Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2389 2390 [2391] 2392 2393 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439572 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35850 on: August 03, 2013, 08:02:49 am »

I just got a YouTube ad that said:
"Does somebody owe you money?
Hire me on *website* and you'll get it back quickly.
Very quickly. "

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuut
The mafia's on youtube now. After the credit crunch the mafia found it was more profitable to give people affordable loans to help repay their monthly debts.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35851 on: August 03, 2013, 08:28:12 am »

Just had somebody explain to me what "Honey Boo Boo" is supposed to be.... Watched it briefly, emphasis on briefly.

America: we went from Shirley Temple to Honey Boo Boo. What the hell happened?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35852 on: August 03, 2013, 08:37:08 am »

Reality TV hit (badly stereotyped) white trash america, apparently. I haven't actually watched more than, like, a commercial, so I couldn't really say. Nor am I going to put myself in a position to speak with anything approaching authority regarding that particular piece of abomination. It's among the many reasons I haven't willingly turned on a TV for many months.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35853 on: August 03, 2013, 08:40:36 am »

America: we went from Shirley Temple to Honey Boo Boo. What the hell happened?
Well, to my understanding, and I could be incredibly mistaken here, but Shirley Temple didn't have it much better in her younger years. The main difference would be the lens they were filmed through, one trying to promote the perfect little angle, and the other some drama.

Or not, I don't know, I wasn't there for either really.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #35854 on: August 03, 2013, 09:00:24 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/german-drag-queen-sews-mouth-shut-russia_n_3695601.html?ir=Gay+Voices
(Graphic images/video in link.)

Lady sews her mouth shut in protest of the anti-gay stuff going down in Russia. Literally sews her mouth shut. The world, man.
So, how's she gonna eat or drink?

I think the article or another article said that she took it out afterwards, and that it healed completely except for some bruising. Still, though.
Okay, I think there is probably a way of getting your point across without body horror through some other stunt. Like, A Rubix cube time bomb. That could be fun.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35855 on: August 03, 2013, 09:01:54 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/german-drag-queen-sews-mouth-shut-russia_n_3695601.html?ir=Gay+Voices

Lady sews her mouth shut in protest of the anti-gay stuff going down in Russia. Literally sews her mouth shut. The world, man.

I think the article or another article said that she took it out afterwards, and that it healed completely except for some bruising. Still, though.
Okay, I think there is probably a way of getting your point across without body horror through some other stunt. Like, A Rubix cube time bomb. That could be fun.
Without body horror
Bomb

???

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #35856 on: August 03, 2013, 09:06:29 am »

Without body horror
Bomb

???
Yes, but those are just injuries. Random gore and violence is okay because you see that all the time. Sewing your mouth is rarer to say the least.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35857 on: August 03, 2013, 01:08:04 pm »

Which makes the point rather more effective, wouldn't you say?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35858 on: August 03, 2013, 05:18:08 pm »

A couple of years ago, me and my family moved from a flat in the town to a then newly-built house in... hard to describe. Village transforming into suburbs. However, we're repainting the flat to rent it out after the previous tenants fucked it up a bit.

So yesterday I've been helping out with it and I accidentally touched a halogen worklight which, being pretty hot, left me a small burn.

Shaped like :(
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35859 on: August 03, 2013, 05:25:08 pm »

Well, at least the worklight wasn't smug, then it would have left a :) mark.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35860 on: August 03, 2013, 05:26:34 pm »

Well, at least the worklight wasn't smug, then it would have left a :) mark.

True. At least it looks sorry.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35861 on: August 03, 2013, 07:05:25 pm »

Misko, are you secretly a Batman villain?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35862 on: August 03, 2013, 08:02:53 pm »

Isn't that a bit bigoted? Can't a guy manufacture puzzle-bombs in a volcano base shaped like a skull AND NOT BE CALLED A VILLAIN? Sheesh.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35863 on: August 03, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »

Isn't that a bit bigoted? Can't a guy manufacture puzzle-bombs in a volcano base shaped like a skull AND NOT BE CALLED A VILLAIN? Sheesh.

can't a guy just listen to his mindfucking music while having his head in a fish tank and casually stroll by the bakery aisle absolutely not thinking of aiding the guy who's currently stealing 40 cakes without being thought of as one of the sickest fucks in the multiverse this is what xenophobia is all about

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35864 on: August 03, 2013, 08:09:40 pm »

Isn't that a bit bigoted? Can a guy manufacture puzzle-bombs in a volcano base shaped like a skull AND NOT BE CALLED A VILLAIN? Sheesh.
FTFY, otherwise the answer is yes because he isn't doing any of those things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2389 2390 [2391] 2392 2393 ... 11040