Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442232 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2130 on: October 16, 2011, 10:33:47 pm »

Failing to get it out my usual ways, I think that has to qualify as a "What the hell am I doing?" moment. I took a spare mouse and rapidly started clicking as a way to communicate with it (or curse it out in it's tongue).
Attention dispatch, we have an Arachnid Sympathizer in the district, name of Itnetlolor, move to contain.
I got over my fear enough to hunt them, but I am no sympathizer. Get that Raid away from me; I was just trying something out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 16, 2011, 10:43:23 pm »

Failing to get it out my usual ways, I think that has to qualify as a "What the hell am I doing?" moment. I took a spare mouse and rapidly started clicking as a way to communicate with it (or curse it out in it's tongue).
Attention dispatch, we have an Arachnid Sympathizer in the district, name of Itnetlolor, move to contain.
I got over my fear enough to hunt them, but I am no sympathizer. Get that Raid away from me; I was just trying something out.
"TRYING SOMETHING OUT" IS THE FIRST STEP TO BETRAYING HUMANITY TO THE EIGHT-LEGGED MENACE, YOU SHALL DRINK THE FRUITS OF THEIR ANNIHILATION UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND!

So, let's be calm about this, shall we?

Question One:

* MetalSlimeHunt slaps you.

Where did you hide the nest, and how close are the hatchlings to reaching combat strength?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 16, 2011, 10:47:12 pm »

Remember the Middle Ages?

Never happened???

I stopped reading the moment they treated 'hypothesis' and 'theory' as synonyms. If you're using BS "common usage" definitions for scientific terms, that alone is enough to demonstrate that you don't know what you're talking about. Not to mention that the subject itself is paranoia on the level of the 9/11 truthers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2133 on: October 16, 2011, 10:50:39 pm »

"TRYING SOMETHING OUT" IS THE FIRST STEP TO BETRAYING HUMANITY TO THE EIGHT-LEGGED MENACE, YOU SHALL DRINK THE FRUITS OF THEIR ANNIHILATION UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND!

So, let's be calm about this, shall we?

Question One:

* MetalSlimeHunt slaps you.

Where did you hide the nest, and how close are the hatchlings to reaching combat strength?
I didn't hide one, but I think there was at least one nest outside my window (saw quite a few make a home on the other side), and maybe another one or few between the first floor ceiling, and second floor floor. I didn't, or at least wasn't able to eradicate them. I also killed wanderers before any interrogations could be held. Like I said, I'm not betraying the human race. I don't worship Dogar and Kazon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53:37 pm »

I don't worship Dogar and Kazon.
Then how do you know about them?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 16, 2011, 11:02:04 pm »

You shouldn't lie to Mr. Aklyon, "Itnet", if that is your real name. He is far more prone to move to methods of interrogation with....., shall we say, "permanent consequences" than I am.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:05:48 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2136 on: October 16, 2011, 11:17:07 pm »

You shouldn't lie to Mr. Aklyon, "Itnet", if that is your real name. He is far more prone to move to methods of interrogation with....., shall we say, "permanent consequences" than I am.
Appreciable effort. It would do them well...

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 16, 2011, 11:50:52 pm »

Hate to interrupt an interrogation, but is there a reason that an Amish person can't have a northern US accent? There are tons of Amish all over the northern half of the country.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 17, 2011, 03:30:19 am »

Not to mention that the subject itself is paranoia on the level of the 9/11 truthers.
I love reading crackpot science and conspiracy theories. This is both at the same time!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 17, 2011, 12:20:27 pm »

Remember the Middle Ages?

Never happened???

what.

So...one of their main arguments is that Charlemagne was simply too badass to be for real?  ???
Im sorry, but these guys fail archaeology, history and *common sense* forever. (I have degrees in the first two, and precious little of the third)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 18, 2011, 01:10:39 pm »

I *really* need to get some sleep. Two weeks of getting 3-4 hours a night has caught up with me hard. Having short episodes of aphasia, where I'm having to actively concentrate to get the letters on the screen to line up into words and not just a garble of letters. Also getting some free association, stream-of-consciousness type bursts of thinking, where it's like I'm so tired I just can't structure my brain so I just let the thoughts spill all over the place. Would probably be pretty cool if I were an artsy type and was somewhere where I could just babble like a Delphic oracle and record it for later use.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 18, 2011, 02:09:29 pm »

Caffine seems to have no effect on me. I took a thing of coffee meant for a coffee machine(one that was meant to make espresso, in fact), dumped it into a mug that was about 12-16oz. It was still too much coffee for the water to dissolve it all. That's probably enough caffine to kill some people, and I think I feel a little more tired than usual.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 18, 2011, 03:25:34 pm »

Apparently this can implode?
Not really sure how that works, but it has a graph that looks bad.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 18, 2011, 03:32:01 pm »

Short version: Bitcoins have proved to be really easy to steal, not many people accept bitcoins as payment (most of those that do, are involved in the grey or black market as well), so people don't really trust the currency. Thus, the value of bitcoins is plummeting.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 18, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »

More of a "Why?" than wtf, but it fits here better.

Again with this.

I thought that was quite settled last year or so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 11040