Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449951 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #2010 on: October 08, 2011, 08:21:33 pm »

My blood. It's bloody dark, nearly black. How did it get this dark?

It's time you knew the truth.

Your parents are not your real parents.  They found you as an infant, alone in a burned out village.  The elves left not a single orc alive, but you.

Your mother hid you well, and your father fought valiantly to distract them further... with this sword.  Take it.  Now go and avenge!

Edit:  Arterial blood is very dark, especially as anything more than a thin film.  I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 08, 2011, 08:22:22 pm »

Your parents are not your real parents.  They found you as an infant, alone in a burned out village.  The elves left not a single orc alive, but you.

Your mother hid you well, and your father fought valiantly to distract them further... with this sword.  Take it.  Now go and avenge!
AVENGE METHEM!!!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: October 08, 2011, 10:31:19 pm »

Edit:  Arterial blood is very dark, especially as anything more than a thin film.  I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
Arterial blood is very dark, especially as anything more than a thin film.  I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
Not sure if I wanna know...

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 08, 2011, 10:42:55 pm »

Arterial blood is very dark, especially as anything more than a thin film.  I've cleaned up large quantities of it before.
Sometimes when they say "Don't try this at home." YOU DON'T TRY IT AT HOME, DAMN IT!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: October 08, 2011, 11:28:47 pm »

Haha I was wondering when someone would pick up on that.

My dad was in the garage cutting a pipe with a large knife.  He was also really tired, and not taking proper precautions, like cutting away from him instead of towards him.  His arm jerked as he finished cutting through, and he stabbed himself in the leg.

He walked calmly into the house holding his leg and spurting blood everywhere, and told mom "Umm... I need to go to the emergency room."  They were gone within the next two minutes, and my mom's last words as she flew out the door were "Chuck, please clean up the blood!"  There was a lot of it.  Like several cup fulls spread across 3 rooms in large puddles.  I think I was 12 at the time, and it really didn't bother me.

My dad's a tough guy.  It was at least a 20 minute drive to the hospital.  When he got there, they immediately sewed it up... and then the wound began rapidly swelling and turning dark... that's when they realized he'd sliced an artery.  So they had to open it back up and sew the artery shut, without an opportunity to give him anything but topical anesthetic.  All he did was grit his teeth.

On a lighter note.

Me:  "You really don't like trying new things, do you, Hiro?"
Hiro:  "I do!  It's just that I've never tried them before!"

Kids   ::)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 09, 2011, 04:34:36 am »

So we're watching Torchwood, and at some point some guy makes an announcement at his party: "Thank you all for coming to our 5th anniversary [etc etc]".
We look at eachother. "Damn, that's today, isn't it?". I bought flowers the next day, but we both forgot about it :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 09, 2011, 07:27:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: October 09, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »

Makes me wonder if the person who invented high heels was a sadistic asshole...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: October 09, 2011, 08:36:04 pm »

Remember that heels were initially worn by men...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: October 09, 2011, 08:37:39 pm »

When I was showering, my... lower regions itched, so I scratched them. Then I decided to spit and I spat blood.

???
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: October 09, 2011, 08:38:34 pm »

When I was showering, my... lower regions itched, so I scratched them. Then I decided to spit and I spat blood.

???

How the hell hard did you scratch!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 09, 2011, 08:39:49 pm »

Clearly, those horns his avatar has? He has those on his fingertips, and they are made of razors.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: October 09, 2011, 09:34:08 pm »

Remember that heels were initially worn by men...
I've never liked high heels. :\
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2023 on: October 10, 2011, 01:20:22 am »

Yeah, that doesn't really look comfortable to wear at all. Why were they ever created?

Really, I walk on my toes a lot (walking in shoes can be a bit awkward), but holy fuck.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: October 10, 2011, 04:14:07 am »

It's the high oxygen content that makes it turn dark. That's also why blood turns dark if it clots, the heme becomes saturated with oxygen.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 11040