Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2728 2729 [2730] 2731 2732 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433404 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40935 on: December 04, 2013, 09:05:57 am »

I still struggle to understand how people like Herschey's chocolate. Tastes like Cadburys with an aftertaste of vomit.

As far as I remember, it's made with milk that's gone sour as opposed to non-bad milk. So that's why it tastes and supposedly smells odd (basically no sense of smell, myself, so I can't tell).

I think that was an apocryphal tale, created for pretty obvious reasons.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40936 on: December 04, 2013, 09:10:25 am »

I still struggle to understand how people like Herschey's chocolate. Tastes like Cadburys with an aftertaste of vomit.

As far as I remember, it's made with milk that's gone sour as opposed to non-bad milk. So that's why it tastes and supposedly smells odd (basically no sense of smell, myself, so I can't tell).

Quite possible, and most likely a falsehood, but I don't have the time nor inclanation to look it up for certain. That's what I heard, at any rate.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40937 on: December 04, 2013, 10:02:53 am »

The question is... are you a lady?

I am the cutest little princess of the Kingdom of Ivalice

Gender's sort of overrated, don't you think? I try to run on the fence as much as I can, going in either direction as it pleases me or brings me benefits from doing so. 's kind of an annoyance sometimes, but what can you do. Probably going to be able to do this for only a couple more years, too.

Still, most people at work assumed I'm male what with the voice so deep it makes my throat hurt when used too long and other things. I don't know from where the other idea could arise.

...which doesn't mean I'm clearly stating anything, mind you. Remember the fence?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40938 on: December 04, 2013, 10:04:55 am »

The question is... are you a lady?

I am the cutest little princess of the Kingdom of Ivalice

Gender's sort of overrated, don't you think? I try to run on the fence as much as I can, going in either direction as it pleases me or brings me benefits from doing so. 's kind of an annoyance sometimes, but what can you do. Probably going to be able to do this for only a couple more years, too.

Still, most people at work assumed I'm male what with the voice so deep it makes my throat hurt when used too long and other things. I don't know from where the other idea could arise.

...which doesn't mean I'm clearly stating anything, mind you. Remember the fence?

Soooo you're batman?

(Dark Knight Rises or whatever IIRC)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:07:03 am by Iceblaster »

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40939 on: December 04, 2013, 10:08:38 am »

Quite fun !

I was about to post the SAME thing on this thread because it happened to me too ! Although i'm far from the "fence", I think.

A few moments ago I've been told that I need to act more ladylike

Actually, I was told that "you should be more OFTEN ladylike", which is a bit different.
But, anyway, I still don't understand why people think they can force anybody to be different from what they want.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:13:00 am by Inarius »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40940 on: December 04, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »

Quite possible, and most likely a falsehood, but I don't have the time nor inclanation to look it up for certain. That's what I heard, at any rate.
Potentially sorta-true, actually. It's not spoiled, but they might sour it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40941 on: December 04, 2013, 12:12:46 pm »

Huh, I always wondered why hersheys chocolate always tasted a little different than others.  I was under the impression that chocolate was chocolate, kinda like how an orange is an orange regardless of brand.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40942 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39:12 pm »

The bodies of four alleged gangsters, stuffed into a parked car near President Felipe Calderon's compound in this capital city, carried a message of divine retribution:

“The wicked are denied their light, and the upraised arm is broken,” proclaimed the biblical passage, Job 38:15. Scrawled with a marker on the backs of three of the bodies, a single word — “Kidnapper.”

Apparently at some point the extended family of Mitt Romney formed a militia and started fighting the Mexican drug cartels. They are one of the reasons why the Mexican cartels love keeping control of the guns, they are a proof of concept that Mormons + guns = Mormon apocalypse raining down on their cocaine stockpiles. The Mormon magic pants must be bullet-proof or something to contain gonads that big.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40943 on: December 04, 2013, 04:10:14 pm »

I'm sick, or at least I think I'm sick, but it's strange. Whatever I am infected with can't seem to get a foothold in my system, as my only symptoms have been a somewhat dry throat and less-open-but-not-clogged sinuses.

The only thing I can think of is that I caught the flu, but my immunization mostly worked.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40944 on: December 04, 2013, 04:10:55 pm »

Mormons, like cockroaches and twinkies, will be some of the only things to survive the apocalypse.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40945 on: December 04, 2013, 05:38:36 pm »

And probably the Queen. Unless I had anything to do with the apocalypse of course...

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40946 on: December 04, 2013, 06:18:28 pm »

And probably the Queen. Unless I had anything to do with the apocalypse of course...
Not sure what your literary tastes are, but you might well enjoy Neil Gaiman's short story A Study in Emerald. It's a well-written Lovecraft/Sherlock Holmes mash up, and you'd like the description of the Queen I think.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #40947 on: December 04, 2013, 06:18:50 pm »

Mormons, like cockroaches and twinkies, will be some of the only things to survive the apocalypse.
And bottlecaps.
I was just thinking how that anecdote reminded me of the New Canaanites from the Honest Hearts DLC for F:NV.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40948 on: December 04, 2013, 06:22:15 pm »

Ehh, I really think they mean the 'characteristics stereotyped unto a lady' by that :P

Meaning..erm. More calm, or empathetic towards others or..more organized and stuff? The problem with labels is that they're commonly used, and their context usually fades and can easily be misused. >.<

...Unless they mean literally?

In my culture, when someone tells a woman that they should act more ladylike, it is because they want them to stop acting 'like a boy'.  Be quieter.  Be neater.  Smile more.  Don't run.  Don't play rough games.  Don't speak up.  Dress pretty.  Don't try to take control of the situation around you.  Don't argue.  Don't fight.  Don't mess up your hair.  Wear makeup.  Be nice.

When someone tells me I need to be more ladylike, I take it as an absolute insult, an attempt to judge and control me, and as a form of threat.  I respond as I see fit, which as a rule is never to follow the suggestion.  It -may- be appropriate for a parent to tell their little girl to act more ladylike.  From -anyone- else, I believe such a comment is completely inappropriate (and I would -never- tell a daughter to be more ladylike.  If we needed to have that talk, I'd explain the advantages of -specific- parts of 'being ladylike' - and when one SHOULD stand up for themselves instead).
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40949 on: December 04, 2013, 06:51:34 pm »

The only advantage of "Being lady-like" is the dresses.

* Descan swishes his long swishy skirt~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 2728 2729 [2730] 2731 2732 ... 11039