Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514635 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12390 on: July 14, 2012, 11:27:42 pm »

The city is great. You just have to get out of it every once in a while.

I like having things to do and people to hang out with and parties and various other events to attend.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #12391 on: July 15, 2012, 12:19:00 am »

Okay, so, math.

After my recent bought of depression discouraged me from taking my homework deadline seriously, I decide to finally sit down and do the dang homework this morning. Unfortunately, the math website is down, so I can't do my homework assignments, which are all done electronically. I send a message to the teacher explaining that the morning was the only time I had to do it before the deadline without sacrificing copious amounts of sleep, and play some games.

I get home, no answer from the teacher. I guess that she, like most teachers, only checks school stuff during weekdays. The website's back up, so I hunker down and drink a can of Coca-Cola in preparation of a long night of math and start doing homework.

Suddenly, I'm looking at the due dates and they've been moved to Wednesday. She checked her messages and changed the due date an hour after I chugged a caffeinated beverage in preparation for her not changing the due date.

I am highly sensitive to stimulants. Caffeine, even in the small levels found in a Coke, stays in my system and prevents any sleep for 6 - 8 hours.

I now have a long, useless night of not needing to do homework ahead of me. Tomorrow (Well, today, now) I will be even more emotionally unstable from lack of sleep, but my day is completely filled with obligations and work so even a short nap is unlikely.

Sometimes I wish I could see the future just to avoid doing things like this.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: July 15, 2012, 12:22:16 am »

Do the work anyway, that way it will be done and you won't waste the lost sleep. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #12393 on: July 15, 2012, 12:34:24 am »

I probably should, it's just bleh.

And yes, that's the technical term for it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: July 15, 2012, 12:56:53 am »

I say meh, but I gotcha. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: July 15, 2012, 02:30:01 am »

she thought milk and eggs come from factories.
They kinda do. 95% of US eggs from factory farms, assuming the stats I found online were correct; milk is lower, but it is supposedly around 50% still. So depending on your definition of factory, it may well be accurate to say they do, in fact, come from factories.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: July 15, 2012, 02:40:10 am »

I think her belief that the milk and eggs were made in factorys, and did not come from animals.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: July 15, 2012, 03:50:11 am »

Mh, in the future milk and eggs will probably be made in factories.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12398 on: July 15, 2012, 04:18:23 am »

I hate cities. Hate them. Too noisy, too crowded, and the neighbors get pissy if you fire up the forge.
Well there are cities on the opposite spectrum - silent and perpetually lit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: July 15, 2012, 06:48:44 am »

Somewhat paradoxically, despite disliking crowds and avoiding busy public areas for the most part, I tend to like cities. The one I was born in, especially- even as I rush along, dodging through throngs of busy people, it never feels crowded. Mainly I think that's just because I was born in the city and just feel inexplicably 'at home' there, but it works for other cities, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: July 15, 2012, 07:35:11 am »

I cant spend more than an hour or 2 in cities. I feel this opressive "weight" of the place - the people, the noise, the buildings. I need to see open spaces and the horizon. Its not claustrophobia, just a need to be somewhere less overpowering.

-snip-
Someone in school thought apples came from factories.

We put them right after a fair bit of debate. (They were adamant that they came from factories. It took pictures of apple trees to get her to change her mind)

I find it very entertaning that my 2 young kids will go into great detail about what foods come from cows, chicken and sheep...
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: July 15, 2012, 07:54:44 am »

I can stand being in cities, but I'd certainly not like to live in one.

The only times when i cant stand being in cities is when my parents insist that they have to look at shoes and clothing ;_;

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: July 15, 2012, 08:36:35 am »

Oh, well, if you're adding parents into the mix, that changes everything. :P
I wouldn't want to go anywhere with parents. Not even the city. That's just, eesh. [/excessive italics]
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12403 on: July 15, 2012, 08:48:49 am »

I wouldn't want to go anywhere with parents.
Desert island?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: July 15, 2012, 08:51:54 am »

More water/food has to be feed all 3 persons.

Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 11037