Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2403 2404 [2405] 2406 2407 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432286 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #36060 on: August 09, 2013, 06:30:38 pm »

We have the same law here. A guy my dad worked with was arrested after his wife stabbed him.
Please tell me what place you live in do I can never go there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36061 on: August 09, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »

Ohio, here. They let him go fairly quickly, as they only arrested him due to a mandatory "arrest-the-man" law (which was put in place for the best of intentions, mind you. Back in the day, it was fairly easy for a guy to convince the cops to side with him, so the law took that option away), and she was "encouraged" not to press charges.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36062 on: August 09, 2013, 06:54:43 pm »

That is kind of the deal with a LOT of laws that are gender based.

A lot of them are there because of a flaw in the system or one that existed at the time the law was created.

When that problem is patched the law becomes a nearly impossible to remove law tumor.

Don't get me wrong, I am not referring to just laws towards women. Some states actually had to mandate that police HAD to take restraining orders seriously because of how hard it was for a man to get a restraining order against a woman.

It is kind of the give and take with specific laws that are set up to defend others in changing circumstances. They work within that period of time (that can be anywhere from a year to decades) but once that is over good luck getting it removed or updated.

I mean to me "Hate Crimes" are a temporary law created to be removed later, yet a lot of people consider them to be permanent laws. Mind you there are arguments, good arguments, for why they should be permanent laws, I won't lie about that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:01:27 pm by Neonivek »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36063 on: August 09, 2013, 10:21:46 pm »

I mean to me "Hate Crimes" are a temporary law created to be removed later, yet a lot of people consider them to be permanent laws. Mind you there are arguments, good arguments, for why they should be permanent laws, I won't lie about that.

It is quite sobering to know that any intense expression of hatred made on a medium with ears is a criminal act that should face the force of the judicial system.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36064 on: August 09, 2013, 10:39:41 pm »

It is quite sobering to know that any intense expression of hatred made on a medium with ears is a criminal act that should face the force of the judicial system.
You really need to look up the definition of "hate crime".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36065 on: August 09, 2013, 10:55:10 pm »

You really need to look up the definition of "hate crime".
My mistake, confused it with the much worse and vaguer hate speech laws.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36066 on: August 10, 2013, 12:11:39 am »

Plus, there actually are things stopping men from simply leaving... like kids, as I mentioned before.  My understanding is throughout most of the U.S., the only way a women won't get primary custody of her children is if she's a felon or directly states that she doesn't want it.  So when the man leaves, he's dooming his children to live alone with an abusive mother, who is now likely to be extra stressed and have no one but the children to take it out on.

And I really don't understand how men are supposed to be able to defend themselves when they can be charged with abuse at the drop of a hat.  In my state, it's mandatory policy to arrest the man in any domestic abuse call, even if there's zero indication that the man has done anything wrong and the woman admits to abusive behavior.  I've known somebody who spent a night in jail under such circumstances.
State by state indeed. NY has gender-neutral laws here, and I suppose I've seen only the bad side of it. I mean, I know it's probably better in general, but the fact that a persuasive and assertive spouse often has the upper-hand in telling the story is not a good one. Hell, my mom was the one kicked out of our apartment for a couple of months, not my charming, sociopathic father*, and I still have some scars left from that time (Physical ones mind. Small ones, but still). And even visitation is to much time with some abusers.

The courts are not equipped to make  more accurately fitting case-by-case decisions, and abusers can gain the advantage by squeezing through the holes.

*She actually still raised us then, as he often simply called her up and told her he was leaving, and that she should probably watch us.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36067 on: August 10, 2013, 12:12:44 am »

WTF: The career mode of Madden 13 is broken. This shouldn't really surprise me, because I've done this before, but I just racked up over 600 yards on the ground in one game. As a backup-quality rookie player. The defense keyed on me from the first 5 minutes of the game, and I still ran all over them. Ridiculous.

The career mode is supposed to be revamped for "Madden 25" which is the new installment coming out this month, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't mean to interrupt here, but damn. Are there any other games this positively broken that you guys know of?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36068 on: August 10, 2013, 12:36:37 am »

At the risk of stating the obvious, Big Rigs is pretty much the end all, be all of broken.
Yeah. I'm going to bring it up anyway, because I love doing it.
Released in a seemingly incomplete and buggy state, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing became infamous for its complete lack of collision detection, non-existent AI (as the computer opponent does not move, or otherwise participate in the "race" at all), extremely abnormal physics, and its victory screen—an image of a trophy accompanied by the typoed caption "YOU'RE WINNER !".[63]

Big Rigs was listed as one of the worst games ever made by GameSpot,[63] Thunderbolt,[64] and Netjak,[65] and received the lowest possible scores from all three. Alex Navarro opened his review of Big Rigs for GameSpot by stating that the game was "as bad as your mind allows you to comprehend."[63] His video review contained no narration whatsoever, consisting of in-game footage interspersed with wider shots showing Navarro staring in disbelief, crying, and beating his head on a desk.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:39:11 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36069 on: August 10, 2013, 12:38:12 am »

I really meant exploitable-broken, not broken-broken. Otherwise I would have just posted Superman 64 and left it at that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #36070 on: August 10, 2013, 12:39:11 am »

My brain hurts from that terrible BBCode.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #36071 on: August 10, 2013, 12:53:34 am »

Fun fact. Some of the people originally involved with working on Big Rigs were involved with the WarZ (Now changed to Infestation: Survivor Stories) game that came out and completely bombed due to the bugs and rushed nature of the game. Not as bad as Big Rigs, but still funny.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36072 on: August 10, 2013, 12:56:35 am »

-my brother farts-
Me: Bless you.

Me: -facepalms-
My brother: -snickers-
Black lives matter.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36073 on: August 10, 2013, 01:23:15 am »

Wasn't the "Bless You" thing due to your soul being vulnerable to demons in the moment you sneeze?

Given that, I think it's entirely plausible that demons could attack your soul via the butt as well. Good call on the fart-blessing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36074 on: August 10, 2013, 01:24:50 am »

Holy crap late-night ABC is basically a tabloid.
Pages: 1 ... 2403 2404 [2405] 2406 2407 ... 11039