Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1655 1656 [1657] 1658 1659 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474699 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24840 on: December 31, 2012, 10:09:08 am »

Can we get an edit of Greatorder's old avatar with an anti-fap hat?
This one?

Yep, that one.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24841 on: December 31, 2012, 10:39:57 am »

EDIT: Cool, I got 10 xp for throwing him off a cliff.

Does that make you a black widow?

Tv Tropes link,  I regret NOTHING!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24842 on: December 31, 2012, 10:54:11 am »

EDIT: Cool, I got 10 xp for throwing him off a cliff.

Does that make you a black widow?

Tv Tropes link,  I regret NOTHING!

Actually, i'm not a woman. So i'm not exactly fitted to that definition.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24843 on: December 31, 2012, 11:03:57 am »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24844 on: December 31, 2012, 12:31:02 pm »

I guess I just don't understand people, or rather I think very differently than they do.

I get a guy who just got another lawyer instead of me very early on a case. It happens, but I didn't expect it this time. I can see what happened.

What he was charged with wasn't clear. Namely, how many prior offenses he had and if they counted (there's a time limit). This is absolutely key because it effects potential minimum punishment and the amount of work to do (the amount of money any lawyer would charge is more for several repeat offenses than a first time in DUI).

I tell him on Saturday I will look it up and call him back on Sunday at a time of his choosing. I call him back right on time (give or take a minute or two). He is not in the system at all yet. I spoke to an officer friend of mine who very correctly said it's the end of the year and between budget and people taking time off, yeah it's not gonna be punched into the computer yet. This is a problem, because if I don't know exactly what he's charged with, then I can't advise him. I tell the guy I don't know what's going on without the records but I'll be in the records office first thing Monday morning to get the records needed. Police records office have nothing. Clerk of Courts has nothing. Finally I get into the prosecutor's office, the clerk there has nothing and I have to talk directly to prosecutor, he has it....

Right as I'm finally looking at the records for the guy, he calls me to say he's found another lawyer.... I say that's ok, and no charge for what I've done, and to make sure your new lawyer goes and gets the records straight from the prosecutor, because between it being new year's eve and tomorrow being new years day, there's no way they'll have this in the system soon enough for your court date, so make sure he can get the records by coming straight to the horse's mouth.

..... Well, there goes a case....

How I looked at it:

If I were accused of a crime, I would feel better if the lawyer jumped right on it, was honest with me about the problems of the case and how to fix it, called back right when he said he would, did what he said he would when he said he would, didn't bullshit me, and apparently cared. (Go ahead and find a lawyer digging around for case things on Sunday, doesn't happen much). And if I'm not in the computer yet, then that means my lawyer is working faster than the police....

How he looked at it:

All he heard was "I don't know" out of context and out of my mouth and the rest was too much information.

I don't get it. Many people complain that their lawyer never talks to them, or tells them what's going on, that they don't return phone calls or that they can't get ahold of 'em. I guess people just wanna hear, "everything's gonna be fine" at first even when it isn't necessarily true.... [shrugs].
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:32:38 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24845 on: December 31, 2012, 01:40:03 pm »

People rarely want to hear anything else and will flock to those who tell them everything fine even when it's obviously not.

People can be kind of stupid. :/
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24846 on: December 31, 2012, 02:45:43 pm »

So Half-Priced Books shipped me a "new" copy of Pokemon White today as per my sister's order as a Christmas gift.

Turns out it's a bootleg. The selector button says Spongebob Squarepants at the DS intro and it takes like ten seconds to load.

Wat.
woah bootleg ds games? thats possible? O_o

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24847 on: December 31, 2012, 02:49:29 pm »

So Half-Priced Books shipped me a "new" copy of Pokemon White today as per my sister's order as a Christmas gift.

Turns out it's a bootleg. The selector button says Spongebob Squarepants at the DS intro and it takes like ten seconds to load.

Wat.
Why wouldn't it be?  ???
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24848 on: December 31, 2012, 02:49:36 pm »

Wat.
Well, its possible to make an action replay, and flash carts that show up as a game (my friend's acekard 2i shows up as Chessmaster), so while they probably don't work as well, I wouldn't count out bootleg games. I wouldn't pay for one, though; if I can't find a game anywhere I could just borrow my friend's acekard for a few days.

Bootleg 3DS games on the otherhand, much less likely. You can actually update the 3DS, which is going to cause problems for whatever hax are required.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24849 on: December 31, 2012, 02:51:15 pm »

Wat.
Why wouldn't it be?  ???
Well i know about flashcarts but i dont know any that spoofs an actual ds card. Mind taking a pic of the game card?

Bootleg 3DS games won't happen due to the encryption drm nintendo decided to use, the roms exist but we still cant use them, plus the roms are fricking huge compared to their ds predecessors.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:53:48 pm by Tellemurius »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24850 on: December 31, 2012, 02:58:17 pm »

Sister says no on the photos, sorry.
what its not like im asking for scandalous pics :P

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #24851 on: December 31, 2012, 03:17:50 pm »

Dude, this is like the start of a creepypasta, you need to play through the whole thing or else.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24852 on: December 31, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »

Dude, this is like the start of a creepypasta, you need to play through the whole thing or else.
^^^^^^
This.

I'll be waiting to hear how Pikachu keeps looking at you weird, and occasionally he eats another Pokemon in gory fashion while chanting in a strange alien language.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #24853 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:00 pm »

Or every time you win a battle the trainer dies.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24854 on: December 31, 2012, 03:49:57 pm »

This is exactly like the one about Majora's Mask though.

Stop posting if it looks infectious, all we need is for everyone on Bay12 to be psychologically tortured as you will be. Of course have fun and don't forget to write it down
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1655 1656 [1657] 1658 1659 ... 11037