Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2941 2942 [2943] 2944 2945 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442456 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #44130 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:36 pm »

Look on the bright side, at least he's not a hyper-prideful chauvinist racist addict redneck who alternates between wanting to fight you and loudly practicing guitar every day.
This is basically my mindset. He's annoying, but literally anyone else in the building would probably be worse.

"spitting in the shower"
Curious; what's wrong with this? Unless he's spitting chewing tobacco or something.
Mostly the apparently unconscious disrespect; it's not unlike pissing in the shower, at least when you're hocking lugies loudly enough that all three of us can hear him doing it over the sounds of the shower and whatever else we happen to be doing. Maybe it's just me, but when you're sharing things with other people, it seems like at least a tiny bit of recognition that one isn't the only person who has to use [whatever] is in order. Same reasoning as for why you should take your trash out, shower regularly, flush the toilet, not leave the door unlocked if you're the last out of the room etc.: it's common courtesy. Though that last one is more specific, given the number of people who've had things nicked from their rooms. Meh. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44131 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:54 pm »

Saw a car today with the letters WTF on the license plate.
Not exactly a WTF moment but I still thought I should post it here.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44132 on: February 14, 2014, 12:50:19 pm »

At least it did make you go "WTF".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44133 on: February 14, 2014, 12:57:15 pm »

I had to WTF at some bumper stickers yesterday. Pulled into my kid's school to pick her up, and see an SUV plastered with "I believe in miracles," "Praise Him," "Can't spell Good without God," and other assorted eye-rollers. Then, in the middle of the pack is a lone memorial sticker, "RIP so-and-so, 1998-2010, cancer sucks."

How do people possess this level of disconnect?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44134 on: February 14, 2014, 01:00:16 pm »

For many, it's all they've ever known. Though usually, the Christian rebuttals to the Problem of Evil I've seen boil down to "all humanity is inherently evil and we deserve whatever suffering we face".
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:08:21 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44135 on: February 14, 2014, 01:06:44 pm »

For many, it's all they've ever known. Though usually, the Christian rebuttals to the Problem of Evil I've seen boil down to "all humanity is inherently evil and we deserves whatever suffering we face".
Or the whole dualist stuff like you can't have evil without good, as much as you can't have death without life.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44136 on: February 14, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »

Didn't everything live forever in the garden of eden? It was only when they were cst out did they age or have sickness.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44137 on: February 14, 2014, 01:46:05 pm »

Even if I am a christian, I still think that the Garden of Eden is sort a metaphor for an unobtainable utopia or something.

Or.. If I have to make a far stretch, it might as well a spaceship.
Everything in the bible which mentions anything about heaven, sounds like something from a science fiction franchise.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #44138 on: February 14, 2014, 01:47:28 pm »

Had one earlier today when I saw a news blurb saying that Facebook will have more than 50 options for Gender. Now, I'm all for recognizing that there are a lot more genders than just Male and Female, but 50 sounded waaay too high a number.

However, I got to look at a list of them and it seems it's mostly just multiple valid ways of saying/spelling the options. Which is ok, I guess, but wouldn't a smaller list in a drop-down menu have made more sense?

So my WTF didn't go away, it just sort of transformed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44139 on: February 14, 2014, 01:49:41 pm »

Had one earlier today when I saw a news blurb saying that Facebook will have more than 50 options for Gender. Now, I'm all for recognizing that there are a lot more genders than just Male and Female, but 50 sounded waaay too high a number.

However, I got to look at a list of them and it seems it's mostly just multiple valid ways of saying/spelling the options. Which is ok, I guess, but wouldn't a smaller list in a drop-down menu have made more sense?

So my WTF didn't go away, it just sort of transformed.
This list looks like someone has been reading tumblr.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44140 on: February 14, 2014, 01:52:35 pm »

Eden was a ship that kept us in a sort of suspended sleep filled with dreams about some kind of amazing garden, then we were unceremoniously kicked out of said ship, and it buggered off?

Well, why not?
As I said, that was something of a far stretch.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44141 on: February 14, 2014, 01:58:33 pm »

Surprisingly, my mum (A rather devout non-denominational liberal Christian) has told me recently that she's always struggled with the idea that God is supposed to be more powerful than Satan, and is supposed to be totally good, but hasn't gotten rid of Satan.

*shrug* Doubt it'll lead anywhere but it's different than her normal shtick of non-questioning.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44142 on: February 14, 2014, 02:06:12 pm »

...bumper stickers...
Once again I'm happy that we don't have bumper sticker culture here. Or lot of people like that.

This talk about eden and not dying reminded me about old WTF I had when I came across youtube vid about some creation "scientist" (really, he had lab coat and all) telling how dinosaurs in eden didn't eat meat (or Adam or Eve) and that T-rex's teeth were for opening coconuts.

I have massive folder of reaction gifs (and cats) but I have nothing to fit for what I felt like.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44143 on: February 14, 2014, 02:16:15 pm »

I think I may have seen a tiny bit of that as well.
I myself cannot wrap my head around that T-Rex would ever be a herbivore.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44144 on: February 14, 2014, 02:37:44 pm »

Mind you that was years ago, before I got familiar with situation in USA with the christian right. I couldn't even begin to start processing what he was saying, that it was intended as serious and not a parody. My brain just melted.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2941 2942 [2943] 2944 2945 ... 11040