Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2530 2531 [2532] 2533 2534 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14426658 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37965 on: September 25, 2013, 07:44:12 pm »

I think I have a much better idea of just how much blood is in a human body. I have a lot of fucking blood.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37966 on: September 25, 2013, 07:53:46 pm »

The solution, clearly, is to label it "horse meat."
But then only Mongolians and French would eat it.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37967 on: September 25, 2013, 07:55:32 pm »

Or . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #37968 on: September 25, 2013, 08:05:01 pm »

I think I have a much better idea of just how much blood is in a human body. I have a lot of fucking blood.

Babies contain a surprising amount of blood.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37969 on: September 25, 2013, 08:06:58 pm »

Actually, it dosn't taste that bad... should the meat be cheaper than cattle, I'd buy it. (Pork meat tends to upset my stomach.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37970 on: September 25, 2013, 10:05:41 pm »

I'm curious as to how scientists found this out.

'Sorry madam. We need to take your child and see how much blood is in him. He shall be returned later.'
Nup. :P

Your 'blood' is replenished everyday as the cells wear out, to say in general. And yeah, you have a "lot" of blood-but a minimum amount is needed for survival.

What the 'how much blood' means is how much can..currently be held in the body. RBCs grow and die everyday, and blood plasma requires hydration. This is stated in general, but you get the point.

Hence there are limits on how much blood you can donate at a time. [Ahahaaha blood donation death >_> No.]

Though if it's copulating blood..
Erm.

Turkey twizzlers, on the other hand, taste delicious, but are probably barely turkey.
I've always been wondering why some products are named 'chicken [food product' yet..aren't even half made of what the title says. O_o

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37971 on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:57 pm »

You might be able to die from donating blood, but it would require going to several drives in quick succession, successfully lying about previous donations, and hiding the symptoms of major blood loss from trained medical professionals.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37972 on: September 25, 2013, 10:21:02 pm »

I'm curious as to how scientists found this out.

'Sorry madam. We need to take your child and see how much blood is in him. He shall be returned later.'
Nup. :P

Your 'blood' is replenished everyday as the cells wear out, to say in general. And yeah, you have a "lot" of blood-but a minimum amount is needed for survival.

What the 'how much blood' means is how much can..currently be held in the body. RBCs grow and die everyday, and blood plasma requires hydration. This is stated in general, but you get the point.

Hence there are limits on how much blood you can donate at a time. [Ahahaaha blood donation death >_> No.]

Though if it's copulating blood..
Erm.
That's good to know, but what does it have to do with the amount of blood in the average infant?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37973 on: September 25, 2013, 10:37:37 pm »

That's good to know, but what does it have to do with the amount of blood in the average infant?
. . .
I feel hurt. And the statement in context wasn't a question as it was stated...generally. "Surprising amount of blood in an infant" is really, really vague. >_>

Approximately (as you can't say in exacts, but say in a range), the amount in liters equal about ~8% of your body weight in kilograms. Many other factors come in here to adjust the range or volume, but..there you go. [Place of residence//altitude from sea level//gender//age//health condition...]

You might be able to die from donating blood, but it would require going to several drives in quick succession, successfully lying about previous donations, and hiding the symptoms of major blood loss from trained medical professionals.
I detect a 'No you really can't die in any proper blood collection even if you tried.' here. :P

Because collection protocol. You'd be screened before all that~

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37974 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

You go to proper blood drives? Pah! I go to blood drives where the needles are so used dipping them in a vat of HIV positive blood actually makes them more safe, the doctors are all former KGB torturers, and it all takes place in the living room of a crackhouse.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37975 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:44 pm »

The doctors being trained torturers wouldn't be all that bad. Any torturer worth his salt would know just as much about what not to do as what to do.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37976 on: September 25, 2013, 11:00:17 pm »

Thanks for re-railing this conversation. :P

You go to proper blood drives? Pah! I go to blood drives where the needles are so used dipping them in a vat of HIV positive blood actually makes them more safe, the doctors are all former KGB torturers, and it all takes place in the living room of a crackhouse.

. . .
Yep.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37977 on: September 26, 2013, 01:34:38 am »

Horse DNA, that would be.
Who eats horses? The meat is too tough.
The majority of Europe. Well, not intentionally, but they eat it.
I'll have you know that we know fully well that our meat is made of horse, and probably is totally delicious too. I wouldn't know. I prefer beef or chicken.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37978 on: September 26, 2013, 02:50:18 am »

I think one of the main causes of controversy with horse meat is that it's somehow against the Christian religion to eat it.
Not sure why not, or even how true that is(I just read it somewhere, after all), but obviously the Christian religion is pretty dang popular. :P I can see why companies wouldn't be labelling their horsemeat as horsemeat and marketing it to the public.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37979 on: September 26, 2013, 03:02:45 am »

The controversy was that there was not the kind of meat that was advertised inside the meatstuffs that people were eating, due to terribly lax standards in quality control. That, and the whole "ermagehrd they're feeding us horse HOW COULD THEY" but that's just idiots making a fuss because there's nothing inherently wrong with horse.
Pages: 1 ... 2530 2531 [2532] 2533 2534 ... 11039