Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478485 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #19695 on: October 12, 2012, 06:24:38 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19696 on: October 12, 2012, 06:44:04 pm »

Gagnam Style is the current enbodiment of wat.

Interestingly, Firefox wanted to spellcheck Gagnam into Manga. Does firefox check for words spelled backwards?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: October 12, 2012, 06:45:25 pm »

Yeah. Also, it's Gangnam style.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:51 pm »

Yeah. Also, it's Gangnam style.
Still counts a Manga to firefox. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19699 on: October 12, 2012, 07:37:47 pm »

Can't be certain if I had a brush with death or not; but either which way, I took it unusually well. At least, to your average person, I took it unusually well.

It could have been a buildup of stress from the whole week, or maybe a test from beyond, but earlier today, I had a cramp in my left shoulder that felt similar to a heart attack (not my first time; happened with previous jobs, so I knew what to expect; generally happens when I am annoyed to the point that my patience and tolerance couldn't hold out any longer; but I go on anyway out of politeness, at my own expense.), or at least, I'd like to think so. I assume it's not a full-on actual heart attack (caused by a bad diet or synapse misfires/heart disease), but instead something better known as Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy or Stress Cardiomyopathy, or Broken Heart Syndrome, caused, personally, by over-stressing myself (one part physically, I did do a bunch of heavy lifting all week with little rest, and another part, dealing with local traffic and having things not go as planned a little too often), or maybe I did just have an intense shoulder cramp inside my shoulder close to my heart or in it, and it hurt really fucking bad it almost caused me to pass out on the spot. Oh yeah, and this was happening while I was working, of all times, and I actually hid my symptoms well, just to see if I could (also, I don't want my heart attacks to be all hammy, and whatnot; plus, I want to make it look like I at least put effort into reviving myself in the process of it. Just as well, I didn't want to alarm anyone unless I couldn't handle it).

I find it strange because it was such an intense pain, I truly thought I was about to keel over on the spot, due to excess pain; however, the "simulated heart attack" was not as much what surprised me, but my sudden recovery; self-administered without anyone else in the surrounding area being the wiser. This is why I assume it had to be a shoulder cramp; either that, or a nugget of cholesterol in my heart finally broke free and my blood is flowing freely again, thanks to a buildup of pressure behind it finally making it give way. In any case, just as my hearing was about to go out along with my vision and sense of spatial awareness/touch, and the symptoms of passing out were about to commit to full, I heard a loud *crack* from inside my shoulder, and I recovered almost instantly (as if it never happened conditions). I didn't try to crack my shoulder anymore since it wasn't cracking the last few times I tried to alleviate the pain that way, assuming it was a cramp anyway, and not a heart attack in the first place.

In case I really was having a heart attack on the spot, I either lucked out, and my body managed to unclog an artery/vein (the noise being the blockage clearing, or an artery/vein popping (it'll heal over)), or my willpower to reject dying in such a lame way (this ranks as my least favorite way to die, and I would find it as absolutely unacceptable to go out that way; unless it was done via Death-Note, then I wouldn't mind as much) managed to over-ride my system, like a form of "controlled berserking", or angels do exist, and I still have some sort of purpose in life I have yet to/am obligated to fulfill, and can't die until it is done. In any other case, my left arm felt better afterwards, and the pain is almost non-existent now. I feel like I was being tested by a supernatural force, or I was supposed to learn some lame aesop about how short life is, or to care more about myself, or some bullcrap like that. ...Yeah, an annoying day is anything but the right time to administer such a test/aesop.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened this morning, but I at least confirmed something about myself psychologically, if death were to really come my way regardless of when (but still how, in other cases; I do have standards of how I prefer to go out; Apocalypse being high up on my list (C'mon Revelations and Old Testament-level mayhem; do not disappoint me.)), I will at least die with dignity, or at least carrying an attitude of not giving a shit anymore (Got nothing to lose, plus I want to see if I can revive myself post-mortem anyhow without assistance. See if it's possible, and if it is, describe how things were on the other side, and make sure it's not a lame re-enactment-like render; I'll draw it myself.); regardless my fate: Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, or absolute nothingness; or at least, making an effort to do my part to make reviving myself a bit easier for both myself and those that still want me to live.

