Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1918 1919 [1920] 1921 1922 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14426233 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28785 on: March 12, 2013, 01:41:32 pm »

At least it was built to be a special sweeper, rather than a physical one. Its Attack was, like, thirty.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28786 on: March 12, 2013, 01:49:46 pm »

The comments for this video.
This is probably even worse than ChristWire for people not getting it. I'm going to have to guess that the majority of the commentors didn't watch the video at all, because it is so far out that I don't think that anyone could think it's serious.

Does, "He has a bubble of hate around him so powerful that it can bend spacetime, giving him the appearance of an 8 year old." sound like a quote from an at all believable video to you?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28787 on: March 12, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »

Kinda' wondering if it's more of a south-florida thing or not, though. I can't recall any mosquitoes of unusual size. There are some zebra lookin' ones that are pretty common, but they're not notably larger than the normal bastards insofar as I can recall, nor do they bite harder. Maybe we've got tiny ones in my area or somethin'.
WOAH WOAH WOAH

ZEBRA LOOKING MOSQUITOS? This does not bode well. Are they native, or in other words, have they been around for longer than 50 years?

Otherwise you may have some brix to shit. In Malaysia they're called black and white mosquitos and are indigenous to Indonesia. They carry gargantuan amounts of disease, can lay their eggs near running water, bite rapidly and feed on multiple persons and it's rather common to hear of people dying as a result. Spiders - of which there are much more than Australia and with more potent venoms to boot are allowed to make their homes in whatever corner they like because they eat the mosquitos.

Kill them. Kill all the mosquitos with fire. Put mosquitofish in all your ponds.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28788 on: March 12, 2013, 02:14:22 pm »

I managed to cut myself with an electric razor.

What.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28789 on: March 12, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »

The article about Florida giant mostiquoes said they don't carry human diseases. And that they aren't native.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28790 on: March 12, 2013, 02:19:00 pm »

ZEBRA LOOKING MOSQUITOS? This does not bode well. Are they native, or in other words, have they been around for longer than 50 years?
Tiger mosquitos live over much of the eastern United States, though that isn't part of their native range (they've been there since the mid 1980's). Also note that while they can breed in flowing water, they generally prefer not to, and any water that contains minnows will probably be safe due to the minnows eating the mosquito larva. They are a notable disease vector though, so while you shouldn't be freaking otu completely about them being there, you probably should take any preventative steps that are possible to reduce their presence around your house.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28791 on: March 12, 2013, 02:25:53 pm »

I thank God for a spouse with RSI, then.
*shrugs* There's nothing on here that I haven't told my girlfriend. I mean, aside from the ability to punch out sharks. She's speculated about it, but I haven't confirmed it for her.
That must have been an interesting conversation. "Hey honey, there's this Internet forum where I'm considered a larger-than-life facepunching demigod. Also, there's an alternate me from a future timeline. Or I'm a future him. I forget which."
Wasn't Misko previously speculated to be an alternate version of me or some such?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28792 on: March 12, 2013, 02:26:26 pm »

Brit rescues kids by wrestling shark while on vacation for stress.  Gets canned.  As if stress is a physical ailment or something that would prevent him from being able to do that...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28793 on: March 12, 2013, 02:30:14 pm »

Brit rescues kids by wrestling shark while on vacation for stress.  Gets canned.  As if stress is a physical ailment or something that would prevent him from being able to do that...
Wait. Wait.
He got FIRED for WRESTLING A SHARK?! What the hell kind of company is that?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28794 on: March 12, 2013, 02:38:19 pm »

Tiger mosquitos live over much of the eastern United States, though that isn't part of their native range (they've been there since the mid 1980's). Also note that while they can breed in flowing water, they generally prefer not to, and any water that contains minnows will probably be safe due to the minnows eating the mosquito larva. They are a notable disease vector though, so while you shouldn't be freaking otu completely about them being there, you probably should take any preventative steps that are possible to reduce their presence around your house.
TIS' AN UNDERSTATEMENT

NO ONE HAS MINNOWS

NO ONE!

In any case good luck Eastern Americabros

Prepare your spiders

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28795 on: March 12, 2013, 02:43:32 pm »

I think pathos has finally began to go the way of magma jokes.

There's a reason I didn't feel comfortable making a straight Pathos joke ;)
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28796 on: March 12, 2013, 02:50:24 pm »

I see Minnows in almost all large bodies of water on the East Coast.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28797 on: March 12, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »

Anyone here read arabic?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=311857638916798&set=a.119310908171473.13457.102621139840450&type=3&theater

Id like a translation, please.

Below the pic is, according to google translate:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:04:15 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28798 on: March 12, 2013, 03:05:41 pm »

I've been reading wikipedia... Deep-fried Twinkie? Honestly?

* Haspen looks to links.

Deep-fried Mars Bar?

* Haspen blank stares. -4 to SAN.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28799 on: March 12, 2013, 03:06:35 pm »

I see Minnows in almost all [large bodies of water] on the East Coast.
They lay their eggs in stagnant water. Any stagnant water. Puddles. Ponds. Pools. Roofs. Tires. Plastic bags. Birdbaths. Pots. All the things.
Pages: 1 ... 1918 1919 [1920] 1921 1922 ... 11039