Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14429005 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13425 on: August 05, 2012, 06:06:38 pm »

I did have to restart my browser, and even go into the Task Manager to fully shut it down before the audio would stop. No sign of it coming back yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13426 on: August 05, 2012, 06:07:03 pm »

or when you have 20-100 tabs open

this is just asking for trouble and you know it

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: August 05, 2012, 06:13:54 pm »

or when you have 20-100 tabs open

this is just asking for trouble and you know it
Trouble and browser lag near the high end of that, if they're all youtube tabs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: August 05, 2012, 11:40:31 pm »

I have the absolute worst luck with therapists:

Just paid a therapist (in advance) and told her how horribly abused I was as a child. She actually called me a liar, because "someone would've noticed if it was really that bad."

I don't even.... What.... Yes, I have an immensely messed up childhood and life. I kinda thought that was what psychologists were for: namely fixing that shit. I really don't get this lady or why on earth I weirded her out. I mean I know I'm messed up, but I can't be the worst thing she's heard can I? Can't say I'd like that implication if it were true.... I don't really get this considering that she just got like, all told, $120 to just listen to me for about an hour. I mean really? I get it, I really do, I'm not expecting instant results or anything and I totally understand that customers are unreasonable as a rule, but she basically didn't even wanna listen, which is all I wanted really. The hell are you supposed to do if you're from a messed up situation like that if you can't talk to a shrink. It really isn't a conversation piece to talk about, "Hi, I was horridly abused as a child along with other immensely personal things you'd rather not hear about, come and listen to them anyhow." It doesn't roll off the tongue.

I dunno. At least she's not as bad as the one in college who told me I was going to hell for being gay, but I don't think I'll be going back to this therapist.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:34:49 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: August 05, 2012, 11:44:05 pm »

I'd demand a refund. You paid for a service you were denied.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: August 05, 2012, 11:45:42 pm »

Yeah, that kind of line is a... well, should be, anyway... a line a therapist worth a shit probably shouldn't be spouting. If they're not painfully aware of how people slip through the cracks, either they were failed by who trained them or failed as a student. Don't know what else I can say about that, other than to keep looking for a capable one. They're tremendously helpful when they're competent, it's just finding those ones. That'un doesn't sound like she's it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: August 05, 2012, 11:49:40 pm »

I sympathize Truean. I have a counselor for drug court, and I pretty obviously can not trust her. She says everything I tell her goes no further, and then when I see the judge or my PO, they talk about shit I told her, so... I'm just like, 'I have trouble flirting with women.' Which I really don't. So she won't ask me about anything that actually matters.
It sucks when the 'help' you're getting is doing the exact opposite.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: August 05, 2012, 11:54:16 pm »

Bluh, therapists. Haven't yet found one worth a damn. Haven't yet found one better than the internets.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13433 on: August 05, 2012, 11:56:39 pm »

Never trusted therapists. Luckily, I've never needed one either.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13434 on: August 06, 2012, 12:02:00 am »

I kinda want to tell my therapist where to stuff it sometimes, but I get the feeling he's gotten that a lot. Like my long hair; he suggested I cut it, I started my soapboxing, and he went "here we go!" as if he's gotten such soapboxes many times before. He's always advocating submission to authority whenever a disagreement arises.

But other than that he's a cool dude.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13435 on: August 06, 2012, 12:03:44 am »

Submission to authority is overrated. :P

FIGHT THA POWAH! Ahem. /Rebellion
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: August 06, 2012, 12:07:24 am »

Indeed!

Hell I got my long hair due to overhearing some bullshit prejudice toward long haired men from some authority figures. "I'll show them!" I thought. Turns out confirmation bias is stronger than one person willing to stand up as a positive example.

/shrug

I did convince one guy though. I guess that's worth it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: August 06, 2012, 12:23:01 am »

Heh, I started growing my hair out because it was easier/cheaper/my hair looked shitty when it was short. The ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH thing came later.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #13438 on: August 06, 2012, 02:36:17 am »

I have the absolute worst luck with therapists
Holy shit you do. That's extremely irresponsible for a therapist to just straight-up call a patient a liar without even bothering to check the veracity of what you said. Was this your first time visiting her? Even if you were lying that would be reckless and I don't believe you were. Man, I can't believe someone who's job is ostensibly to help people work through emotional problems would be so callous. Jack Nicholson would be a better therapist.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13439 on: August 06, 2012, 03:04:39 am »

FIGHT THA POWAH!
but I am the power?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 11039