Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3091 3092 [3093] 3094 3095 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455480 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46380 on: March 27, 2014, 12:13:16 am »

I doubt that someone so vulnerable could survive as a Sith.

Look the Sith make no freeken sense! Stop pretending like whiny cry babies couldn't be Sith.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46381 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:58 am »

I always knew I had my fair share of shitty games lying around. I have Dragon's Lair and the infamous LJN X-Men on NES and Big Rigs on PC (you just can't not want to play that thing, come on). But there's one I never hear about, one that I only just realized is bad.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3.

1. One attack button. Now, Smash Brothers does this well. This game? Hell no. You like combos? Well, you get them. Mash this button and you've got a combo, woo hoo. No variations on the attacks except a few directions. They all end up doing pretty much the same thing, though, except forward, which pushes your enemy away from you and does less damage.
2. Few defense options in the air. This game is pretty smash brothers like. Most of your time is spent in the air. Your only option is a quick teleport behind the enemy done by pressing the guard buttons (yeah, both R2 and L2 guard. No difference, just wasted controller space), as far as I know.
3. Projectiles that suck. The square button is dedicated to items. Almost all of them suck. They're easy to dodge or do little damage besides.
4. The ultimate attack system is really shitty. You start it and there's a freaking button-mash/stick-spin/button-pattern mini-game which determines the attack damage or whether it hits at all. Some of them seem to be easier to lose than others, but there's no pattern to it; Sasuke's ult gives him a transformation and increased attack and apparently is really forgiving while Hiruzen's ult does damage and nothing else while still being more forgiving for the player being hit.
5. The main single player mode is a tedious adventure game that tells you where all of your objectives are that has finicky controls; the writing is trite, the characterization even worse than the manga (hinata shy! naruto bull-headed! sasuke 2edgy! shino bugs! ino egotistical!), not much to be enjoyed. It's required to get a lot of the characters. Woo.
6. Special attacks suck. Every character has two. Some of them are overpowered and some are useless. Rock Lee has two close-up hard-to-hit jutsu while Hinata has a heal (!!) and a 4-second invincible shield/attack (!!!!!). The characters usually don't make up for these deficiencies.
7. Main character is still unlikeable. This was kinda solved after the early parts of the series... but this only covers them. Oy.
8. I like street fighter better.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46382 on: March 27, 2014, 08:22:46 am »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46383 on: March 27, 2014, 08:53:48 am »

Smash Bros has two attack buttons, actually. A is for spamming default attack (or smashes), B is for specials.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46384 on: March 27, 2014, 09:02:06 am »

Today, I got to witness water pressure in all its glory. Seeing gravity and tight spaces launch a jet of water something like 8-10 feet straight up was pretty great.

Also crawled around in a fire damaged attic. Not badly damaged, but enough I thoroughly learned that clambering over charred wood in tan jeans is not a recipe for maintaining their color. Same for hands, though ash is apparently pretty easy to wash off.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46385 on: March 27, 2014, 09:36:25 am »

Naruto game
I remember spending hours with an imported Naruto fighting game back before any of them came out in English. It was actually pretty good though, if a bit simplistic for a fighting game. More typical 2.5D fighting game than Smash Bros-like.

*checks* It was Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 and 4 for Gamecube. Looks like the first two were "Clash of Ninja" (??) in English.

I remember they had Akamaru (the dog-guy's tiny puppy) as a joke character, and it could murder everyone because its hitbox was too low for most attacks to hit. Good times.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #46386 on: March 27, 2014, 11:09:59 am »

After a space of a day or two since noticing, I think I've managed to get the last of the chewed crisps out of my left inner ear. why do we still need our inner ear connected to our mouths

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46387 on: March 27, 2014, 11:11:03 am »

After a space of a day or two since noticing, I think I've managed to get the last of the chewed crisps out of my left inner ear. why do we still need our inner ear connected to our mouths

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46388 on: March 27, 2014, 11:16:24 am »

It's an emergency pressure valve. Trust me, if we didn't have it, we'd be very screwed (I had the connection blocked due to inflammation due to a cold. Then I got on a plane. THEN I ended up with a perforated eardrum.).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46389 on: March 27, 2014, 11:17:53 am »

It also serves as a fluid drain for ear infections.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #46390 on: March 27, 2014, 11:19:48 am »

It's an emergency pressure valve. Trust me, if we didn't have it, we'd be very screwed (I had the connection blocked due to inflammation due to a cold. Then I got on a plane. THEN I ended up with a perforated eardrum.).
Yes, but why hasn't it moved? There's plenty of better places to put a pressure valve than right next to our tongue. Couldn't it be in/next to our nose or something?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46391 on: March 27, 2014, 11:20:37 am »

Naruto game
I remember spending hours with an imported Naruto fighting game back before any of them came out in English. It was actually pretty good though, if a bit simplistic for a fighting game. More typical 2.5D fighting game than Smash Bros-like.

*checks* It was Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 and 4 for Gamecube. Looks like the first two were "Clash of Ninja" (??) in English.

I remember they had Akamaru (the dog-guy's tiny puppy) as a joke character, and it could murder everyone because its hitbox was too low for most attacks to hit. Good times.

I like those games. They have gameplay, which is more than can be said for the PS2 games. The PS3 series (Ultimate Ninja Storm) is a mite better, but it ends up playing like DBZ Sparking (Budokai Tenkaichi), which I wouldn't say is a good thing.

Glad I never bought Ultimate Tenkaichi, because that game is actually shit. Like, wow. Yamcha is Freeza is Goku is Nappa. Every character is exactly the same. Goddamn.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46392 on: March 27, 2014, 11:23:40 am »

I am fairly sure that my best friend plays Ultimate Ninja Storm. (although i'm not entirely sure. It was a naruto fighting game for the PS3 :v)
I tried playing it against him and he obviously spent far too much time playing it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46393 on: March 27, 2014, 11:24:26 am »

By which you mean YOU didn't spend ENOUGH time playing it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46394 on: March 27, 2014, 11:40:30 am »

Yes, but why hasn't it moved? There's plenty of better places to put a pressure valve than right next to our tongue. Couldn't it be in/next to our nose or something?
I thought it was in the back of the nose...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 3091 3092 [3093] 3094 3095 ... 11040