Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449194 times)

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #3240 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:02 am »

(Personally I like the show, and I have strange fetishes, but those don't overlap. I generally dislike rule 34 of fiction I have read/watched, though not to the point where I get mad at it.)

As do I, and I get that feel with many of the shows I enjoy. For example, yesterday I saw some Rule34 of Higurashi. I got so mad.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3241 on: December 06, 2011, 01:37:54 am »

Few weird sex things involve irresponsible handling of nuclear weapons stockpiles, or the sabotage of an already troubled education system.

Few maybe, but the best ones do.

Oh yeaaah. ;)
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: December 06, 2011, 08:02:41 am »

I am not going to be comfortable with a 'brony' president until I can be convinced it is not just a strange sex thing.
That's like saying all furries are into yiff.
You mean that thing that everybody already says about furries?
:P_
*Hugs*

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: December 06, 2011, 09:22:10 am »

I am not going to be comfortable with a 'brony' president until I can be convinced it is not just a strange sex thing.
Someone find me a MLP stream and a eunuch we have scientific rigors to preform.

EDIT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=xxAJqvslV7M

Can't...Breathe...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:36:09 am by Heliman »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: December 06, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

Someone find me a MLP stream and a eunuch we have scientific rigors to preform.

EDIT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=xxAJqvslV7M

Can't...Breathe...
Yes, Jappleack is hilarious.  ;D

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: December 06, 2011, 12:07:17 pm »

Ahb, uh, you might want to remove that, I'm unsure if it breaks the rule on posting illegal material.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: December 06, 2011, 12:08:54 pm »

Ahb, uh, you might want to remove that, I'm unsure if it breaks the rule on posting illegal material.
*sigh*

God damn it 4channers. I'll take it down, just save the link or something.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: December 06, 2011, 12:20:18 pm »

That's like saying all furries are into yiff.
You mean that thing that everybody already says about furries?
:P_
Everyone? Just idiots :P

And ugh, apple.mov. I respect the animation (it really is well done)... but I've always hated stuff like Ren and Stimpy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3248 on: December 06, 2011, 01:59:50 pm »

I swear, there needs to be a Godwin's law for ponies now.

wtf.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: December 06, 2011, 02:27:35 pm »

On the Cain front, it was originally a vague quotation that he attributed to 'a poet' or the 2000 Olympics closing song before The Internet laughed at him for it. Joystiq found four cases, including one of the debates. Sadly the video has been taken down.

Nice to see him own it and not back away from using the quote. Also nice to see such a fantastic goodbye gift to Jon Stewart. And the world in general.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:22 pm »

So I'm getting a haircut today. Stopped by some barber shop, just any old one.

My looking like a regular guy for appearances' sake is unfortunately just society being an ass. That said, I don't especially care about how it looks as long as its professional etc.

The old barber, who seems to work only on appointments, made it a point that I come to see him at 3PM for the appointment otherwise, "I'd be screwing him." I see what he was getting at, but it sort of makes me worry.  Has he had a lot of people cancel appointments on him for a haircut? Why?

Granted, I know I'm probably being stupid about the whole thing. People don't show up for appointments all the time. It's annoying as hell and costs money. Worse, you usually have to send them a stupid card with a teddy bear on it or something like, "O, did you forget? Please feel free to call our office to reschedule."

All the same, its sad that this guy has such a problem with that to the point where its the first thing he says to a new customer.... WTF people...? Guy charges $11/haircut; don't screw him....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:23 pm »

On the Cain front, it was originally a vague quotation that he attributed to 'a poet' or the 2000 Olympics closing song before The Internet laughed at him for it. Joystiq found four cases, including one of the debates. Sadly the video has been taken down.

Nice to see him own it and not back away from using the quote. Also nice to see such a fantastic goodbye gift to Jon Stewart. And the world in general.

Any bets as to how long before it comes out that he made "unwanted advances" towards Pikachu?

Since we're on Pokemon-related WTF (and because I had to Wiki search it because I know next to nothing about Pokemon other than Pikachu):

Pokémon has been criticized by some Christians, and Jews. Christian concerns over Pokémon have primarily addressed perceived occult and violent themes and the concept of "Pokémon evolution" (although evolution in Pokémon is more akin to metamorphosis, the ChildCare Action Project related it to the theory of evolution), which they claim goes against the Biblical creation account in Genesis, which the majority of Japanese, not adhering to Christianity, do not believe in. The Vatican, however, has countered that the Pokémon trading card game and video games are "full of inventive imagination" and have no "harmful moral side effects". In the United Kingdom, the "Christian Power Cards" game was introduced in 1999 by David Tate who stated, "Some people aren't happy with Pokémon and want an alternative, others just want Christian games." The game was similar to the Pokémon TCG but used Biblical figures.

A. You're complaining that a universe of cartoon monsters isn't "Biblically accurate" because they power up and change forms? ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME? SRSLY?
B. The Pope is down with Pokemon.  ???
C. "similar to Pokemon TCG but used Biblical figures." Am I the only one who sees hilarious unintended consequences from pitting Biblical heroes against each other? I found a BBC snippet about them:

[The Archangel]Gabriel would win on strength and faith, scoring 100 in both, but lose to Jonah on flaws and number of times mentioned in the Bible, nought and four compared to Jonah's 65 and 18.

OMGZ Jonah OP!  :P

In 1999, Nintendo stopped manufacturing the Japanese version of the "Koga's Ninja Trick" trading card because it depicted a manji, a traditionally Buddhist symbol with no negative connotations. The Jewish civil rights group Anti-Defamation League complained because the symbol is the reverse of a swastika, which is considered offensive to Jewish people. The cards were intended for sale in Japan, but the popularity of Pokémon led to importation in to the United States with approval from Nintendo. The Anti-Defamation League understood that the issue symbol was not intended to offend and acknowledged the sensitivity that Nintendo showed by removing the product.

ADL got a card pulled because of a reverse swastika. What, were they inundated with complaints from dyslexic Jews?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:04:02 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:52 pm »

One of the popes actually issued a statement a while back in support of pokemon
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: December 06, 2011, 03:05:10 pm »

He was just hoping they'd change it to Popemon.

I choose *you*, Benedictus!  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: December 06, 2011, 03:06:17 pm »

Heathen Mohammed would like to battle!

Mohammed sent out ALLAH!
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 11040