Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441433 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2385 on: November 05, 2011, 09:12:15 pm »

Note that I never said I agreed with it. In fact, I explicitly stated that the argument is not, in my opinion, theologically sound. I merely wanted to point out, directly, on what basis the argument is being made, which is less insane that it is presented as.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: November 05, 2011, 09:19:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Man that was a ridiculous final turn.  How could I even do this legally.  Our Yugioh games never ended this crazily.

Come to think of it I had a mana spare to play Llanowar Elves (and thus get another 5 tokens).
There has to be a rule against that. There just has to be.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: November 05, 2011, 09:19:56 pm »

AND THE GATES OF HELL WERE OPENED

ELVES

ELVES EVERYWHERE

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 05, 2011, 09:20:57 pm »

Man that was a ridiculous final turn.  How could I even do this legally.  Our Yugioh games never ended this crazily.

Come to think of it I had a mana spare to play Llanowar Elves (and thus get another 5 tokens).
There has to be a rule against that. There just has to be.
Nope, its legal, ever heard of a Squirrel deck?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: November 05, 2011, 09:22:54 pm »

Pictured: The greatest hell the upper forums could possibly imagine.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2390 on: November 05, 2011, 10:45:43 pm »

Pfft, you didn't even go infinite.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: November 05, 2011, 11:20:09 pm »

Yup, which used to be surprisingly easy to do if you knew how: Palinchron, Mana Flare. Play flare, play Pali, which untaps the 7 land. Each land produces twice the mana.... Bounce Pali back to hand, repeat infinitely. Then it was the choice of fireball to fry them or prosperity to make them draw their entire deck (as long as you can actually protect yourself from same). Depending on initial hand and cards drawn, it was possible to have a 10th turn infinite damage fireball kill.

The infinite mana above + goblin offensive. Or would elves be worse than goblins?

Well, I feel old....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:24:25 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: November 05, 2011, 11:22:24 pm »

My illness has stopped making any sense. It keeps comming back and forth... UGH!!! MAKE SENSE!

I don't trust it... It is pretending it is gone... but I know... ohh I know it will be back... O_O

I am not crazy, your crazy... YOUR ALL CRAZY!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:23:58 pm by Neonivek »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 05, 2011, 11:26:12 pm »

Yup, which used to be surprisingly easy to do if you knew how: Palinchron, Mana Flare. Play flare, play Pali, which untaps the 7 land. Each land produces twice the mana.... Bounce Pali back to hand, repeat infinitely. Then it was the choice of fireball to fry them or prosperity to make them draw their entire deck (as long as you can actually protect yourself from same). Depending on initial hand and cards drawn, it was possible to have a 10th turn infinite damage fireball kill.

The infinite mana above + goblin offensive. Or would elves be worse than goblins?

Well, I feel old....

Why not just use slivers?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: November 05, 2011, 11:28:33 pm »

Well, I feel old....

Just Slivers? You mean Sliver Queen?

And we've derailed.... :P
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:30:48 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: November 05, 2011, 11:29:18 pm »

Slivers can now be counteracted with Eldrazi or Changlings.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: November 05, 2011, 11:35:11 pm »

Well, I feel old....

Just Slivers? You mean Sliver Queen?

And we've derailed.... :P

Sliver Queen + Mana Echoes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: November 05, 2011, 11:35:41 pm »

A properly constructed Sliver deck should outright trump Changelings given that there are Sliver cards that instantly destroy Slivers.

Kinda wish I had the money to keep a good deck right now. A new version of my zombie deck would have been nice... and with the colors being Black and Blue it goes into my specialty (Ok not really...)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: November 05, 2011, 11:43:06 pm »

A properly constructed Sliver deck should outright trump Changelings given that there are Sliver cards that instantly destroy Slivers.

Kinda wish I had the money to keep a good deck right now. A new version of my zombie deck would have been nice... and with the colors being Black and Blue it goes into my specialty (Ok not really...)
Yes but Changlings gain the instant kill slivers effects without them going down :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: November 05, 2011, 11:46:46 pm »

I don't think that is exactly the same card I am thinking of.

THOUGH it probably is.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 11040