Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2847 2848 [2849] 2850 2851 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465747 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42720 on: January 14, 2014, 10:37:00 pm »

... to be fair, it's entirely anecdotal, but the last (and quite likely the last, if balding doesn't have anything to say about it) time I went from long hair to short hair I had a very notable and pretty bad balance shift until the hair started getting long again. Had more trouble walking straight than normal for weeks.

S'also pretty noticeable when I pile the hair on top or whatever instead of just letting it hang. Stuff's not exactly heavy, but it is there. Be neat to see if anyone's actually done some decent studies on it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42721 on: January 14, 2014, 10:37:24 pm »

It might cause vomiting if your constantly chewing your hair.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42722 on: January 14, 2014, 10:41:07 pm »

I'm wearing pajamas for the first time since I was like, 4 years old.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42723 on: January 14, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »

I can definitely confirm the part about vomiting. I had very long hair for many years and vomited a lot during that time. I always thought it was the booze, but what do I know.

... to be fair, it's entirely anecdotal, but the last (and quite likely the last, if balding doesn't have anything to say about it) time I went from long hair to short hair I had a very notable and pretty bad balance shift until the hair started getting long again. Had more trouble walking straight than normal for weeks.
When I cut it off I needed some adjustment time too. I kept trying to pull the hair up when sitting down or getting dressed, even if it was gone. Also I hold my head differently now, and can move more freely.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #42724 on: January 15, 2014, 05:15:35 am »

Short hair is awesome~

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42725 on: January 15, 2014, 05:29:32 am »

Anyway, a fact that nobody should surprise. According to steam, I have player L4D2 for 2 hours total, and played 3 hours in the last 2 weeks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42726 on: January 15, 2014, 05:40:09 am »

Honestly, what kind of complete fucktard do you have to be to take a gun with you to a cinema -.-'
Hey now, you never know when someone might start texting in the seat in front of you!

Short hair is awesome~
No it's not.  >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42727 on: January 15, 2014, 05:47:22 am »

Short hair is awesome~
No it's not.  >:(

Yeah, you never feel pretty enough :P

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42728 on: January 15, 2014, 05:51:07 am »

I was driving by and noticed someone had parked their Batmobile out the front of their house, on their driveway.
How the fuck did this comment just get glossed over?

Was it the Adam West Batmobile, Tim Burton Batmobile, the Tumbler...?

I dont know that much about the Batmobiles, but from googling it looked closer to the Tim Burton Batmobile (Those fins on the back are a dead giveaway, plus the curveyness).

I diddnt get a particularly detailed look (since I was busy not crashing on the road :P), but it was not just some bomb with fins glued on the back. It was ultra-curvey like in the Google Image results for "Tim Burton Batmobile ".

It was either the batmobile (which is highly unlikely given where it was) or someones actually-pretty-good attempt to build their own.

If it's still there I will take a picture.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42729 on: January 15, 2014, 07:05:36 am »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42730 on: January 15, 2014, 07:16:11 am »

Honestly, what kind of complete fucktard do you have to be to take a gun with you to a cinema -.-'
Hey now, you never know when someone might start texting in the seat in front of you!
People who'd legally bring their gun to any other public place.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42731 on: January 15, 2014, 08:14:31 am »

Mmhmm... here in the states, it's not terribly uncommon for a notable -- if not exactly large -- minority to carry at nearly all times (exception being to places it's illegal to carry -- which is comparatively few, being mostly government or medical facilities.). S'what the concealed carry permits are all about, and it's pretty bloody easy to get one in FL.

It's just... a thing you do. Knives are pretty common around here even beyond guns, ferex, and not, like, pen knives or swiss army knives. Decent sized ones. Just a thing most of population carries around. Sometimes they're even useful!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42732 on: January 15, 2014, 08:16:11 am »

Heh. Knives are illegal to carry here as well. Pepper spray too I think.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42733 on: January 15, 2014, 08:18:37 am »

Heh. Knives are illegal to carry here as well. Pepper spray too I think.

Here if you carry a teaspoon you get locked away in the queen's dungeons for at least 10 years.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #42734 on: January 15, 2014, 08:20:06 am »

Remember that shooting a while ago? With the guy dressed as the Joker but with body armor? He made a point to go to the only cinema in the area that didn't allow carrying. I think I'd be more likely to carry to the cinema after that.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 2847 2848 [2849] 2850 2851 ... 11037