At least I stuck true to my word, to a hypothetical end, on those little questionnaires they use for motivation and such of "If you had (x) amount of time left to live, then what would you do with that time?", progressively becoming less and less time until you realize your true passion (didn't work on me; I still have no passion in anything whatsoever, nor driving force or motivation to continue living.): My answer to those, regardless of time left to live, No Change to anything in my routine or lifestyle; I drop dead inexplicably, I drop dead inexplicably. I mean, why should when I die determine my motives for activity? To quote Magus from Chrono Trigger: "If I die, I die; If The World ends, it ends; But if what I do causes me to vanish, I will be amused.". I mean, death, in reality (having lost people I knew since elementary school and close family friends) and the spirit itself (Good ol' Grim), doesn't worry me at all. I hear of someone's death, I am not affected by it (I know we'll meet again). I mean, it's an inevitability, so why worry? Then again, I have a rather lazy approach to life, and oddly enough, I have the same approach towards death. I suppose if you can judge the age of a spirit, I must be ridiculously old for a spirit to harbor such lacking feelings towards something that can alter a person's life or character in an instant. Maybe It's not that I'm lazy, but instead, I just don't care.

I hope I didn't ruin anyone's day with that little tidbit. I just really don't care about life and death anymore these days. Seems rather pointless to worry about it and let it determine your actions.

EDIT:
Strangely enough, writing and reading through all this got me cracking up. What the hell is wrong with me? Maybe I really do need therapy. Screw that, I like how I handle these matters. It's unorthodox enough to suit my style.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:47:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19700 on: October 12, 2012, 07:40:26 pm »

People on the IRC said my titanium spork was stupid and a waste of money! Why are you guys so adverse to slightly pointless alternatives?! >:(
My wooden badge was delicious.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19701 on: October 12, 2012, 07:53:00 pm »

I think you had a joint pop. it can be accompanied by intense pain just before it decides to make the pop.
I had it once where it felt like my elbow was on fire, before it had a sudden, very audible pop, and the pain almost went away with that.
Yeah, the location of the cramp, if it was one, was right next to my heart, or directly on top of it. That's the thing. It really did feel like a full-on heart attack, where I had only moments left to live, until, *boom* instant-revive. Just add water (had a "final drink" before giving into the pain).

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: October 12, 2012, 07:55:17 pm »

People on the IRC said my titanium spork was stupid and a waste of money! Why are you guys so adverse to slightly pointless alternatives?! >:(
Did you know if you stab yourself in the bone with a titanium spork, and leave it there, it will fuse to your skeletal structure?

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19703 on: October 12, 2012, 07:56:30 pm »

Did you know if you stab yourself in the bone with a titanium spork, and leave it there, it will fuse to your skeletal structure?
Sounds like we have ourselves a ‼science‼ experiment.

Anyone up to becoming Wolverine with Sporks for Blades?

EDIT:
Wait...
stab yourself in the bone
in the bone
Okay... that's just disturbing. :/

* Itnetlolor gets his head out of the gutter.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:59:09 pm by Itnetlolor »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: October 12, 2012, 07:56:55 pm »

As the owner of two titanium sporks, I think I'm required by law to head over there and defend you.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: October 12, 2012, 07:58:07 pm »

Dont tell this to Extreme body modders they might give themselves Blades.

sodding ninjas
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19706 on: October 12, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

I think you had a joint pop. it can be accompanied by intense pain just before it decides to make the pop.
I had it once where it felt like my elbow was on fire, before it had a sudden, very audible pop, and the pain almost went away with that.
Yeah, the location of the cramp, if it was one, was right next to my heart, or directly on top of it. That's the thing. It really did feel like a full-on heart attack, where I had only moments left to live, until, *boom* instant-revive. Just add water (had a "final drink" before giving into the pain).
ah, right. it's by describing it as being in your left shoulder...

I'm gonna imagine you have two hearts, and heart one just blew up after a critical existence failure
Then I guess if I'm a Time Lord at all, my lifespan has just been reduced greatly, unless I can regenerate.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: October 12, 2012, 08:33:04 pm »

here is one for you lot.
The world’s smallest girl
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: October 12, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »

Death doesn't bother me because death is a small girl.

YEAH YOU HEARD ME DEATH. BITCH I WILL FUCK YOU UP.
GO BACK TO KINDERGARDEN DEATH IT'S NAPTIME.
STOP ASKING THE OTHER KINDERGARDENERS TO PLAY TAG DEATH THAT ISN'T FUNNY.
I WILL PUNT YOU.
LIKE A FOOTBALL.
COME AT ME DEATH.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19709 on: October 12, 2012, 09:26:46 pm »

here is another
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 11037