Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481047 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #18705 on: October 05, 2012, 12:19:55 pm »

Oh Jesus. The furries and "otherkin" will be all over this shit like white on rice. :P

Necomimi Brain-controlled Ears
Brain-controlled Tail

... FUCK... YES!... IMEANWUT?
I want one and I'm neither of those things.

Eheheh... yeah... me neither... >.>... <.<... ^.^
I have no particular desire for such things, and I am most certainly a furry.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18706 on: October 05, 2012, 12:27:30 pm »

Damn, I wish I still had my neural impulse actuator. Hooking it up to an RC tail would have been pretty trivial. You would have to control it manually, of course - the idea of "reading your brain waves to determine your emotions" is pure fantasy - but still...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: October 05, 2012, 12:33:30 pm »

Unfortunately, they are just "concepts" and don't actually exist. And I doubt they will anytime soon.
Not really, they already do exist.
They can't really read your emotions/intentions very well and kind of spaz out and are uncontrollable (although it might be possible to control them with enough practice, but I have no clue), but they do exist.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: October 05, 2012, 12:36:37 pm »

They can't really read your emotions/intentions very well and kind of spaz out and are uncontrollable

Pity the poor catgirl whose tails starts swishing around provocatively at the wrong moment at a convention...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: October 05, 2012, 12:45:59 pm »

Remember when I said I was told my job in the Airforce, but they didn't tell me when I'd ship out.

February. Fucking February.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: October 05, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »

Remember when I said I was told my job in the Airforce, but they didn't tell me when I'd ship out.

I don't get it

what's wrong with February
My wooden badge was delicious.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18711 on: October 05, 2012, 12:48:14 pm »

Okay, looked into it. Standard EEG, apparently, which remains unable to detect emotions ;). Certainly a novel use, but their advertising is a /wee/ bit overblown.

I wonder if their algorithm tries to narrow it down with other sort of measurements or what it uses?

The good news is that it IS at least an ionic detector, which means legitimate control via brainwaves - with a few weeks of effort and some tight concentration, you could probably even get them to respond manually. ^_^

I think an electromyolograph would be more effective here, honestly. Or at least more fun, personally. :P
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:51:05 pm by GlyphGryph »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: October 05, 2012, 12:50:44 pm »

-snip-
I don't get it

It's almost five months from now. I've already been waiting since before August.

It's just... I expected the military to work slow, but only glacially slow. This is geologically slow.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: October 05, 2012, 12:51:10 pm »

Okay, looked into it. Standard EEG, apparently, which remains unable to detect emotions ;). Certainly a novel use, but their advertising is a /wee/ bit overblown.

"The ears perk up when you do mental math!" isn't exactly a great pitch.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: October 05, 2012, 01:19:59 pm »

-snip-
I don't get it

It's almost five months from now. I've already been waiting since before August.

It's just... I expected the military to work slow, but only glacially slow. This is geologically slow.
august is before their military fiscal year and usually anyone before then gets the end of the deployment stick.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: October 05, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »

-snip-
I don't get it

The military is a force of nature: Slow to rouse but terrifying once in action. Patience. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: October 05, 2012, 01:25:37 pm »

Okay, so i'm at school, pause for noon, everybody is just fucking around as usual.
Suddenly, there's a thick circle of people, and somebody is dragged in and layed on the floor, he just lays still. Another person is dragged in but he runs away. There's a random guy making a moses-esque pose over the thing. Then a teacher walks in and starts yelling, everybody else starts yelling. Then the bell sounds and everybody goes to their classes.

Wut.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: October 05, 2012, 01:26:55 pm »

You wouldn't happen to have any cults at this school, would you?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: October 05, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »

Okay, so i'm at school, pause for noon, everybody is just fucking around as usual.
Suddenly, there's a thick circle of people, and somebody is dragged in and layed on the floor, he just lays still. Another person is dragged in but he runs away. There's a random guy making a moses-esque pose over the thing. Then a teacher walks in and starts yelling, everybody else starts yelling. Then the bell sounds and everybody goes to their classes.

Wut.

Ia Ia Cthulhu F'taghn!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: October 05, 2012, 01:32:39 pm »

My father is suddenly afraid I will contract meningitis. This is despite the fact that he knows I am immunized against all four strains of Neisseria meningitidis.

Very odd thing for him to suddenly be worried about.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 11037