Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473304 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #16500 on: September 14, 2012, 05:30:37 pm »

The thing that made me wtf recently is the legendary tale of Old Man Henderson, the only person to ever win Call Of Cthulu.
What a hero.
Also playing the GM for a fool with that excessively long backstory. That sounds like something I would do if I ever played roleplaying games, and if I really hated the GM. I seem to have a talent for writing a load of words without putting much if any meaning behind them.
Apparently the backstory lapsed into stage directions, and German at one point, which the dude did not know.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16501 on: September 14, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »

The thing that made me wtf recently is the legendary tale of Old Man Henderson, the only person to ever win Call Of Cthulu.
What a hero.
Also playing the GM for a fool with that excessively long backstory. That sounds like something I would do if I ever played roleplaying games, and if I really hated the GM. I seem to have a talent for writing a load of words without putting much if any meaning behind them.
Apparently the backstory lapsed into stage directions, and German at one point, which the dude did not know.
That is even more brilliant. That is basically the ultimate trolling to show up incompetent figures of authority.
Reminds me of BobJimJoeJackson with his whole thing of going around the internet game servers and getting admins to show themselves up. Ina similar style it seems too, by having no evidence against him for rulebreaking, but still managing to do something that causes a disturbance.
Wheeeee, rambling.

Also, in a daily WTF I guess, Pulchritude is the Oxford English Dictionary website's word of the day. It means beauty. I never knew that. Now I know that sepulchritude means "without beauty". Suddenly I understand a little bit more.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16502 on: September 14, 2012, 06:33:37 pm »

I thought that was just a pun on sepulcher, a tomb-like kinda thing.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #16503 on: September 14, 2012, 06:56:38 pm »

I spend the last 20 or so minutes trying to get someone I know my girlfriend will listen to to just snap out of the little trance she's gotten herself into from trying to fix a series of events out of her control. And... Nothing. Just ignoring me about it.

Just what the fuck? Does he think this is funny or something?
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16504 on: September 14, 2012, 07:44:54 pm »

Holy shit. That was Awsome. Go Old Man Henderson.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16505 on: September 14, 2012, 07:49:24 pm »

Holy shit. That was Awsome. Go Old Man Henderson.
Go Eli Burnings as well, though thats not till the end of the page.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16506 on: September 14, 2012, 08:03:10 pm »

It's a wiki and not an imageboard, so you should be safe.

And I love fun tabletop stories like that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16507 on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:22 pm »

Besides, it's a /tg/ thing. 4chan deserves a lot of its reputation, but /tg/ is alright. Alright-ish. For the most part.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16508 on: September 14, 2012, 08:06:10 pm »

"Henderson here. Figured out what the nasties are weak against."
"What's that, Mr. Henderson?"
"Point blank annihilation."
This man is a genius.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16509 on: September 14, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »

It's basically a wiki like page, nothing especially channy about it.

One thing tho, I've read it, and I want that to be made into a movie so hard, because something as gloriously insane and badass as that needs to be known to the wider public, fuck the Mountains Of Madness, we need an Old Man Henderson movie!

(also I've found trough this story that CCR is freaking awesome :D)

E: Ninjas, be damned!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16510 on: September 14, 2012, 08:20:39 pm »

Movie, you say? Jeff Bridges, don't fail us now!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16511 on: September 14, 2012, 08:55:34 pm »

That come under awesome and since I have drink in me and the urge to kill, its fucking awesome. Whers the movie already.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16512 on: September 14, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »

Theres nothing terrible on that wikipage. Other wikipages may vary, but in general, /tg/ is pretty good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16513 on: September 14, 2012, 10:03:19 pm »

I spend the last 20 or so minutes trying to get someone I know my girlfriend will listen to to just snap out of the little trance she's gotten herself into from trying to fix a series of events out of her control. And... Nothing. Just ignoring me about it.

Just what the fuck? Does he think this is funny or something?
Yeah... I know what this kind of thing feels like. It's amazing what can happen when people are actually willing to sit down and talk to each other rationally. But it's frigging impossible when people refuse to talk at all.

I wish I had some way to get people to actually sit down and listen.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16514 on: September 14, 2012, 10:45:09 pm »

http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.
Pages: 1 ... 1099 1100 [1101] 1102 1103 ... 11037