Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481975 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14370 on: August 22, 2012, 05:21:48 am »

WTF on the amount of money wasted on this guy!!
http://www.murderpedia.org/male.K/k/kosilek-robert.htm

Dafuq. Seriously, dafuq. I don't even know where to begin explaining just how much of a WTF that guy/gal is, let alone his attorney. "Denying a sex change procedure constitutes cruel and unusual punishment"? "The procedure is medically necessary"? Jesus Christ, sex change is a choice, not a fucking necessity.

It ought to be a right.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14372 on: August 22, 2012, 07:21:54 am »

While I bet many people would like to see the source for that, I bet it won't happen. :P It's just too dangerous to print in a thesis, however tempting. I hope they understand that...

On the other hand, if they store it in a cloud(or just university database), we might be in trouble :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14373 on: August 22, 2012, 07:23:59 am »

WTF on the amount of money wasted on this guy!!
http://www.murderpedia.org/male.K/k/kosilek-robert.htm

Dafuq. Seriously, dafuq. I don't even know where to begin explaining just how much of a WTF that guy/gal is, let alone his attorney. "Denying a sex change procedure constitutes cruel and unusual punishment"? "The procedure is medically necessary"? Jesus Christ, sex change is a choice, not a fucking necessity.

It ought to be a right.
I'm torn here. On one hand, a person experiencing gender dysphoria is legitimately under severe mental anguish, as their brain chemistry is wired for a body that is not the one they have. It can be truly horrific if there is no outlet, and could lead to a breakdown. However, on the other hand, this person is a murderer, and all rights to live within the bounds of normal society, as well as mercy and pity, should be forefit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14374 on: August 22, 2012, 08:11:06 am »

"Should be" is a really very much arguable statement in that last bit, MZ. Punshiment -- and removal from such concerns as mercy and pity definitely count, there -- is only something rightly invoked in a prescriptive statement when it has some functional benefit -- otherwise it's at best revenge and at worst base sadism. If re-integration is not intended, then punishment beyond removal (either by life imprisonment or execution) has no functional purpose -- revenge is certainly neither something societies particularly benefit from, nor something once enacted that does much for most victims.

It's strongly arguable that allowing people to act for vengeance or punishment instead of just or right action is deleterious -- especially on the net -- for the society that allows it. Stripping people of their rights in excess of necessity is definitely not just, nor right, and there are, indeed, some things you can't do to a murderer and retain the position of virtuous -- or even non-immoral -- action. No torture, no slavery, no rape, etc. Though a lot of penal systems have trouble with all of the above. Most of them are some of the most immoral and useless (fucking counterproductive, in many cases! Worse than useless) pieces of shit still allowed to function in a modern society. Understand the urge toward action beyond the necessary and functional (gods fornicate but do I), but right (i.e. "should be"), it is not.

Now, I might be convincible that a sex change op for a lifer isn't necessary, but that's a far different statement from saying that a murderer should have all human rights stripped from them.

Basically, do no harm except the necessary, and never in excess. Even for the worst of human filth, that rule should not -- must not, on an organizational or systemic level -- be broken. Doing so has caused more damage to our species than the collective weight of every murderer that's lived and died.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14375 on: August 22, 2012, 08:15:35 am »

Got these big mushrooms growing in my back yard. Having small mushrooms is pretty common, but this is the first time I've seen them this huge. Usually about 2-3" tall, now they are 6"+. And they seem to have sprung up literally overnight. I swear, they are visibly larger than even yesterday, and they were huge yesterday! Size aside, they look like the normal species' that grow around here.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14376 on: August 22, 2012, 08:17:54 am »

If they grow above the clouds within a week, be sure to climb one and see if you can find any geese that lay golden eggs.

Or at least sky giants. Those are cool.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #14377 on: August 22, 2012, 08:21:14 am »

Yeah, if children's stories have taught me anything it's that breaking into a dude's house, stealing all his shit then killing him when he chases you, is totally cool.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14378 on: August 22, 2012, 08:26:13 am »

Got these big mushrooms growing in my back yard. Having small mushrooms is pretty common, but this is the first time I've seen them this huge. Usually about 2-3" tall, now they are 6"+. And they seem to have sprung up literally overnight. I swear, they are visibly larger than even yesterday, and they were huge yesterday! Size aside, they look like the normal species' that grow around here.
Careful, they could be Goombas in disguise.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14379 on: August 22, 2012, 08:27:55 am »

Careful, they could be GIANT Goombas in disguise.
Yes, that's a distinct possibility. You should jump on them while you still can.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14380 on: August 22, 2012, 10:21:40 am »

Yes, that's a distinct possibility. You should jump on them while you still can.
And miss the chance of some perfectly brewable plants species discovery?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14381 on: August 22, 2012, 10:29:01 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14382 on: August 22, 2012, 10:30:51 am »

BitF!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #14383 on: August 22, 2012, 10:34:17 am »

Super Mario Bro's

The story of an italian plumber tripping out on shrooms and wandering through the sewer and looking for a peach and getting frightened by a turtle.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14384 on: August 22, 2012, 11:11:21 am »

Euronews confused the city of Tripoli in Lebanon with the city of Tripoli in Lebanon, creating a Libyan-Syrian border.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 11037