Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2770 2771 [2772] 2773 2774 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476705 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41565 on: December 20, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »

Oh man, they give you some good stuff when you've had your wisdom teeth out. I still fondly remember that day; it was the only full day of high school that I missed, and a good thing too, given how loose my inhibitions were at the time.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41566 on: December 20, 2013, 09:40:05 pm »

Whatever they're going to give me for my wisdom teeth costs over $500, so it damn well better be good.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:09:05 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41567 on: December 20, 2013, 10:06:42 pm »

Oh man, they give you some good stuff when you've had your wisdom teeth out. I still fondly remember that day; it was the only full day of high school that I missed, and a good thing too, given how loose my inhibitions were at the time.

You were only out of school for a day? I was out for at least a week after getting mine out. Granted, it took something like two days for the bleeding to stop entirely, so, yanno.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41568 on: December 20, 2013, 10:11:29 pm »

My wisdom teeth didn't put me down for long. Took  prescription pain meds for maybe two days, was only out of whack for maybe a day. After that it was the occasional over-the-counter pain reliever for less than a week and I'd be more or less recovered.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41569 on: December 20, 2013, 11:00:11 pm »

Oh jah... sometimes the ignorance about computers just astound me.

That's probably a person that can't afford a computer, but needs a phone.   Computers take a lot of time and effort to become proficient with.  If you are raised with them, or have been good with them for a long time, it can be easy to take the skills for granted.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41570 on: December 20, 2013, 11:10:47 pm »

two inches of snow
Dude, where are you? That's a mild Tuesday here in Michigan. I've driven in snow deep enough that it was coming up over my hood and onto the windshield. Granted, I used to drive a rock crawler, but still, that drive is very doable.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #41571 on: December 20, 2013, 11:15:23 pm »

Reading a lot of Not Always Right, they come to seem a bit... suspect, often, or atleast exaggerated. I'm sure many of them are true, mind you, but, well.
Yeah, I generally prefer reading them like they're comedy sketches. Tends to help me switch off my suspicion meter.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41572 on: December 20, 2013, 11:20:47 pm »

two inches of snow
Dude, where are you? That's a mild Tuesday here in Michigan. I've driven in snow deep enough that it was coming up over my hood and onto the windshield. Granted, I used to drive a rock crawler, but still, that drive is very doable.
In my part of Michigan, we actually have very little snow right now - but every single road got iced over last night. Literally, undriveable. Flights got grounded, schools closed, people stayed home from their jobs because they decided it wasn't work the risk.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41573 on: December 20, 2013, 11:28:50 pm »

Today my area recieved a couple inches of snow. The bunnies were very cold.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41574 on: December 20, 2013, 11:30:36 pm »

All I got was a bunch of rain today.
This rain made what snow I had go away.
Damn it, sky.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #41575 on: December 21, 2013, 12:11:06 am »

two inches of snow

Western Washington, and I've lived in the south most of my life. And note, this was ~two inches of snow (I didn't really measure it) on the roads driving a sedan without snow tires driven by someone used to dry roads all the time.

Snow is a mysterious force that taunts my ignorance of its ways. This was literally the first time I've seen this much snow, much less driven in it. I almost got into two accidents this morning.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41576 on: December 21, 2013, 12:34:48 am »

two inches of snow

Western Washington, and I've lived in the south most of my life. And note, this was ~two inches of snow (I didn't really measure it) on the roads driving a sedan without snow tires driven by someone used to dry roads all the time.

Snow is a mysterious force that taunts my ignorance of its ways. This was literally the first time I've seen this much snow, much less driven in it. I almost got into two accidents this morning.
Just remember that packed down snow is basically a sheet of ice, so try not to drive in the tracks of other vehicles if you can avoid it. Brake early and gently, and go much slower than normal, and still expect to slide a few feet further than you intended.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41577 on: December 21, 2013, 12:37:47 am »

Sunny skies in coastal California today. Barely even any wind to speak of.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41578 on: December 21, 2013, 12:52:37 am »

Heh, continue like this, and in a few years we'll be able to interpolate a fairly accurate weather map of the US from your posts, Sirus.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41579 on: December 21, 2013, 01:43:40 am »

So I flew next to slightly drunk woman today. Luckily, it was that: "You're my best friend, man" state. The only time that it got really wired was when she commented that she wanted "to join the Mile-High club right now." It was difficult to tell if she had directed that comment at me, as she was hitting on the other guy in the row, but, at that time, was looking straight at me. Note that I am a minor. She was not.
Pages: 1 ... 2770 2771 [2772] 2773 2774 ... 11037