Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3023 3024 [3025] 3026 3027 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440160 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #45360 on: March 08, 2014, 03:03:26 pm »

It's been around for a while now.  But it's just kinda silly.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45361 on: March 08, 2014, 03:21:10 pm »

Fairly effective, though, iirc. Same sort of psychology as marketing a 1 dollar product as 2 for 2 dollars (of course, what they actually tend to do is market a 1 dollar product as 2 for 2 dollars and give the single product a price hike, heh.). Folks will be more likely to buy it, last I checked the research, despite the product being identically priced. Kinda' scummy but it works (which is basically marketing in a nutshell but *shrug*).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:22:46 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #45362 on: March 08, 2014, 07:18:13 pm »

There was experiments. They got canceled. Because the bats escaped. With the bombs still attached to them. I think they started hanging out in a water tower at the base they were being tested and they had a heck of a time retrieving them or something.

That wasn't the reason it was cancelled (the bats escaping and causing damage was considered to be proof that the concept was sound). It just turned out that the project was in the late stages of development in August of '45, and it just so happened that a certain other weapon system under development was ready for deployment, ending the war.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45363 on: March 08, 2014, 07:22:55 pm »

So I had a glass of a brand of soda called Jamaican Ginger Beer.  The thing looks like polluted water and is unusually spicy.  My stomach hurts.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #45364 on: March 08, 2014, 07:23:12 pm »

http://www.flowershell.com/

You can now plant...seeds... with....a shotgun....

America we have to talk to you about your gun obsession, its getting out of hand
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45365 on: March 08, 2014, 07:26:41 pm »

America we have to talk to you about your gun obsession, its getting out of hand

Wow that's actually really neat.

"Oh I need to dig lots of tiny holes to plant these flowers? NAH LETS BLOW THEM INTO THE GROUND WITH THE DEALDY FORCE OF GUNPOWDER".

I really want to try them out now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45366 on: March 08, 2014, 07:26:42 pm »

"...and next week, Overdue Interventions covers efforts to deal with America's gun obsession, recover some of Germany's repressed memories, and makes a special return to an old issue, checking up on the ongoing efforts to deal with Japan's tentacle hangup."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45367 on: March 08, 2014, 07:45:51 pm »

Had an argument with my mom because apparently she doesn't approve of me wearing boots. Is there some sort of boot stigma I'm unaware of? They are just an ordinary pair of winter boots, but my mom doesn't want to be seen with a person who wears boots. I had to trudge through snow and ice in my running shoes while we were bringing in groceries because of this.

While we were on our way back from grocery shopping, my mom complained of having to call her boyfriend to see if he wanted any food picked up. Then when he said he didn't want anything, she got into an argument with him and said she was going to pick him up dinner anyways.

Grocery shopping with my mom is always an odd experience.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45368 on: March 08, 2014, 08:15:40 pm »

Had an argument with my mom because apparently she doesn't approve of me wearing boots. Is there some sort of boot stigma I'm unaware of?
There isn't, or at least not in favor of running shoes. Most might be a preference among business-type settings for dress shoes and whatnot, but it's basically sandals (and only if they're not the fancy kind, for females) -> non-dress shoes -> dress shoes. Boots and running shoes are on the same level. Running shoes in snow does have the "this person is a goddamn idiot" stigma, though, for what that's worth. She led you wrong, amigo.

Your mother is insane (or at least abusive, which might as well be the same thing *shrugs*), insofar as your descriptions of her have revealed. You can probably safely ignore pretty much anything she says, so far as greater import is concerned.
Ask not!
Ask!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45369 on: March 08, 2014, 08:17:12 pm »

I love wearing my boots. They're big and stompy for crushing the innocent beneath my heels.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #45370 on: March 08, 2014, 09:34:31 pm »

For one thing, the site calls it a Scandinavian company. Second, they also claim to be working on a flying carpet, which suggests that the site is not entirely non-hoax. Finally, in the unlikely event it is real, such an ammunition would be ideal for target practice against paper targets and quite possibly skeet shooting, as heavy-metal contamination of firing ranges is a serious - and growing - problem, with most non-toxic ammunition being very expensive. Seeds are extremely cheap, are hard and heavy enough to do damage in a target-shooting environment, and the only possible ecological effect is the possibility that some might survive and sprout flowers.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #45371 on: March 08, 2014, 09:43:03 pm »

So, I finally manage to flick on a James Bond movie that isn't half over, A View of a Kill or whatever from 1985. In the start, they mention James found a microchip on the body of 003 in Siberia.

The "WTF" thing is, one time, I played this 007 game on a gamecube, Everything or Nothing, from 2002 or so. In it...

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45372 on: March 08, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »

I'd always thought that there was the implication that 00 agent identities were transferred to new agents on death/retirement.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45373 on: March 08, 2014, 09:56:32 pm »

I'd always thought that there was the implication that 00 agent identities were transferred to new agents on death/retirement.
Thus explaining why 007 has not only not aged in all the years he's been in service, he's actually grown younger.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45374 on: March 08, 2014, 11:04:11 pm »

Get urge to play Oblivion. Decide to go see if I can find a few small mods, for added interest and ease of use.

~Hour later, just shy of 1.3 gigs worth of material downloaded :-\

Only about ten mods, though. Plus patch stuff and miscellanea. Still...

'Course, now the "fun" part is seeing if I can get it all to work. Oblivion mod installation's always been a bit of a trial for me, bleh.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 3023 3024 [3025] 3026 3027 ... 11040