Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478085 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #4650 on: February 04, 2012, 02:55:04 am »

The headcrab has to be alive and intact in order to control anything, and the process isn't instantaneous. Therefore, it seems likely that a unicorn is safe.
But it twitches...

Reason I hate Apple products No.362:
My iPod Touch autocorrected '3D' to '3G'.

Stupid auto-cucumber.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: February 04, 2012, 05:44:41 am »

Lola I'm lol sips could. <- Anyone who can un-correct this gets a cookie.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: February 04, 2012, 06:17:39 am »

I think the picture speaks for its self.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: February 04, 2012, 06:22:34 am »

I think the picture speaks for its self.
Unintended supreme irony?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: February 04, 2012, 07:23:54 am »

Marxists.org (notice the s) is a well known online resource for marxist literature.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: February 04, 2012, 11:24:45 am »

Wow, some woman now determines to call us after she found 800 dollars im charges and received only one product. Seriously you figured it out after 6 months that you're broke?!? Fuck good luck extracting that cash out from us.
Um, I'll be honest, that sounds like a legitimate grievance unless you actually are selling $800 products.
Our terms and condition states we can't give out refunds after 30 days from shipment, all i know this gonna be a phone operator's nightmare and i don't want to be at the end of that line. seriously people, read the goddamn fineprint, its even in 14font so you can actually read it, and it ain't that much too, you click that button that tells us you read us, stop whining at me saying you didn't see it, we dedicated a whole webpage for it before you get to the checkout page. People are very stupid and this company doesn't even bother hiding anything cause of that fact.

i hate tech support / customer service.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: February 04, 2012, 11:56:31 am »

Maybe you don't give out refunds, but it sounds like fraud if you don't send the remaining product that she's being charged for, that's all I'm saying. Yeah, she's dumb, but if she paid $800 and isn't getting what she paid for, she's also being screwed over in a way that makes me think she's not the only one being unreasonable here. I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be objecting to somebody else's post in this thread, but it still seems pretty underhanded.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: February 04, 2012, 01:14:01 pm »

All we know that it's sent, I got to argue with her saying I don't have then I gotta yell at the carrier where the fuck is that, unfortunately my company hires a carrier that doesn't even check if the address is right on the box. This company is dirty no doubt about it but I need a job still. If anything they fire me I got enough enough dirt some people might me interested in.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: February 04, 2012, 01:34:51 pm »

I come home from work Monday night, and learn that my stepdad had some kind of stroke or seizure and was taken to the hospital. Normally, I'd be dancing for joy at his suffering, but the doctors could not figure out what was wrong with him. The only solid diagnosis they could make was alcohol withdrawl, and suggested he drink more. And this is a person from whom, early in the morning, I hear the sound of a beer can being cracked open.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: February 04, 2012, 02:20:19 pm »

Welp, look on the bright side, he might have alcohol poisoning sooner.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: February 04, 2012, 02:22:05 pm »

I come home from work Monday night, and learn that my stepdad had some kind of stroke or seizure and was taken to the hospital. Normally, I'd be dancing for joy at his suffering, but the doctors could not figure out what was wrong with him. The only solid diagnosis they could make was alcohol withdrawl, and suggested he drink more. And this is a person from whom, early in the morning, I hear the sound of a beer can being cracked open.
They suggested to drink more? wheres his doctor i want to burn him and his degrees.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: February 04, 2012, 02:32:04 pm »

The news reported about a guy who married his dead girlfriend. They seem to think it's romantic, but I think it's just fucking creepy. It's the kind of backstory supervillains have.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: February 04, 2012, 02:36:43 pm »

They suggested to drink more? wheres his doctor i want to burn him and his degrees.
No, it's pretty reasonable, actually. I expect it was also accompanied with a recommendation to slowly decrease alcohol consumption to the point where withdrawal won't kill or temporarily disable him. I also expect that to be ignored. Oh well, it cuts life expectancy by about 10 to 12 years.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: February 04, 2012, 03:52:50 pm »

The news reported about a guy who married his dead girlfriend. They seem to think it's romantic, but I think it's just fucking creepy. It's the kind of backstory supervillains have.

it sure is necromantic oh god damn it you posted a link to that >_<

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: February 04, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sAF8gMN9c0

Bravest or dumbest cat ever? And, what's with the alligator? Come on gator, your mouth is bigger than that cat.... You're afraid of him? Then two alligators come up and the cat STILL smacks the alligator on the mouth! Then some kid just pets the cat. :P

I've played Pitfall on Atari enough to know gators will gobble you up, but not Mugsy the Cat. :)

Not the only time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05PX_N5KKk&feature=endscreen&NR=1
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 11037