Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444484 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3915 on: January 05, 2012, 06:33:22 pm »

Wtf have they put over UK? It looks like something out of DF... Abir Cryptwipe...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: January 05, 2012, 08:45:58 pm »

Found a blog belonging to a major software company where the VP of Marketing personally thanked a spambot for his comment.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: January 05, 2012, 08:48:06 pm »

Haha, Link if you still have it please!
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: January 05, 2012, 09:03:37 pm »

The children or the adults?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: January 05, 2012, 09:26:46 pm »

Yet more points to support my "FOX News is just a great big troll" theory.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: January 05, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »

I wonder... I read an insider's account a few years ago from an anonymous fox news employee who talked about how the place was run with an iron fist.  Anyone who didn't spin everything to the party line was severely punished or fired.  So fox news people who say utterly ridiculous shit like

'people who give their children candy are more likely to have them become criminals, and so should probably be shot in the back with a crossbow'

could just be disillusioned employees, who seriously are trolling to undermine their network's credibility.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: January 06, 2012, 01:03:20 am »

Corporate guy wants me as a financial expert, it seems. We have to go through an application process, etc, but he's personally walking my resume' through.... He doesn't care about my lack of a CPA and says the company will actually pay for me to get one slowly over time, because he's seen the records I keep. Rather, he's seen how I keep them; not their contents which are confidential. Strangely, he does not want to hire me as legal, but only financial/record keeping/regulatory compliance computation for now.... You'd think he'd want me for legal as well as financial....

This is the one whose daughter is really into me that way and does not know I am the gayest thing ever. I would really like to be her bestest friend, but can't be her boyfriend.  I'm not entirely sure Corporate guy would be ok with my being his daughter's bestest friend either, though it's possible?

In other friend news:
I don't understand why it seems some men seem to have a problem with me hanging out with their girlfriends (Please see, I'm the gayest thing ever). Not sure if its something I'm doing or if they have a problem with gays, or if they don't believe I'm actually gay.Friend's boyfriend has seen me in a dress while hanging out with his girlfriend/my firend.... Oddly, this seemed to put him more at ease. He seems to get more upset when we do things like cuddle while watching chick flicks. Its almost like he's seeing me as butting in between him and his girlfriend, even though I make it a point not to. Often, we hang out while he's out with his friends so it's not like I'm keeping her from him. I really don't get this guy at all. He's much stronger than me, more popular than me, he's clearly more his girlfriend's type.... I'm not seeing how I'm any threat to him, because I'm simply not, in the slightest way, shape or form. Prideful as I am (because I've gotta cling to something) I'd sooner beg him not to force her to chose between us if I thought it'd make a difference.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3922 on: January 06, 2012, 01:07:27 am »

I wonder... I read an insider's account a few years ago from an anonymous fox news employee who talked about how the place was run with an iron fist.  Anyone who didn't spin everything to the party line was severely punished or fired.  So fox news people who say utterly ridiculous shit like

'people who give their children candy are more likely to have them become criminals, and so should probably be shot in the back with a crossbow'

could just be disillusioned employees, who seriously are trolling to undermine their network's credibility.

This supports the above :P
OH GOD NOT DAH INTERNET HATE MACHINE-Fox news
Random Oprah getting troololooooled

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3923 on: January 06, 2012, 10:14:53 am »

WTF? Maybe I am paranoid, but find the idea that someone with as much firearm training as a navy seal wouldn't treat every firearm as if it was loaded at all times to be highly suspect.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-navy-seal-accidentally-shoots-self-022731883.html
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: January 06, 2012, 10:36:43 am »

WTF? Maybe I am paranoid, but find the idea that someone with as much firearm training as a navy seal wouldn't treat every firearm as if it was loaded at all times to be highly suspect.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-navy-seal-accidentally-shoots-self-022731883.html
Cali says the man was showing guns to a woman he'd met earlier at a bar
nuff said.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: January 06, 2012, 10:37:04 am »

I'm not familiar with firearms myself but I know a few people who are and they freak out about safety even if you point an unloaded BB gun at them.
How the hell could some one trained in firearm safety point a gun at his own head and put his finger on the trigger?
Of course he could just be monumentaly stupid.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: January 06, 2012, 10:52:55 am »

I don't understand why it seems some men seem to have a problem with me hanging out with their girlfriends (Please see, I'm the gayest thing ever).

You may not be a competitor for her affection, but you are still a competitor for her attention (even if he wouldn't have done anything with the attention because he was busy elsewhere). I know plenty of people for whom that is more than enough to trigger their jealousy circuits.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: January 06, 2012, 11:00:19 am »

Jesse Ventura (as he was eager to remind everyone within earshot) was a Navy SEAL.

I rest my case.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: January 06, 2012, 11:15:23 am »

1. At a bar earlier that day.
2. Showing off guns to a woman he had met.

Yeah, no surprises there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: January 06, 2012, 02:17:59 pm »

Anyone notice the spambots today? What is up with that?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 11040