Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2930 2931 [2932] 2933 2934 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441213 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43965 on: February 10, 2014, 07:47:20 pm »

I just opened the bag tonight. It was one of those plastic bags you buy at the store.
If you literally just opened it, take it back the store and ask for a refund, pointing out the extreme beetle-ness of the pasta you just bought from them. Unless it's just a little bit beetle-y; then you can just pick that stuff out.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43966 on: February 10, 2014, 08:09:51 pm »

I feel a bit existentially terrified.
Don't worry. That tends to happen when you think about the end of all things.
Neat concept, but all that was said was what the clock does. How do the machanisms of the clock work? I'm aware of the redstone, but how does everything else work?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43967 on: February 10, 2014, 08:12:06 pm »

I just opened the bag tonight. It was one of those plastic bags you buy at the store.
PRE DINNER SNACK!

IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!
(Yes, I have just watched regular ordinary swedish meal time.)
Excellent!
Not the beetles, the mayo man.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43968 on: February 10, 2014, 09:33:43 pm »

Found out that me and my family appeared on local tv on a special section on the Knowledge Bowl tournament this weekend.
Ouch.

At least you can say you've been on TV. Don't answer if anyone asks how many people saw you on it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43970 on: February 11, 2014, 01:07:51 am »

Found out that me and my family appeared on local tv on a special section on the Knowledge Bowl tournament this weekend.

Where were you for knowledge bowl?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43971 on: February 11, 2014, 01:08:44 am »

I just watched The Graduate. O______________________________________O
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43972 on: February 11, 2014, 01:13:16 am »

This song is incredibly familiar to me and I don't know why ._.

you were one whole katamari damacy in your previous life

now how does that translate to you being a magical girl, i honestly have no idea

i'll work something out

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43973 on: February 11, 2014, 01:34:12 am »

I just watched The Graduate. O______________________________________O
S'good, ain't it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43974 on: February 11, 2014, 07:43:19 am »

The lynx is an endangered species in Belgium.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43975 on: February 11, 2014, 11:58:04 am »

Something that surprised me more than anything else.

On my facebook I have my brother's ex friended - I added her long before they broke up and never got around to deleting her. Every nown again, she'd post pictures of her and her boyfriend - almost sickenly sweet in how happy they looked and stuff. Now this boyfriend guy just sent me a friend request, but I didn't realise it was him at the time. Wondering who this guy was, I looked at his profile.

First thing I see on it, was a picture of him with a hefty black eye and a long post on how he's lost the love of his life, [Ex-woman], - because she hit him in the face and he called the police for it, which is fair enough. I have nothing but scorn for those who would inflict domestic abuse. I guess it goes to show things can be a lot more turbulent than it seems. Poor bastard, though. Would not have guessed it from the pictures and the like she shared of them. She always seemed quite a decent person the times I met her, as well.

She got off with a caution, incidentally.

EDIT: Just making it clear, it's fair enough he called the police, not him losing the love of his life. I got nothing but sympathy for his end.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:59:51 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43976 on: February 11, 2014, 12:06:03 pm »

My uncle had a similar relationship, as I recall. I was pretty young when the whole thing went down, but from family stories he married a women who was bipolar and very abusive. He got bottles of soda poured on his head, and once even hit with a frying pan. Luckily he got a divorce and she got help.

Domestic abuse doesn't really fall along any gender lines.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43977 on: February 11, 2014, 12:18:04 pm »

On those lines, I found this article on domestic violence symmetry which was authored by the guy who created the Conflict tactics scale system of analyzing intimate partner violence back in the 1970's. It's a pretty interesting read.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43978 on: February 11, 2014, 12:53:43 pm »

It's a credit to this forum that I bet at least a dozen people will go and earnestly read that because they think it's an interesting read. I know I'll at least skim it.

EDIT: Pg 335 answers my initial question: is he arguing that there's symmetry in assaults, ignoring severity, or accounting for severity? Which is to say, would a woman splashing a glass of wine at a dude count the same as a lady stabbing him? He cites a study of emergency room visits related to partner violence with 19% male perps and 20% female perps.

Does that mean 39% of emergency room visits were due to partner violence? That would be pretty crazy! But it's not saying that of emergency room visits that were related to PV, 19% were male perps and 20% were female - because that means 61% were other-gendered perps and I doubt that. Maybe 61% didn't declare perp gender but did declare PV as a reason? No idea.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 12:59:48 pm by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43979 on: February 11, 2014, 01:13:47 pm »

I have a feeling I've read that before.

But what can you do? If you try anything you'll get labelled as a misognyst, wanna-be wife beater. You aren't permitted to have a dialogue on this sort of thing.

FAKEDIT: yes, I've read it - or at least skimmed it - before.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 2930 2931 [2932] 2933 2934 ... 11040