Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3083 3084 [3085] 3086 3087 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458003 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46260 on: March 24, 2014, 04:26:39 pm »

In the bathroom stalls here there are posters that read "Republicans would be the first group of people to take away your freedom to poop. Vote for X, a democrat."

This is the dumbest fucking... gah!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46261 on: March 24, 2014, 04:29:01 pm »

In the bathroom stalls here there are posters that read "Republicans would be the first group of people to take away your freedom to poop. Vote for X, a democrat."

This is the dumbest fucking... gah!

"A vote for Republicans is a vote for incontinence"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46262 on: March 24, 2014, 04:30:35 pm »

Think how stifled your freedom to poop already is! You can't just poop anywhere provided you clean it up afterward; you have to do it in designated areas, hidden behind walls.

All these public indecency laws are tainting our ability to actually act human.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46263 on: March 24, 2014, 04:46:33 pm »

Watching big bang theory
"Hey do you have any books on making friends?"
"Well yes but they are all for little kids"

Me: "Really? There are tons of adult books on making friends, it isn't even an obscure self-help topic. This sure would be more funny if it wasn't so stupid"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:48:59 pm by Neonivek »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46264 on: March 24, 2014, 05:00:49 pm »

Maybe they just don't have a good self-help section. I know a lot of bookstores refuse to stock gaming books beyond Hoyles Rules of Games and some sudoku and crossword pads, because of a misguided intellectual elitism. I actually had a bookstore owner reply "we don't have those kinds of books" with a snootiness you would expect if I requested a plate of deep fried Twinkies at a 5-star restaurant.

And let me tell you, it was not a 5-star bookstore. Shit was hella lame, their bookstore cat was mangy and tattered, plywood shelves, huge expired encyclopedia section.

I lived all but next door to that bookstore for years and only went in a couple times. Should tell you how mediocre it was.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46265 on: March 24, 2014, 05:01:59 pm »

No the implication of the show is that "making friends" is a hilarious thing for an adult to look for a book on because "Only children would want books on making friends".

Otherwise yeah. You are right it would make sense for an ordinary book store not to have it.

---

Honestly Big Bang Theory is weird in that sense. Anything even SLIGHTLY outside the norm is made to be some sort of alien or "wrong" thing.

Which is only weird because it is a show where the main characters are supposed to be extreme stereotypes... So it isn't like they don't have anything outright outside the norm to make fun of.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:07:14 pm by Neonivek »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46266 on: March 24, 2014, 05:06:20 pm »

Maybe they just don't have a good self-help section. I know a lot of bookstores refuse to stock gaming books beyond Hoyles Rules of Games and some sudoku and crossword pads, because of a misguided intellectual elitism. I actually had a bookstore owner reply "we don't have those kinds of books" with a snootiness you would expect if I requested a plate of deep fried Twinkies at a 5-star restaurant.

And let me tell you, it was not a 5-star bookstore. Shit was hella lame, their bookstore cat was mangy and tattered, plywood shelves, huge expired encyclopedia section.

I lived all but next door to that bookstore for years and only went in a couple times. Should tell you how mediocre it was.

Just what. Game Theory is advanced mathematics and statistics! I have an old Soviet manual on it that has more formulae per page than the integral calculus manual! Intellectual elitism? "We don't stock those kind of books"? THAT PIECE OF SHIT BETTER START STOCKING THEM OR PREPARE ITS CLOACA FOR THE SHOVEL HANDLE BLARGRHRGEHRHRH!

* Avis is in a frothing fit of murderous rage!
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46267 on: March 24, 2014, 05:07:12 pm »

Just what. Game Theory is advanced mathematics and statistics! I have an old Soviet manual on it that has more formulae per page than the integral calculus manual! Intellectual elitism? "We don't stock those kind of books"? THAT PIECE OF SHIT BETTER START STOCKING THEM OR PREPARE ITS CLOACA FOR THE SHOVEL HANDLE BLARGRHRGEHRHRH!

I'm not entirely sure they had any cloaca but I can check.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46268 on: March 24, 2014, 05:09:47 pm »

I'm not entirely sure they had any cloaca but I can check.
I harbor a secret belief that really, really stupid people have cloacas in the middle of their faces, which they use to excrete words. I mean, having a honest-to-God anus should be a privilege, not a right.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46269 on: March 24, 2014, 05:09:57 pm »

It's not Game Theory, just a handbook of rules for a bunch of various games.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46270 on: March 24, 2014, 05:12:47 pm »

It's not Game Theory, just a handbook of rules for a bunch of various games.

...really?

* Avis shuffles behind a wardrobe, completely embarrassed for what, the third time today?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46271 on: March 24, 2014, 05:12:57 pm »

Yeah I meant that I went in looking for D&D etc. types of books, and any used bookstore will generally have a good 50% chance of having at least a little shelf for them.

Hoyle's Rules of Games is just a book of rules for old games like Chess and Darts. I have a copy but have not read it yet.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46272 on: March 24, 2014, 05:14:33 pm »

@Avis: It's okay, we all have bad days.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46273 on: March 24, 2014, 05:15:32 pm »

@Avis: It's okay, we all have bad days.
Thanks. But I have good days. Sometimes. The rest are bad.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46274 on: March 24, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »

I have no idea what I have done, but somehow, some way, what I have just cooked tastes vaguely of cinnamon. There is no cinnamon in this food. It's ramen, mixed with black+lemon pepper, pepperoni, cheese, and some instant mashed potatoes.

It tastes of cinnamon. There is no cinnamon. What have I done‽
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3083 3084 [3085] 3086 3087 ... 11040