Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482134 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19935 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:28 pm »

I'll never find headset love at this rate D:
Just gotta keep looking, and you'll find the right one ;D Lots of headsets in the supermarket.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19936 on: October 17, 2012, 07:31:57 pm »

Or you can just say buggerit and stick to cheap, short lived, earbuds. Or headphones, I guess. "Two dolla heary heary," says the skanky ear plugger on the corner.

Costs less on the net, generally. Tend to last me anywhere from six months to a year. Compare to more expensive headsets, and they've got to last like half a decade to match cost efficiency. I've... never had one manage that. Soo...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19937 on: October 17, 2012, 07:41:45 pm »

Earbuds hurt. They hurt a lot.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19938 on: October 17, 2012, 07:42:39 pm »

* kaijyuu nods in agreement.

I can't stand earbuds. Headphones all the way (though those get painful after a while of crushing your earlobes).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #19939 on: October 17, 2012, 07:43:44 pm »

I'm going to splurge on surround sound headphones for my next computer upgrade.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19940 on: October 17, 2012, 07:45:45 pm »

Not once you get used to them! Which may take a while, and a certain modicum of pain, yes.

Unless you've got the kind of ears they just don't agree with. Then, maybe. That's what the uber-cheapo non-earbud headphones are for, though! Those are only an issue if you're listening to something you, ah. Don't want others to hear. Then you might need something higher quality.

Though nowadays I'd probably stick 'em under my gunrange sound muffler whatsits. Do that with earbuds occasionally, basically jury-rigging sound-canceling headphones. It's actually kinda' nice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19941 on: October 17, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »

Not once you get used to them! Which may take a while, and a certain modicum of pain, yes.

Unless you've got the kind of ears they just don't agree with. Then, maybe. That's what the uber-cheapo non-earbud headphones are for, though! Those are only an issue if you're listening to something you, ah. Don't want others to hear. Then you might need something higher quality.

Though nowadays I'd probably stick 'em under my gunrange sound muffler whatsits. Do that with earbuds occasionally, basically jury-rigging sound-canceling headphones. It's actually kinda' nice.

This. I lieks mah earbuds. They is unobtrusive and fit in pockets.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19942 on: October 17, 2012, 08:01:10 pm »

I have a decent, cheap pair of headphones currently.
I'm not sure what brand, but I don't think they cost me very much. I'm actually very surprised that they've lasted this long- usually, whatever (sometimes expensive) heaphones/earphones I buy break quickly; they wear out down near the input plug.
These ones have lasted very well, and I don't really have any problems with them... Well, I guess they could fit my head slightly better, but it's not really a big deal. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #19943 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:45 pm »

For headphones, the behind-the-head Sonys are the only way to go. Earbuds won't stay in if you decide to run for a marathon or lift some weights. Even if you don't normally do those things, earbuds are also inserted directly into your ear canal... I don't think I need to go into why that is bad.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19944 on: October 17, 2012, 08:53:00 pm »

For on the lappy I got a turtle beach headset, and for the iPod I have earbuds. The headset is nice because they have good quality sound, a mic, and the pads fit around your ears instead of on them. The earbuds are nice because I can stick 'em in my pocket and go. Also I am kind of harsh on them, so I don't want to spend too much on them. So I guess it's situational.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19945 on: October 17, 2012, 10:30:30 pm »

Headphones all the way (though those get painful after a while of crushing your earlobes).

Good headphones don't.

* GlyphGryph loves his sound canceling super comfortable headphones. That also double as effective earmuffs on cold days.

Earbuds make my ears bleed, literally. But a good pair of headphones is actually a joy to wear.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19946 on: October 18, 2012, 02:30:44 am »

Circumaural headphones, all the way.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19947 on: October 18, 2012, 03:17:32 am »

I've never owned an ipod, but somehow in the past 6 years I've had at least 3 pairs of ipod earbuds, currently wearing a set of them.  Have no idea where any of them came from.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19948 on: October 18, 2012, 05:42:43 am »

i got an awesome pair of headphones. covers the ears, soft and lined to cancel out noise, best sound quality i've ever experienced.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #19949 on: October 18, 2012, 07:36:44 am »

I'd get myself some headphones too, if they weren't so huge.
Pages: 1 ... 1328 1329 [1330] 1331 1332 ... 11037