Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1567 1568 [1569] 1570 1571 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493970 times)

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #23520 on: December 04, 2012, 03:54:34 pm »

Saw a commercial for the newer version of Battleship (the board game, movie edition of course.)

Besides the game looking stupid, having elements of the movie forced into it, (super moves, really?)
the commercial is laced with clips from the movie to entice kiddies.

I swear that at the end of the commercial the announcer says "Movie footage not included in the game."

WELL NO SHIT.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23521 on: December 04, 2012, 04:08:34 pm »

Wait, that movie was ACTUALLY about Battleships?!!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23522 on: December 04, 2012, 04:09:36 pm »

Wait, that movie was ACTUALLY about Battleships?!!
Could have fooled me.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23523 on: December 04, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »

Yeah, it was a movie based on the board game "Battleships"  you know, the "B - 2" ...  " you sunk my battleship" game.

There was a scene in the movie where they had to look at a grid and guess where the enemy was and fire, 
but the movie was also about aliens.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23524 on: December 04, 2012, 04:18:07 pm »

Yeah, it was a movie based on the board game "Battleships"  you know, the "B - 2" ...  " you sunk my battleship" game.

There was a scene in the movie where they had to look at a grid and guess where the enemy was and fire, 
but the movie was also about aliens.
I know, but it took so very long to get to that point, and that part wasn't even very long. IT's like EVERYTHING before, setup. and then BAM! They hae to include battleships in it for soem reason, so they get a battleship. And old people. Also aliens. And I think a crippled guy beat a bunch of aliens up. It's all a blur.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23525 on: December 04, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »

Saw a commercial for the newer version of Battleship (the board game, movie edition of course.)

Besides the game looking stupid, having elements of the movie forced into it, (super moves, really?)
the commercial is laced with clips from the movie to entice kiddies.

I swear that at the end of the commercial the announcer says "Movie footage not included in the game."

WELL NO SHIT.
So, its the Star Wars battleship game, but instead of thematic ships and extra kinds of moves that were interesting, they just shoved the movie into the game and expect people to buy it? They should stop taking tips from wii shovelware games.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23526 on: December 04, 2012, 04:37:33 pm »

What made me go "What the fuck?" in a good way today would be that out of the three beautiful healthy-looking women that I saw during my thirty minute trip to the store that two of them smiled at me and said hello. What did I do to deserve this kind of good fortune?

...Upon telling my roommate the ordained minister and local artist who is always giving me advice with women he said the only thing I did wrong was not asking for their phone numbers. I don't know, I guess I regret nothing but I'm just glad I got to see such gentle beauty today even if it did count as a "What the fuck?" moment.

inb4 someone asks what I mean by healthy, I mean not twig-like as how Western culture perceives beauty in this day and age. Fuck you Industrial Revolution and fuck you Great Depression for making society look down on the curvy, the big-boned, the voluptuous and the stocky! I can't even find pants in my size outside of the Big and Tall section at Marshalls because of you two assholes!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23527 on: December 04, 2012, 04:45:48 pm »

What made me go "What the fuck?" in a good way today would be that out of the three beautiful healthy-looking women that I saw during my thirty minute trip to the store that two of them smiled at me and said hello. What did I do to deserve this kind of good fortune?

...Upon telling my roommate the ordained minister and local artist who is always giving me advice with women he said the only thing I did wrong was not asking for their phone numbers. I don't know, I guess I regret nothing but I'm just glad I got to see such gentle beauty today even if it did count as a "What the fuck?" moment.

inb4 someone asks what I mean by healthy, I mean not twig-like as how Western culture perceives beauty in this day and age. Fuck you Industrial Revolution and fuck you Great Depression for making society look down on the curvy, the big-boned, the voluptuous and the stocky! I can't even find pants in my size outside of the Big and Tall section at Marshalls because of you two assholes!
harhar.  This is my 'good' wtf.  Its funny because my waist size is a 30inch.
How big is big?  pleasantly plump?  Or lustfully large?  I don't mind a girl of 130lbs or w.e., but I prefer them to be in the 140-160 range, depending on their muscle mass.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23529 on: December 04, 2012, 05:05:50 pm »

That's beautiful.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23530 on: December 04, 2012, 05:11:12 pm »

You just made my day, kai.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23531 on: December 04, 2012, 05:49:49 pm »

Ha ha, cock.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23532 on: December 05, 2012, 09:40:25 am »

One word: Japan.

...I will leave it at that.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #23533 on: December 05, 2012, 09:51:09 am »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23534 on: December 05, 2012, 10:17:18 am »

harhar.  This is my 'good' wtf.  Its funny because my waist size is a 30inch.
How big is big?  pleasantly plump?  Or lustfully large?  I don't mind a girl of 130lbs or w.e., but I prefer them to be in the 140-160 range, depending on their muscle mass.

Eh well, the first woman was a Caucasian with wavy black hair wearing a forest green hoodie and light denim jeans. She had an ass that was fifty inches or greater in size. The second woman was a short and chubby Caucasian woman with wavy black hair wearing a black blouse and demin jeans. She had breasts larger than my head. The third woman was a slightly taller chubby Caucasian woman with wavy blonde hair dyed pink wearing glasses, a black hoodie and black denim jeans. She had quite generous proportions but what really got me was her pink hair.

If you couldn't tell my standards for what is healthy predate the ridiculous standards put in place by the Industrial Revolution and the Great Depression, going back to a time where it was considered healthy and beautiful to be plump and big-boned. Society tends to value excessively thin and light-boned individuals and bases everything around such people because of those two events, and I don't like that very much at all. I've heard that it's actually worse to be too thin or too lean than to be healthily plump like the women I saw yesterday and I figure that as long as you take care of yourself and eat the right amount for your body type that as long as you are able and mobile that it shouldn't matter if you're a bit overweight.

Therefore I consider healthy to entail healthy proportions, which usually means that they are at least a bit overweight by society's standards but not to the point where they have to use a rascal to get around. Once you have to rely on a mobility scooter you probably should consider taking better care of yourself because you really aren't healthy by that time.

I apologize in advance if I offend or bother anyone with this post. I'm just trying to be honest here seeing as I think that honesty is the best policy outside of life-and-death situations. I'm seriously going to go lie down now though.
Pages: 1 ... 1567 1568 [1569] 1570 1571 ... 11037