Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 [1157] 1158 1159 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14477043 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #17340 on: September 23, 2012, 12:15:50 am »

The truth of the matter when it comes to murder is that most people whom are murdered are murdered by people they know. That is what the entire investigative structure is set up to determine. Being murdered by someone you have no connection with leaves the police with almost nothing to go on. Even if you leave a lot of evidence behind, what good is a blood sample to the police if you didn't know the victim?

This is why serial killers claim so many victims, and why I probably would have made a very good one if I were psychotic.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17341 on: September 23, 2012, 12:17:15 am »

Yes, fun to do so, but I'd advise ye not to, if only for the reason that we won't get to talk to you anymore.
I never said I was going to try it. :/
I assume the worst in people. It means I'm either always right or pleasantly suprised. Anyhow, without violating privacy laws and all that, what is the scenario you find yourself in?
Don't find myself in one, just pondering the fact.
Huh. Kinda reminds me of the deeply repressed urge I have to kill everything in sight. Good for me I can control it, otherwise I'd have already snapped my brother's neck - woah, time to stop taking about that; I'll wake it up.

I know that feeling, man.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17342 on: September 23, 2012, 12:18:33 am »

* kaijyuu backs away very slowly from you all.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17343 on: September 23, 2012, 12:19:40 am »

Hello, Kaijyuu, why don't you visit me sometime?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17344 on: September 23, 2012, 12:21:40 am »

Well, okay, but if I see a single creepy basement with sharp instruments and blood stains, I'm outta there.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #17345 on: September 23, 2012, 12:22:04 am »

Yes, fun to do so, but I'd advise ye not to, if only for the reason that we won't get to talk to you anymore.
I never said I was going to try it. :/
I assume the worst in people. It means I'm either always right or pleasantly suprised. Anyhow, without violating privacy laws and all that, what is the scenario you find yourself in?
Don't find myself in one, just pondering the fact.
Huh. Kinda reminds me of the deeply repressed urge I have to kill everything in sight. Good for me I can control it, otherwise I'd have already snapped my brother's neck - woah, time to stop taking about that; I'll wake it up.

I know that feeling, man.

I'm sure any of us would make excellent serial murderers if we so chose.

I doubt being the serious, tightly controlled personality is particularly conductive to my mental heath either.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17346 on: September 23, 2012, 12:22:30 am »

Well, okay, but if I see a single creepy basement with sharp instruments and blood stains, I'm outta there.

A basement? HAH. I carry a suitcase for all that.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17347 on: September 23, 2012, 12:23:41 am »

A basement? HAH. I carry a suitcase for all that.
I'm pretty sure I have one in my back pocket.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17348 on: September 23, 2012, 12:24:57 am »

Don't worry, I melted the blood away.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17349 on: September 23, 2012, 01:16:24 am »

The truth of the matter when it comes to murder is that most people whom are murdered are murdered by people they know. That is what the entire investigative structure is set up to determine. Being murdered by someone you have no connection with leaves the police with almost nothing to go on. Even if you leave a lot of evidence behind, what good is a blood sample to the police if you didn't know the victim?

This is why serial killers claim so many victims, and why I probably would have made a very good one if I were psychotic.

This. They can do all the sciencey magic they want, but if you are no one that person knows, they will never catch you, unless you keep killing people. If you just kill one person you don't know, chances are you will get away with it. Creepy. But true.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17350 on: September 23, 2012, 01:45:02 am »

The big thing is randomness.
If you keep killing people in the same city the same way, then you will probably be caught since the evidence ties together to eventually form a coherent picture. If you kill people in random cities (make sure there is nothing tying you to the city in question at the time) in random ways, then there will be nothing to tie the crimes together, unless you screw up hugely, you will never be caught.

Most serial killers do have a trouble with that though, since they are usually a bit psychotic and as such aren't very good at being random, instead having a method of killing or killing in the same city or killing people that aren't random (eg. only blondes).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17351 on: September 23, 2012, 01:47:11 am »

This. They can do all the sciencey magic they want, but if you are no one that person knows, they will never catch you, unless you keep killing people. If you just kill one person you don't know, chances are you will get away with it. Creepy. But true.
At least assuming that you haven't done anything that would give the police your prints/DNA or other biological evidence. Once you are in the database, regardless of what you are in there for, then they can easily link you to the crime with a simple computer search.

Also a lot of people would make good murderers. It's just that for the most part people who are smart enough to be good murders/thieves/bandits are also smart enough to realize that there is almost always a less risky or more profitable way to get what they want then breaking the law. As a result most of your "good" criminals tend to be unbalanced in some way, since they need to be intelligent enough to get away with it but handicapped or disabled in the part of them that decides that stealing/killing is the best way to go about things.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17352 on: September 23, 2012, 01:47:42 am »

That is true. Forunately for humanity, if I went psycho I'd be caught and probably killed very quickly because I'd basically go dorf beserk.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17353 on: September 23, 2012, 02:15:52 am »

A lot of serial killers also like the idea of the notoriety thier crime will generate, and there is no way to get this without being caught. This is why many intentionally leave pointers, or return to the scene of the crime.
This is a blank sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17354 on: September 23, 2012, 02:32:15 am »

Being a serial killer is all well and good, but if I'm going down that road, I want to be massively parallel.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 [1157] 1158 1159 ... 11037