Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2513 2514 [2515] 2516 2517 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442329 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #37710 on: September 18, 2013, 09:52:02 pm »

It really looks green to me... I mean a see a little bit of blue at the bottom but when I look close I see more green than blue...

It's a little hard to tell given it's pretty much white in the middle.

EDIT: Wait, I looked again and saw it as blue... then I looked again and saw the top as green and the bottom as blue... I think my eyes are playing tricks on me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 09:53:40 pm by Pnx »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37711 on: September 18, 2013, 09:57:04 pm »

Well, there's no such thing as blue-green colorblindness, so that's not it. It's only red-green or yellow-blue.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37712 on: September 18, 2013, 09:59:39 pm »

I'm guessing monitor shenanigans. Not all display colors the same, and that lightsaber is definitely teal-ish and easily misinterpreted as green.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37713 on: September 18, 2013, 10:11:18 pm »

It's not even remotely teal. It's electric blue, the same blue as every other blue lightsaber there has ever been.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #37714 on: September 18, 2013, 10:18:24 pm »

I think the lightsaber colors were a play on those posters.

Spoiler: you know, these (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #37715 on: September 18, 2013, 10:26:18 pm »

I thought the lightsaber was a play on democrat and republican party colors.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #37716 on: September 19, 2013, 12:37:15 am »

I'm attracting some rather eccentric company here at college. There's the girl from Nigeria (of Indian parentage, and speaks English natively) who's off her lithium because she wants to feel all the feelings in the world instead of just anger, and her best friend bassoon player who has a "martyr complex" that leads him to throw himself in front of cars and has a "self-induced" schizotic headmate named Brandon. They're involved in some sort of love dodecagon with another guy named Pablo and Pablo's roommate, who was the Nigerian girl's ex whom she keeps running back to and breaking up with while having a crush on Pablo, except that Pablo hates her because his roommate keeps spreading lies about her to him, or something like that. Then there's the classmate who has a flask of alcohol she carries around with her constantly to mix into drinks at meals and asked me today if I had any painkillers after class...except she had already taken something before class, and was trying to figure out where she'd put her car (she'd completely forgotten, hopefully from absentmindedness rather than the aforementioned cocktail) so she could zip over to her job directly afterwards... I'm kind of worried about her, actually. We'd been hitting it off fairly well.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 12:51:28 am by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37717 on: September 19, 2013, 01:03:18 am »

You wouldn't happen to live inside some kind of sitcom?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #37718 on: September 19, 2013, 01:06:58 am »

You wouldn't happen to live inside some kind of sitcom?

Well, tonight I blew off an assignment for Linguistics 101 to help babysit a completely hammered frat guy who thought the girl we were hanging out with was Miley Cyrus, so it's looking increasingly possible.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #37719 on: September 19, 2013, 02:33:17 am »

I thought the lightsaber was a play on democrat and republican party colors.
LoL. And I thought it was a play on most Jedi's having a blue-greenish color saber and the Sith generally having red colored sabers, indicating the president's good start, but he's quite evil now.

The saber shows you what you want to see.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37720 on: September 19, 2013, 02:36:01 am »

I thought it was fabulous.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37722 on: September 19, 2013, 04:47:59 am »

Silly Germans . . .
Is that weird? We got a bunch of those too.

We got frog tunnels.
We got thousands of school kids manually carrying the frogs over the streets each year.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37723 on: September 19, 2013, 07:34:21 am »

Same thing, really.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #37724 on: September 19, 2013, 01:04:51 pm »

Today and Yesterday so many kids were trying to download IOS7 onto their ipads that the school had to increase blockage and slow down the wifi to make them stop it.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 2513 2514 [2515] 2516 2517 ... 11040