Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6563 6564 [6565] 6566 6567 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444065 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #98460 on: March 15, 2016, 02:56:38 pm »

It has occurred to me that I've never seen an anime where The Ultimate Super Attack would involve an axe kick as a finishing move.

Has anyone seen such a thing?

It's actually very common for the physical fighting parts of Dragonball and DBZ.
These are neither Ultimate nor Super, though. DBZ doesn't even have names for those, and neither does Dragonball, with an exception of that one attack Goku uses before he learns the Kamehameha. You could really just cut out all physical fighting parts out of DBZ, they don't matter at all (outside of that one time where SS2 Gohan punches the android out of Cell).

It has occurred to me that I've never seen an anime where The Ultimate Super Attack would involve an axe kick as a finishing move.

Has anyone seen such a thing?

I think Luffy in One Piece might have done that a few times.

Edit:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY9Mo9CPdEM

Luffy has so many ultimate super attacks that I'm not even sure they count as super or ultimate though.  :D
That seem more like it, though it seems to be not actually canon to the series, seeing as it is from a movie and all.
._.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98462 on: March 15, 2016, 03:45:41 pm »

Lobo (A DC character) got a remake into a pretty boy with a tragic backstory failed romance and crawling in my skin.
He then proceeds to kill the proper Lobo who is apparently an impostor in this bizzaro universe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It kinda reminds me of the crap they did in the new Devil may Cry where this scene happens.
https://youtu.be/N-VU_7fC8PM?t=37

It's basically a self congratulatory wank while waving a sign "Look the new is obviously better than the old so stop bitching!".
And they obviously put this in because they knew that people would bitch about it... but they did it anyway.
I have a feeling i'd be out for blood if i gave a damn about comic book characters.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:48:49 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98463 on: March 15, 2016, 03:58:12 pm »

Bluh, I don't care about comic books, but that gave me a cringe.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98464 on: March 15, 2016, 04:29:53 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:12:15 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98465 on: March 15, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »

Bluh, I don't care about comic books, but that gave me a cringe.
Aye, it's like OC bookburning, only instead of leaving blissful destruction they resurrect abominable fanfiction to take its place as canon

Sort of ironic given the whole theme about usurping imposters

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #98466 on: March 15, 2016, 04:47:53 pm »

The funny thing is lobo was one of those characters that was supposed to be silly and stupid as a sorta nod to how silly comics can be.

And now they go and turn him into the reverse of that. DC is really just a shit these days isn't it?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98467 on: March 15, 2016, 04:50:04 pm »

The Lobo you think you know doesn’t exist.

Back when we introduced this “What’s New In The New 52” column, I told you that the most important word in The New 52 is "New." We're always striving to keep things exciting, different and surprising. Which is why JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.2: LOBO (from the creative team of Marguerite Bennett, Ben Oliver, Cliff Richards and Daniel Brown) contains a major surprise – one we’ve had planned for a while. The Lobo you’ve seen so far in the New 52 is not who you think he is. In this one-shot, you’ll be introduced to the real Lobo. A ruthless killer, Lobo is on a quest to kill the man who has taken his name.

This Lobo is equal parts strong, vicious, and driven. There’s a darker and more logical idea about what a force of nature like him is capable of. After all, this is someone who can infiltrate high society, fly a space ship, and adhere to a very specific moral code that’s not your typical anti-hero one. Oh, and, this one-shot takes place very far away from Earth. And when I say very far away, I mean it takes place literally on the other side of the galaxy.

There was a lot of thought put into how the real Lobo should look. Kenneth Rocafort’s various interpretations blew us away, but the design we landed on as the final choice is the last one in the above gallery. In this design, Ken updated Lobo’s facial tattoos and weaponry by adding laser edges to his blades and gloves that’ll give him extra strength with their mechanical usage. In the end, Ken transformed Lobo into a lean, mean killing machine.

Have a great weekend,
Bob
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/08/23/whats-new-in-the-new-52-lobos-new-look

They even gave him a katana
Downgrading biker Khan to One Direction
If I cared I'd be angry, OVER CHARACTERS

EDGYYYYYYYY

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98468 on: March 15, 2016, 04:56:29 pm »

Still better than what Michael bay did with Transformers.   :P  :-[

:D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98469 on: March 15, 2016, 05:00:12 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:12:06 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #98470 on: March 15, 2016, 05:02:44 pm »

... I don't know what a present participle is :-[

Words that end in -ing. Running, Walking, etc.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98471 on: March 15, 2016, 05:04:11 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:11:59 pm by Vector »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98472 on: March 15, 2016, 05:06:29 pm »

AGAIN, nearly pushed to quitting. Saw a coworker hanging stock in a manner we've been specifically told NOT to do and is becoming a problem because people keep doing it. I ask her to stop doing that, and she responds with a nasty attitude. Then later during lunch break, she and another girl start making sexist comments about men, at least some of which I'm pretty sure were directed at me(note: the other girl has made such comments before). Given that shit like this is pretty damn close to why I left my last job, I am not going to tolerate it any longer.

I'm watching LSP play a fucking disney skating game on stream.

It started with kids bop music and now it's moved to fucking emo music, also talking uncircumcised penises and McDonalds product placement.
I'm guessing it has something to do with Frozen? Seriously, I should get around to watching that at some point.

Also, I like your avatar. I've always thought Koakuma was cute, and that looks like she finally snapped under the pressure of working for Patchouli.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98473 on: March 15, 2016, 05:12:15 pm »

This discussion made me realize I don't know what participle even is. They keep telling me that at every second English class, too, but I keep forgetting what it is D:

it's not like it's preventing me from being mistaken for an American twice (lol@Europol) & apparently, according to a certain French duck, being on C3 level of English

I guess the recurrent neural system in my head is just too adept at mentally copy-pasting and mashing things together for such silly things like "not knowing definitions of the words" to stop me
._.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #98474 on: March 15, 2016, 05:13:20 pm »

I'm guessing it has something to do with Frozen? Seriously, I should get around to watching that at some point.

Also, I like your avatar. I've always thought Koakuma was cute, and that looks like she finally snapped under the pressure of working for Patchouli.

It was an old game, ps2. Surpisingly made by toys for bob and activision.

Also I can't help but feel this is just how Koakuma is normally. Proper and calm when patchouli is around, when she's not looking AW YEEE PANTSU OFF DANCE OFF.

Kinda like Gunner-Chans sister actually.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.
Pages: 1 ... 6563 6564 [6565] 6566 6567 ... 11040