Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494086 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #11865 on: July 04, 2012, 09:47:35 pm »

After FF6's GBA translation, I don't think I really want a rerelease of that one. I still play it annually-ish anyway; sprite graphics and Woosley's sometimes awkward translation doesn't keep it from being one of my favorite games ever.

A rerelease of 5 though might interest me. The story in that one is pretty irrelevant so I'd be much less bothered by changing around the dialog.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: July 04, 2012, 10:15:18 pm »

Commandos: B.E.L. AAK5Z-52LKM-ADY4X
Commandos: B.C.D. A6R0D-KFC2C-RGIHB

Some old school strategy games that will totally kick your ass.  Keys can be redeemed on Steam.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: July 04, 2012, 10:18:11 pm »

Necro910 has a Tumblr account. O_o
くコ:彡

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: July 04, 2012, 10:19:29 pm »

What Square should do, but certainly won't, is rerelease  the PS1-era games using the engine that they plan to use in their next-gen FF. All three would sell at a profit, especially if they rework some of the more notorius issues with them, such as 7's horrible translation and 8's complete lack of difficulty. At the same time, it would give the programmers plenty of opportunity to find crocks and bugs in the system, especially if they wait until the next console generation. Unfortunately, that makes too much sense, and is unlikely to happen.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: July 04, 2012, 10:20:08 pm »

I'm not sure I'd want a re-release of FF6, either, but I would love to see more content involved with the setting.  The amount of spin-off content for FF7 vs everything else is absurdly imbalanced.

Looking at Square Enix's work over the last few years, it looks like they've stripped the Final Fantasy franchise down to milking FF7 and FF13.  Whatever.  I don't see it changing, so they're basically dead to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: July 04, 2012, 10:37:00 pm »

Wow, that art style has not aged well.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: July 04, 2012, 10:48:02 pm »

Wow, that art style has not aged well.

Personally, I think making FF7 full 3d was a bad move.  Hand-painted and sprite graphics were still outclassing any 3d that wasn't pre-rendered at that point.  It just wasn't ready yet.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: July 04, 2012, 10:50:29 pm »

The popeye forearms really didn't help.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: July 04, 2012, 11:14:11 pm »

Wouldn't it make more sense, after 15 years, to re-do the graphics to at the very least Last Remnant quality? That's one of the bigger things people have been clamoring for and being denied. Apparently Square is fine with re-releasing with some minor features added but not with remaking it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: July 04, 2012, 11:15:49 pm »

In the continuing mental breakdowns of me and my friends, it turns out almost every single one of us is gay or bi. I guess that makes it a good thing that I never approached one girl when I had a crush on her a few years back, heh :X
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: July 04, 2012, 11:17:14 pm »

In the continuing mental breakdowns of me and my friends, it turns out almost every single one of us is gay or bi. I guess that makes it a good thing that I never approached one girl when I had a crush on her a few years back, heh :X
The random bisexual friend infestation is spreading, hurrah!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: July 04, 2012, 11:17:47 pm »

That seems statistically unlikely to me. Oh well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: July 04, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »

Well it's a small group (~5 people) and only one is straight, so...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: July 04, 2012, 11:21:29 pm »

According to a brief Wikipedia once-over (not the best source, I know!), only around 10% or so of the population in the United States is LGBT. 80% of your group being LGBT is pretty high.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: July 04, 2012, 11:22:28 pm »

We're pretty eccentric in many regards :)
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 11037