Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2665 2666 [2667] 2668 2669 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440861 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #39990 on: November 10, 2013, 05:42:32 pm »

Which, given the track record between Mongolia and China, isn't all that surprising. I vaguely remember the Great Wall of China being built to keep them out? Or am is my brain not braining correctly?
Manchuria and Mongolia. All the nomads basically.

Nazis can be anywhere, given the philosophy of Radical nationalism can be applied to anything. It is basically a belief that your nation above all, especially foreigners, and restructuring the government to be as centrally controlled as possible, with an eye to advancing the interests of the nation. The racism is just a way of putting your country above the others. Chauvinism as a method of running a country.
China: Not a nice country.
No it is not. Although it is better then Russia. Russia has more Neo-Nazis then any other country on earth, in the thousands.

A US gay equality blog I found on Google tells me there is a Gay Russian Neo-Nazi Party. I wouldn't recommend looking for it, but if you do, bear in mind it's very NSFW.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39991 on: November 10, 2013, 05:46:12 pm »

Mongolian Neo Nazis? Whaaaaat-
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39992 on: November 10, 2013, 05:49:48 pm »

Before we start calculating how many people the Mongolian Neo-Nazis could stab to death, I just want to interject my WTF.
Light is a wave, made up of particles that are actually tiny waves. THE WAVES ARE MADE OF SMALLER WAVES.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:54:15 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39993 on: November 10, 2013, 05:51:53 pm »

It's waves all the way down.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39994 on: November 10, 2013, 05:52:59 pm »

Mongolian Neo Nazis? Whaaaaat-
Mongolian Neo-Nazi Environmentalists. Greenwar is love, Greenwar is life.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39995 on: November 10, 2013, 05:53:45 pm »

Before we start calculating how many people the Mongolian Neo-Nazis could stab to death, I just want to interject my WTF.
Light is a wave, made up of particules that are actually tiny waves. THE WAVES ARE MADE OF SMALLER WAVES.
Do Mongolian Neo-Nazi Environmentalists use light waveception ray guns to shoot polluters and Chinese people?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39996 on: November 10, 2013, 05:57:25 pm »

Light is a wave, made up of particles that are actually tiny waves. THE WAVES ARE MADE OF SMALLER WAVES.
Not sure if true. The photons aren't known to be divisible, and wave-particle duality doesn't mean it's a wave of particles, it means that the particle is also a wave. So it seems like there's only one level of waviness. Although this is above my level of physics comprehension by a fairly extreme margin, I admit.

Unless you pulse the light source or something. That might make for some metawave argument.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39997 on: November 10, 2013, 06:34:18 pm »

Remember when people thought matter was just matter, and not divisible? Then they discovered atoms.
Remember when they said atoms were indivisible? Then they discovered sub-atomic particles.
Remember when they said subatomic particles were indivisible? Then they discovered quarks.
I'm confident that photons will be no different.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #39998 on: November 10, 2013, 06:35:44 pm »

Remember when people thought matter was just matter, and not divisible? Then they discovered atoms.
Remember when they said atoms were indivisible? Then they discovered sub-atomic particles.
Remember when they said subatomic particles were indivisible? Then they discovered quarks.
I'm confident that photons will be no different.

I believe I've read somewhere that there are a handful of physicists who believe that there is no bottom to subatomic particles, but that more and more energy is needed to go deeper and deeper, so there is a practical limit.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39999 on: November 10, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »

Infinite energy stored inside matter? Multiverse theory aw yeah.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40000 on: November 10, 2013, 06:43:49 pm »

I did say "not sure if" for a reason :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40001 on: November 10, 2013, 06:49:31 pm »

Fun fact: electrons also exhibit wave-particle duality!
Yes, I know that. And that's the reason why they can only be at certain energy levels, correct?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SilverSynch

• Bay Watcher
  • The Inconcivable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40002 on: November 10, 2013, 06:57:57 pm »

Notable: the wave that we see is actually three-dimensional, and slightly out-out-sych from different positions, but in a pattern, as it appears to us. This means we are actually seeing a spiral, like a stretched slinky.

So it's a spiral made of particles made of spirals.

I would be delighted to make a obscure reference when saying "spiral energy".

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40003 on: November 10, 2013, 07:06:33 pm »

That's hardly obscure at all.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40004 on: November 10, 2013, 07:10:58 pm »

That's hardly obscure at all.
*deadpan* Row row, fight... something. The merry stream, sure. Fight it gently. Damned cheerful water getting all up in my grill.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2665 2666 [2667] 2668 2669 ... 11040