Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14483649 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14160 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47:37 am »

True, but the fact that the devs have finally resumed work is a good sign. Maybe we'll hit a stable 2.0 within a decade, rather than another 2 million years.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #14161 on: August 18, 2012, 02:49:37 am »

I hear they're going to completely replace everything with 2.0 - Like, total system wipe, man.

Watch your back, dude.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14162 on: August 18, 2012, 04:00:51 am »

When you have a sufficiently complicated system, every attempt to patch stuff makes more problems. o.O

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: August 18, 2012, 05:46:41 am »

Pff, I liked humans back in the closed beta. Everything changed since then has just been pandering to the masses. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: August 18, 2012, 06:16:07 am »

I'm kinda waiting for them to introduce some proper modding support, because really, the plain model gets quite boring and dull after a while.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #14165 on: August 18, 2012, 06:23:58 am »

I'm kinda waiting for them to introduce some proper modding support, because really, the plain model gets quite boring and dull after a while.
Agreed. I want more holes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14166 on: August 18, 2012, 08:26:36 am »

I wonder if there's a crack/trainer for humans out there somewhere? I'd love superhuman abilities.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14167 on: August 18, 2012, 09:15:30 am »

I wonder if there's a crack/trainer for humans out there somewhere? I'd love superhuman abilities.

I'd like to say that everything that has been said in reference to that pic is awesome, but this is my favorite.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: August 18, 2012, 09:33:03 am »

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Do people really train their kids like this? Is this why we have a douchebag epidemic? What kind of parent tells their kids not to say please to somebody just because they don't know them?

I sincerely hope this is heavily editorialized, because my faith in humanity needs not dwindle further.
While I can't vouch for the veracity of that particular story, I've seen attitdues like that personally.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: August 18, 2012, 10:30:51 am »

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Do people really train their kids like this? Is this why we have a douchebag epidemic? What kind of parent tells their kids not to say please to somebody just because they don't know them?

I sincerely hope this is heavily editorialized, because my faith in humanity needs not dwindle further.
While I can't vouch for the veracity of that particular story, I've seen attitdues like that personally.

Yeah, people are pretty shitty when it comes to children. Sometimes the way people treat their kids in the store I work at makes me... Want to get violent on the children's behalf. I wish I could just say, 'Don't fuck them up for life, or I'll fuck you up for life.'
But then I'd get sent to prison. ::)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: August 18, 2012, 10:33:17 am »

I could use a separate hole for breathing away from my eating hole.

We should be able to mod the raws by now.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: August 18, 2012, 10:34:57 am »

They should get the playground moved away from the sewers by v1.5 at the very latest.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: August 18, 2012, 10:48:20 am »

I could use a separate hole for breathing away from my eating hole.

This was done to save space, but at this point, I'm sure we could miniaturize everything sufficiently that we could fit it all without mixing things together.

They should get the playground moved away from the sewers by v1.5 at the very latest.

Actually, I think that is planned for the 1.25 update, but that may be the 'fps death' fix I was thinking of. It sure would be nice to not worry about slowing down because it's been running for a long time. ::)
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: August 18, 2012, 10:54:10 am »

to be honest, babies being very leaky is a big problem they ought to fix.
Intended feature. People kept signing up for Matronism and then dropping the child halfway through. They had to eventually use some pretty advanced psychology just to keep them rearing the baby for longer than a year or two. Even now, some players go afk or just leave and leave some poor newbie to starve to death.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: August 18, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:11:42 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 11037