Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470714 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #9510 on: May 18, 2012, 03:59:56 pm »

So I go to the library to pick up a hold.  "V For Vendetta", specifically, which if you don't know is a strongly anti-establishment graphic novel which features the Guy Fawkes/Anonymous mask on the cover.  So I pick up my hold and continue browsing the library for anything interesting.  I take a look around...
Suddenly, COPS EVERYWHERE.  Seriously.  I counted about six hanging around the service desk, with more coming in.  So I took the sensible course of action, checking the book out at the self-service station, placing it in my bag, and leaving.

I still don't know what was going on.
/thought police everywhere *dramatic music*

Also, not knowing V and all... On the internet... = Why are you on the internet...

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: May 18, 2012, 04:02:23 pm »

I've never read V for Vendetta, though I plan to. I know about it though.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: May 18, 2012, 04:36:07 pm »

That would scare the crap out of me.

Also, V for Vendetta is worth reading.  The movie was great, but it was written to be a political statement for the period in which it was made.  The comic is more broadly conceptual and timeless.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9513 on: May 18, 2012, 04:55:05 pm »

Anyone read War and Peace? I managed to read 18 chapters in two hours, and it's really descriptive and nice but hard to read T_T

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: May 18, 2012, 05:06:01 pm »

I know this is several pages late, but:

It's not even satire.

She's trippin

Da fuq did I just read?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: May 18, 2012, 05:09:53 pm »

I know this is several pages late, but:

It's not even satire.

She's trippin

Da fuq did I just read?
Da fuq is right. How the hell does castration make men and women equal? One loses their sex organs, while the other keeps them. Inequality.

At least most of the comments are calling her out.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: May 18, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

I particularly like the one comment where the poster took the 'true equality = no men' statement to its (il)logical conclusion by saying a world with true equality would have a population of one.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:14:51 pm by Vorthon »

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #9517 on: May 18, 2012, 05:24:53 pm »

After roaming through the old threads, I found this.

honestly, some of the stuff that was said in there was just weird.

Speaking of conspiracies, I'm having WAY too much fun baiting some birther conspiracy nuts on a political forum I occasionally post on...

One of them, responding to a general attitude of mockery amongst all the other posters (both liberal and conservative): It's worse than we thought.

My post: Oh, so you've finally realized? You foolish Americans spent decades butting heads with the Russians, China, the 'terrorists' in the Middle East... you wasted billions of dollars fighting those incompetent fools, always feeling superior, never suspecting we, your true enemy, your greatest threat, were lurking and waiting, waiting...

KENYA

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: May 18, 2012, 05:52:46 pm »

Had a major goof at work just now.  This invoice has a bunch of men's shorts that list some confusing information.  I decided to send the shipment back through the system with a question to be reviewed.  I begin typing my comment and get as far as "several lines of mens" before I accidentally hit Enter instead of an apostrophe, which submits my comment, which can henceforth never be removed or edited... and then I realized the answer to my own question, and couldn't justify writing another comment to continue asking it.

So now there will forever be a comment in the system by my name that reads "several lines of mens" without explanation.  I'm sure multiple people will read it before the case fades into the archives and probably think I must have been daydreaming some wierd NSFW stuff.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9519 on: May 18, 2012, 06:12:12 pm »

WTF #1.

I wasn't feeling well at work so I went home early.

WTF #2.

I had to stop by the store on the way and I bought diablo III.

WTF #3.

The guitar solo while installing sounds eerily similar to Toadies bit in dwarf fortress in parts.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:26 pm »

Good luck getting to actually play your non-singleplayer singleplayer ARPG anytime soon  :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: May 18, 2012, 06:15:42 pm »

Had a major goof at work just now.  This invoice has a bunch of men's shorts that list some confusing information.  I decided to send the shipment back through the system with a question to be reviewed.  I begin typing my comment and get as far as "several lines of mens" before I accidentally hit Enter instead of an apostrophe, which submits my comment, which can henceforth never be removed or edited... and then I realized the answer to my own question, and couldn't justify writing another comment to continue asking it.

So now there will forever be a comment in the system by my name that reads "several lines of mens" without explanation.  I'm sure multiple people will read it before the case fades into the archives and probably think I must have been daydreaming some wierd NSFW stuff.
I've done the "hit enter instead of apostrophe" thing so many times. Which has led to some rather confusing statements in the past. You're hardly the only one to have done this.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: May 18, 2012, 06:41:40 pm »

After roaming through the old threads, I found this.

honestly, some of the stuff that was said in there was just weird.

This thread is hilarious.

Look at that beam there! It is clearly cleanly cut!

The Twin Towers were destroyed by rogue ninja!

Also, when getting that quote, I discovered that the forums have a necro warning if you're about to reply to something that hasn't been replied to in over 120 days.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9523 on: May 18, 2012, 06:56:27 pm »

Really? That's nice. o_o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 11037