Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463590 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #8565 on: May 01, 2012, 05:02:13 am »

It has been pouring down for the last week.  There have been both flood and drought warnings.  WTF?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: May 01, 2012, 05:03:23 am »

Woke up from dream where migrAtory toucans were deatroying, like, everything. There's was only like three of the bastards, but they tore through pretty much every bit of soft wood around my last sleeping place.

How in hell can midget toucans be scary? E: These things bodies weren't much bigger than a... crow. Wait a tic, what in fuck is re-skinned dumbo crows doing in my bloody dreams? I haven't watched that movie in like over a decade.

Well... okay. They may have had incredibly stubby bodies, but the blighters beaks were almost the length of my damn arm -- and they were somehow chewing through the freaking doors (and walls, etc.).

Worst part of it, they were apparently endangered so we couldn't just shoot the bastards. Animal control was apparently taking it's sweet damn time -- and yes, those points were mentioned in dream. In the meantime, we were moving outside in like three man teams to keep the beaky midgets from taking out bits of flesh.

E: Okay, they looked sorta' like a more cartoony version of this one. Just... Aztec-y. Or Egyptian hieroglyphy. Wish to hell I had access to something capable of uploading images right now... blasted iPad piece of junk :-\
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:21:33 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: May 01, 2012, 05:46:39 am »

Maybe it's a representation of your frustration towards public institutions and nature. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: May 01, 2012, 05:55:28 am »

... neither have frustrated me. Like, at all. My entire experience with pretty much both of those have been overwhelmingly net positive. Well, animal control, anyway. Also wood eating Aztec wall toucans, man. This shit doesn't have meaning :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:57 am »

Speaking of nature. This.

Courtesy of Kilroy the Grand.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: May 01, 2012, 07:50:51 am »

Speaking of nature. This.

Courtesy of Kilroy the Grand.
I hate to be cruel, but f*cking batshit insanity ahoy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: May 01, 2012, 07:51:39 am »

Blocked in the UK :(
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: May 01, 2012, 08:05:34 am »

So I was thinking, and it becomes more and more obvious that the US is a hipster nation.

You use imperial over metric, Sunday being the first day of the week isn't considered weird, and I'm sure you only have right-side traffic to be different from the Brits.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #8573 on: May 01, 2012, 08:07:35 am »

So I was thinking, and it becomes more and more obvious that the US is a hipster nation.

You use imperial over metric, Sunday being the first day of the week isn't considered weird, and I'm sure you only have right-side traffic to be different from the Brits.
It's nothing to do with being hipsters and all to do with being different from us. They're just jealous we ruled a quarter of the planet.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: May 01, 2012, 08:24:31 am »

Sunday being the first day of the week isn't considered weird...
Sunday is not the first day of the week in Europe? Strange. I had always assumed it was.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: May 01, 2012, 08:28:45 am »

It... Sunday is the first day of the week in the states? I... I've never noticed. Clarification edit: I've lived in the states my whole life. Always assumed it was Monday, because, y'know, weekend. Why in hell would we call a weekend day a week's beginning. This makes no sense.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:31:56 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: May 01, 2012, 08:30:55 am »

It's nothing to do with being hipsters and all to do with being different from us. They're just jealous we ruled a quarter of the planet.
Actually, it was because wagon-drivers rode on the left-hand side of the bench so the "passenger" had free room to operate a firearm (hence the origin of the term "riding shotgun"). So in essence, we drive on the right because most people are right-handed.

Sunday is the 1st day of the week because the power of the LORD compels you! Although in practical usage, people treat Monday as the start of the week.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: May 01, 2012, 08:38:36 am »

Sunday is the 1st day of the week because the power of the LORD compels you!
But--

That makes even less sense. The seventh day was the day of rest, not the first. You don't start your week with sabbath, you end it. Unless your numbering system goes 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 [...]. Which would just totally bugger with the mathematics systems involved.

When did we get this start with Sunday silliness, and why has no one told me in the last 2+ decades?

... well, anyway. No. Week starts with Monday, and I'm going to look at people who say otherwise like they're silly, until they offer a better reason for it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: May 01, 2012, 08:42:36 am »

http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2012/04/30/geek-news-hulu-bummer-of-the-day/
Dafuq?
Streaming video site Hulu is about to become a lot less attractive to customers looking to “cut the cord” and watch TV and movies without subscribing to a cable service.

The New York Post reports that Hulu plans to switch its paid Hulu Plus service to an “authentication” model, which will require customers to log in using a cable provider account. That’s right: no cable, no Hulu plus.
RIP: Hulu+
I'd posted that earlier, but my link was from techdirt.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: May 01, 2012, 08:45:14 am »

It... Sunday is the first day of the week in the states? I... I've never noticed. Clarification edit: I've lived in the states my whole life. Always assumed it was Monday, because, y'know, weekend. Why in hell would we call a weekend day a week's beginning. This makes no sense.
They are weekends, but I had always considered them to be a part of the week, as I have always been told that a week is seven days, not five. In the same way, the two ends of a rope are still part of the rope.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 11040