Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2203 2204 [2205] 2206 2207 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450819 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #33060 on: June 02, 2013, 02:03:21 am »

I asked for more details about the entire thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you are looking at this stuff and thinking something like, "Man, she is crazy as hell"... But from where I'm sitting I live in a world where people believe that an omnipotent super-being judges them and sets aside two lives they live after they have ceased to live this one, one for those who followed all the set strictures, and one for the murderers, arsonists, and people who did not use their reproductive organs in the exact way they were intended to be used, etc...

I may not share these beliefs, but who am I to say these people are wrong?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33061 on: June 02, 2013, 04:22:08 am »

Not unexpectedly, it makes a lot more sense with some context :P

Her medium friend got her into wiccan (which mostly seems to involve invoking names and buying crystals, from what impressions I've gotten of it)...

I've known some people who identified as Wiccans, but I don't think any of them were really deeply into it.  It's not a very well-defined or structured thing.  Sort of a new agey pagan spiritualism.  The common thread seems to be belief in animals having real souls, intelligence, and worth, and a reverence for natural cycles.  It's always seemed very positive to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33062 on: June 02, 2013, 06:22:39 am »

Weird things suddenly started happening with my computer. Web pages kept reporting that my internet connection wasn't working, despite other indicators it was. Not sure if related, but there's a folder in the C:\Users\ folder I didn't put there, it looks like a user folder named UpdatusUser, but I can't delete it("It's open in another program"). I looked at the User Management thing in the Control Panel, and there's a user there that doesn't match the new folder in C:\Users\, but it looks like the default account that shipped with the OS. Not sure if I should try and delete that.

Things are running a bit slow, but I have been running two virus scanners for the past hour. Malwarebytes didn't find anything, avast! is about halfway done, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33063 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:15 am »

I just saw my cat lying next to another cat somewhere in the garden. He's castrated and I don't think I've ever seen him be friendly to other cats.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #33064 on: June 02, 2013, 08:18:41 am »

I always much preferred After Man: A Zoology of the Future. Focused on animals instead of humans, and while still outlandish had a lot less of the nutty stuff like the genetic memory and ESP from Man After Man. Also it's written more like a fieldbook or something rather than a narrative.

Also the Rabbucks and Predator Rats look cool, and I've always loved these guys, who look a bit like a Pokémon out of your nightmares. There was also a penguin that was also a whale, and a whole island of bats gone horribly wrong.
OH GOD THE BATS. I REMEMBER THE FREAKING BATS.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33065 on: June 02, 2013, 08:57:42 am »

I looked at my clock and almost panicked when I saw it said it was almost 10:00... AM. It feels like it should be much later, but it's still morning.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33066 on: June 02, 2013, 10:21:21 am »

I'm all caught up on Attack on Titan.

Holy shit this manga is all over the place.  Constant big reveals that just make you scream "WHAT SERIOUSLY BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE".  But really it does make sense, but not in a way that gives any clues as to what the fuck is really going on!  My head is spinning with all the mystery this story has woven.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:24:12 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #33067 on: June 02, 2013, 11:07:33 pm »

Australian wildlife. Also, Puppy pregnancy syndrome.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:10:00 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33068 on: June 03, 2013, 12:35:37 am »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33069 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:48 am »

I hear acid also works. Kinda...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33070 on: June 03, 2013, 01:10:00 am »

Do this google search:
intitle:"VNC Viewer for Java"
Every single result is a VNC you can use to spy on or control someone else's computer while they do stuff. I mean, good god. Bachmann trains, international capital, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, its all there. You'd think this stuff would be better protected.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33071 on: June 03, 2013, 01:13:03 am »

I was conversing with a friend earlier, and having nothing to do, we got into the topic of 'vs' battles. For some reason, we ended up pitting Batman vs Cthulhu.
He is somehow convinced that Batman would win.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33072 on: June 03, 2013, 01:14:44 am »

I was conversing with a friend earlier, and having nothing to do, we got into the topic of 'vs' battles. For some reason, we ended up pitting Batman vs Cthulhu.
He is somehow convinced that Batman would win.

It is this dumb trend that "Batman can beat anyone if he prepares"

Though given that an awakened Cthulhu is unbeatable... and I mean outright unbeatable... I am going to go with Cthulhu here.

I mean what is Batman going to do? What can he do? WHAT physical thing could he do to Cthulhu that would even slow him down?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33073 on: June 03, 2013, 01:16:51 am »

Apparently strap Big C onto a rocket and shoot him into the sun.
The fact that Cthulhu is the size of a mountain didn't seem to matter to him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33074 on: June 03, 2013, 01:21:27 am »

Apparently strap Big C onto a rocket and shoot him into the sun.
The fact that Cthulhu is the size of a mountain didn't seem to matter to him.

Ignoring that Cthulhu can survive that, can escape any bonds he uses, and is too heavy for any earthly rocket to hold.

Anyhow sounds like he was just trying to annoy you. Since even I can think of better ways Batman could have attempted to win.
Pages: 1 ... 2203 2204 [2205] 2206 2207 ... 11040