Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474531 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #18285 on: October 01, 2012, 05:51:50 pm »

My work replaced all the old Win2K machines with new ones running Windows 7. At the same time, they replace the old book indexing software (custom-written in house, works on Win7) with a new experimental one (again, custom written). They did this with the meticulous planning and brilliant implementation they always do. Naturally, nothing works.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18286 on: October 01, 2012, 05:53:36 pm »

So, they manage to skip two versions of windows with no major problems, but can't remember which book indexing software was only for testing?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18287 on: October 01, 2012, 05:58:46 pm »

No, they simply decided to roll out the new version (with ruffles and flourishes mind you, including a "training" "meeting") only two weeks after the first actual employees got their hands on it to test, at the same time that they're conducting a (critically needed, the 2K machines were on their last legs, and some still had Windows 98 stickers on the front) major infrastrutcture upgrade. What could possibly go wrong?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18288 on: October 01, 2012, 06:14:46 pm »

So I currently work at a family business. It's an auto repair shop, and a small one, with 5 employees counting me. I sit at the front and deal with customers, do some light paperwork, write people's checks, post on these forums, etc. Anywho, when it's not too busy, some of the mechanics go to the back room where there's a computer and play solitaire/watch youtube vidoes/etc. I almost never use that computer, except for a select few things.

Today I went back there and needed to return to a website I visited last week for some paperwork I was doing, so I looked in the browser history. You should know by now where I'm going with this... turns out, someone's not quite satisfied just playing solitaire. They also have vastly different tastes in erotic literature than I do (they only seem to visit the short story sites).

I'm not going to turn anyone in. To me, it's absolutely no worse in any way shape or form than playing cards or watching youtube. But it still surprised me, so to the WTF thread it goes :)

If you figure out who it is, give them a friendly tip on how to delete the browser history (and then quickly open a bunch of tabs to create a false one to avoid leaving holes).  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #18289 on: October 01, 2012, 06:17:22 pm »

I still can't belive Descan wanted to apply Glitter-paint to me : (

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18290 on: October 01, 2012, 06:17:59 pm »

I still can't belive Descan wanted to apply Glitter-paint to me : (
Do tell~.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18291 on: October 01, 2012, 06:18:25 pm »

I've narrowed it down to two people, but I don't want to risk calling either of them out. If I guess wrong, they'll turn the other in, and probably cost them their job. Not worth it :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18292 on: October 01, 2012, 06:22:50 pm »

So I currently work at a family business. It's an auto repair shop, and a small one, with 5 employees counting me. I sit at the front and deal with customers, do some light paperwork, write people's checks, post on these forums, etc. Anywho, when it's not too busy, some of the mechanics go to the back room where there's a computer and play solitaire/watch youtube vidoes/etc. I almost never use that computer, except for a select few things.

Today I went back there and needed to return to a website I visited last week for some paperwork I was doing, so I looked in the browser history. You should know by now where I'm going with this... turns out, someone's not quite satisfied just playing solitaire. They also have vastly different tastes in erotic literature than I do (they only seem to visit the short story sites).

I'm not going to turn anyone in. To me, it's absolutely no worse in any way shape or form than playing cards or watching youtube. But it still surprised me, so to the WTF thread it goes :)

If you figure out who it is, give them a friendly tip on how to delete the browser history (and then quickly open a bunch of tabs to create a false one to avoid leaving holes).  :P
People who are more subtle only delete part of the browser history.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18293 on: October 01, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »

Personal experience with this, Aklyon? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18294 on: October 01, 2012, 06:24:47 pm »

Ooh, we're getting to the advanced topics now. What about always having an innocuous window open, prepared for a quick alt-tab? Heck, with some of my wallpapers, I have to do that whenever I'm using my computer in public. :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #18295 on: October 01, 2012, 06:27:22 pm »

But I want your fur to spaaaarkle! D:

I guess I'll have to get out the paint...

Now... hmm... Glitter-paint or pink?

Iiiiiiiick. Keep him away from meh >:<

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18296 on: October 01, 2012, 06:27:49 pm »

But you'd look so cute with a bow!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18297 on: October 01, 2012, 06:28:53 pm »

And ribbons~!

3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18298 on: October 01, 2012, 06:29:02 pm »

Personal experience with this, Aklyon? :P
No, I'm just the only one who knows anything about IT in this house. I could clean out my history and rebuild a new one out of my readitlater list and no one here would know the difference between the two.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #18299 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:17 pm »

Oh zod waaiiiiiiiii.

Pages: 1 ... 1218 1219 [1220] 1221 1222 ... 11037