind is the most fitting possible tribute, I feel like.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49352 on: May 14, 2014, 07:08:02 am »

... is "sheer bulk" really the words to use for something like 12-15 games? Pretty sure I've had (numerous) textbooks that were larger than that would have netted. Definitely heavier, in any case.

Now, if it had been a few dozen (instead of just, like, one)... anything into or beyond the 30-50 range... yeah, I could see bulk being used to describe that. Dozen's penny ante stuff, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49353 on: May 14, 2014, 07:24:03 am »

Spoiler: Self explanatory WTF (click to show/hide)

How do I even find this stuff XD

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #49354 on: May 14, 2014, 07:50:52 am »

>The best holocaust jokes don't make light of the slaughter, they make light of the jackasses responsible. Taking a steaming shit on the legitimacy of whatever legacy the Nazis have left behind is the most fitting possible tribute, I feel like.

I was looking for a way to say this, actually. This is more or less my opinion on the matter.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49355 on: May 14, 2014, 09:27:23 am »

The best holocaust jokes don't make light of the slaughter, they make light of the jackasses responsible. Taking a steaming shit on the legitimacy of whatever legacy the Nazis have left behind is the most fitting possible tribute, I feel like.
If by best you mean tasteful.  Funniest on the other hand tend to get gut wrenching laughter from how taboo they are, it's the sole method of south park's survival for one.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #49356 on: May 14, 2014, 09:36:50 am »

If by best you mean tasteful.  Funniest on the other hand tend to get gut wrenching laughter from how taboo they are, it's the sole method of south park's survival for one.
This. So very much this.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49357 on: May 14, 2014, 11:17:57 am »

I think that the best way would be to remember genocides, but not make light of them. There's a difference between remembering and normalizing.
The best way to prevent another holocaust is to make the idea of Hitler/Nazis and killing people for their race/creed/whatever laughable~

It's hard to get into office when the things you're campaigning on (the Hitler side, anyway. Didn't exactly advertize the Holocaust) get you laughed out of the debates.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49358 on: May 14, 2014, 11:30:36 am »

I'm not really sure why I keep playing Dynasty Warriors. I'll probably stop once I make enough schoolgirls to conquer China.
The only reason I had to stop playing dynasty warriors was that the disc got scratched. Nothing quite like fighting 40,000 soldiers with one man and winning because you were very good at dicking around with their lieughtenants on a horse.
There was that one stratagem card I didn't quite understand. I began to question the sanity of my 2nd in command when she suggested that my army of 56,000 would somehow fight better if they were all waifus. This beats cavalry how?

The best way to prevent another holocaust is to make the idea of Hitler/Nazis and killing people for their race/creed/whatever laughable~

It's hard to get into office when the things you're campaigning on (the Hitler side, anyway. Didn't exactly advertize the Holocaust) get you laughed out of the debates.
That's assuming the perpretator Is a democracy, in which case it doesn't do much more than a democracy already does to stop this.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49359 on: May 14, 2014, 11:47:29 am »

... is "sheer bulk" really the words to use for something like 12-15 games? Pretty sure I've had (numerous) textbooks that were larger than that would have netted. Definitely heavier, in any case.

Now, if it had been a few dozen (instead of just, like, one)... anything into or beyond the 30-50 range... yeah, I could see bulk being used to describe that. Dozen's penny ante stuff, though.
He bought 34 games.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49360 on: May 14, 2014, 11:50:26 am »

I'm not really sure why I keep playing Dynasty Warriors. I'll probably stop once I make enough schoolgirls to conquer China.
The only reason I had to stop playing dynasty warriors was that the disc got scratched. Nothing quite like fighting 40,000 soldiers with one man and winning because you were very good at dicking around with their lieughtenants on a horse.
There was that one stratagem card I didn't quite understand. I began to question the sanity of my 2nd in command when she suggested that my army of 56,000 would somehow fight better if they were all waifus. This beats cavalry how?

The cavalry, being a bunch of airheaded morons thinking themselves heroes, would see the horde of women in front of them and think "Damsels in distress! Perfect!" and try to haul them up on their horses, at which point the waifus would thank them for saving them, and promptly stab them in the face. Battle won. Friendly casualties: that one really ugly woman you put in the front line that the cavalry all respond to as a dragon and slay the shit out of her.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49361 on: May 14, 2014, 12:13:39 pm »

The decision was more about having either cavalry or 56000 waifus. To this day I still debate about whether that many waifus is a strategic boon or loss.
Enemy cavalry is also smart about it, they don't fall for the waifu ruse and just run over them with their lances.

Although now that you mention it, seeing a cavalryman trying to save 56,000 waifus is a story for the ages. Not knowing what strategical effect the waifu horde had didn't stop me from using it at any turn; what's more is that the in game logic changes upon what ruler you are. If you're a tyrant, you're conscripting tens of thousands of waifus for the greater good. If you're a wise king bringing prosperity and culture then hundreds of thousands of waifus are willingly flocking to your cause. Similarly your troops were only waifus when you used the card, and base captains stay the same gender. Should I assume my soldiers traded battle shifts with their waifus, or the base captains regularly changed minds about waifu battle doctrine?

One of the best cards in that regards. 

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49362 on: May 14, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »

I just ate airport Taco Bell to stave off horrible sleep deprivation. I have no idea what to think of this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49363 on: May 14, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »

Perhaps you'll know better what to think in a few hours, once digestion starts kicking in. Or out, as it may occur.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49364 on: May 14, 2014, 02:00:15 pm »

Spoiler: Self explanatory WTF (click to show/hide)

How do I even find this stuff XD
That looks like somebody took Pimp-My-Gun a little too seriously.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 3289 3290 [3291] 3292 3293 ... 11040